Most exciting motorcycle you ever ridden

Moo du

6 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Exciting, the noise????

You could be referring to my post, so if you are, let me help you out a little...........

The most exciting motorcycle I have ever ridden because it was my first one, in relative terms it was a powerful bike, and at 16 years old I could go anywhere I wanted to, when I wanted to and not have to answer to anyone in order to do so.

As regards the noise, well that lovely hum of a twin two stroke engine going flat out just added to the excitement and the whole experience.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, transam said:

The GS150   was Vespa's big bike of the era, they upped it to 160cc then the SS180 came out...All much the same to ride, though in my opinion the Lambretta was a much better ride and feel, the Vespa was too light at the front...

I remember when you told me that you welded two more cylinders at it and seven Del Orto carbs and it had 700 horsepowers. The good ol' times. :saai:

A 43 kg Thai girl sitting in a basket in front would have done the trick! :smile:

Edited by jenny2017

My favorite ride was a ‘47 Harley Knucklehead chopper all black no chrome at all even the knuckles were powder coated black. Dumped it in California, when I got out of the hospital about a week later no one could locate it. Nothing stock on it. Would never try riding it here.

Now I put around on my Yamaha Mio put put. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a 2009 fireblade now, been riding for over 40 years and had loads of bikes, possibly the most exciting though is the Kawasaki 750 turbo, power of a 500 up till 4500rpm, then all hell brakes loose!! Would still give most sports bikes a run for Thier money between 50 and 130mph!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2018 at 9:06 AM, tpthai2 said:

Yeas 1979,  Barstow to Vegas.  Yamaha TT500.    5acef73476588_TT500BtoV.jpg.2e847fb67bcf826c28ce758707b1a254.jpg

Excellent photo. Extreme offroad has always beeing my favorite, particulary in hard sand. Looks like -

what inspired Dakkar- I owned an XR500R so..it was actually better than riding a horse in the open

field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

The negative part: It broke my friend's leg when he wanted to kickstart it. It seemed that tons came back on his leg. 

I remember a similar thing with a mate and his BSA 500cc Goldstar.........didn't break his leg but threw him a fair way off the bike (quite a few times)!! It was a beast to kickstart.

Then a mate bought a Norton 400cc with electric start............a great idea (I thought), but they didn't seem to catch on and by then the Hondas were on the scene and tolled the death knell for the British motorcycle industry.

• Like 1

1979 TT500 guy. You may have been to the Slash X Bar it was just past the Barstow area out the middle of no where. Followed the power lines out to it. 

Some great stories and a lot more interesting than issues we deal with daily. Although it’s good to hear perspectives a d learn an easier road to take. 

8 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Wow - so many.

YZ490 - 105 kg 55 HP stock, bored, ported and polished. Would pull the bars right out of your hands when it came on the pipe.

H2 Triple - flat slides, expansion chambers, ported and polished, 190kg, 75 HP stock - and mine was far from that. Estimate 120-130. Scary. Spent a lot of time trying to find the frame hinge under the seat.

GPZ 1100 - my first 200 HP bike. A racer with a license plate. Braced and lengthened swingarm, slicks, 250 KG 120 HP stock. Mine had it all, 13:1, cams, 4into1, no baffle. Ran 115/145 Avgas when we could find it. Would not idle below 3000 RPM. Engine noise best described as a scream. Twist the throttle and you do not ride there, you ARE there. Taught me to look far far down the road, 'cause in about 2 seconds that is where I will be.

Every time I shave I ask myself - 'Why are you still here ' 555

Tottaly agreed canthai. Interesting post. I rode the YZ490 as a commuter bike, in urban area, (paved

road, european capital)in 1985. Only now I understand how much this was a hardcore experience.

The H2 is the widowmaker. In my country, it has prooved its name.

The GPZ 1100. Have you ever seen a Jeff Coons construction with a shark suspended in a 

glass cage? The GPZ1100 should be captured suspended in a glass cage, as it is a work

of art.

Ride safe, man.

Edited by Moo du

Yeah he s pretty cool.If we start talking about motorcycle experiences and we end up disscusing Jeff Coons

work, that makes it a kind of surreal thread. And I like surrealism, as much as I like rally enduro and

superbikes.

As a lover of the chook chasers (dirt bikes) the best I've ridden are various 500cc two strokes, WR, KX and the widow making CR 500 and CR 480. Had a KTM 950 dual purpose bike for a few years, brilliant on road and off. Now riding the bulletproof Honda XR650. Only ridden a few road bikes, and will never forget spending four days riding around Chiang Mai/Lampang area on a Ducati 900SS in the early 2000's. Great thread!
IMGP2038.thumb.JPG.f7591a3faa9811369e9b90060b1a4104.JPG

Could not agree more,got a bulletproof baby brother XR250L Dal-ara for a last couple of years.
However,my heart is on unstoppable challenger in endurance,no hi-tec stuff but real single cylinder 500 and carburetor.IMG_6165.JPGIMG_6071.JPGIMG_6258.JPGIMG_6172.JPG

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

MyASUSBanner$uk$1080$770$1424754000000.jpg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Moo du said:

And I like surrealism, as much as I like rally enduro and

superbikes.

I have always liked anything that the sheeple do not.

Rode an HD when you know exactly what kind of person you would meet, as only certain people would even consider it.

Gone my own way my whole life - the road less travelled..

9 to 5 was never for me. When I was young ...

• Like 1

I dont think anything was as exciting as I nervously walked into a hire shop in CM with only about 20 minutes riding experience on a cb150e at the learner course back in australia and wobbled out of the place on a brand new R3 looking like i was going to stack it

Edited by Jdiddy
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, xylophone said:

On the subject of scary/exciting.............after my first bike (250cc 2-stroke twin) I wanted a bigger bike cos most of my mates had progressed to them (AJS, Norton etc) so I bought a Triumph 500cc Speedtwin.

Not only was that a misnomer on the one I had as it wasn't much faster than my previous 2-stroke, but the road handling on it was "scary" on cornering.

Maybe it was a Triumph thing as much later I bought a Triumph TR4A sports car and that suspension was atrocious, with the arse end hopping out on corners!!

Triumph_Speed_Twin_motorcycle.thumb.jpg.6d3c1d5075eecdc763d960b53fe3c64b.jpg

I think the rear 'skirt' gives it away - a bike for ladies? :whistling: (Not pointing the finger at you).

I also had a T120 Bonneville of the same era, went fairly quick and handled okay. Pity about the ignition timing.

Edited by lvr181
Additional wording
  • Like 1