Four die in a pickup truck that smashed into a roadside tree in Korat

webfact

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Thai death toll figures are ONLY those who die at the scene.  If you die in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, or in the hospital, that doesn't count as "road death toll".  Got an in-law who is a Lt. with the RTP traffic devision who confirmed that.

True. Toll numbers are counted as 'dead at scene'.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Four die in a pickup truck that smashed into a roadside tree

I drove my car this morning around BKK.

The speed limit was 90 km/h, I was driving as everyone at 120km/h, suddenly a pickup carrying 8 youths in the rear bed passed us at at least 160 km/h. A normal day.

• Sad 1

Three youths were killed and the fourth died later at a hospital after a pickup truck in which they were travelling lost control and crashed into a huge roadside tree in Phimai district of Nakhon Ratchasima on Saturday(Apr 14).

The car lost control of itself, okay. 

11 hours ago, hgma said:

the tree didn't die

The tree wasn't hurt to an extend that the family had to sell off all assets to keep caring

the tree tells her own story, and anyone can see what the message was/is.

be it that 4 young lives were wasted....RIP

not wasted,  better off dead than possibly killing others by their actions later in life _______

On 4/15/2018 at 10:27 PM, Just1Voice said:

Thai death toll figures are ONLY those who die at the scene.  If you die in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, or in the hospital, that doesn't count as "road death toll".  Got an in-law who is a Lt. with the RTP traffic devision who confirmed that.

Sounds like the US military.  "Killed in Action" (KIA) vs. "died as a result of wounds..."  My son made it into a chopper in Iraq.  Not sure if he died in the air or after he got to a facility.  Still counted as combat deaths though.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2018 at 4:16 PM, FitnessHealthTravel said:

True. Toll numbers are counted as 'dead at scene'.

Agreed.

In the Asian Correspondent of 27th March 2015  it was actually 80 lives lost per day on the roads in Thailand.

They have just learned to lie a little more.