Nok Air’s flight from Ubon bound for BKK delayed at least five hours due to a plane’s tyre burst

webfact

Nok Air’s flight from Ubon bound for BKK delayed at least five hours due to a plane’s tyre burst

By Thai PBS

Nok-Air.jpg

Hundreds of passengers of Nok Air airline were stranded at Ubon Ratchathani airport for more than five hours after a tyre of the plane burst while taxing on the runway on Sunday.

After the incident involving Nok Air’s flight DD9311 which was originally scheduled to leave Ubon Ratchathani for Don Meuang airport at 11 am, passengers were told of the incident and to wait at the airport’s departure lounge until 2 pm when repairs were expected to be completed.

However at about 2 pm, the passengers were told that their flight would be postponed to about 4.50 pm as the airline was awaiting for the arrival of a new tyre.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nok-airs-flight-ubon-bound-bkk-delayed-least-five-hours-due-planes-tyre-burst/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-16
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Didn't have a Spare in the Luggage compartment,,,,, 5 Blinking hrs to change a spare Wheel (Tire) ,,,,

And always the same: the provincial airports have zero spare/repair capacity.

All flown in from Bangkok or elsewhere.

Took time to dismount from another airplane :cheesy:

Just another Nok Air headline.

Wish I have counted but quite sure it's no. 1 in the headlines.

There is a reason why I avoid them as the plague.

4 hours ago, wirat69 said:

Quicker (and maybe safer) to take the train!!!

I take it you've never taken the train in Thailand? We took the train from Udon Thani to BKK to see the Country. After the 4599th paddy field We realized our mistake. In the A/C first carriage my reserved seat was broken. The A/C whilst working was spewing water onto the carriage floor and three attendants were using the cool carriage to fold an enormous pile of blankets. Final insult in BKK, two hours late and the train was held up by crossing gates to allow cars priority and not vice versa.:omfg::crying::crazy:

4 hours ago, wirat69 said:

Quicker (and maybe safer) to take the train!!!

Or use one of the three other airlines to DMK or BKK.

I would prefer Thai Smile to BKK anytime.

Second would be Air Asia to DMK.

Thai Lion? Never experienced.

20 hours ago, liberator6996 said:

Hundreds of pax???  What size aircraft does Nok have??

They would have been operating their B737-800 which is configured for 189 Thais or 150 farangs. 

They do seem to be having a few issues this year. I said in another post that I wondered about industrial relations within the company which has been poor in the past.