Songkran: Big Joke meets a Burmese man and asks why he has got a knife in Silom

webfact

Songkran: Big Joke meets a Burmese man and asks why he has got a knife in Silom

7pm.jpg

Pictures: INN

A Burmese man out for Songkran in Silom didn't expect to be confronted by the current biggest crime buster in Thailand.

But that is what happened yesterday as Surachet Hakpal - deputy commissioner of the tourist police - dropped into the New Year celebrations in downtown Bangkok.

The Burmese man was trying to enter the cordoned off area with a knife in a backpack. There were fears that he was there to slash the straps of tourists' bags and steal.

16-35.jpg

But Surachet decided that the knife was not sharp enough for the job and said that he would just be fined 1,000 baht for having a potential weapon in public.

The Burmese man who was not named said he was a construction worker in Pathum Thani and was looking after the bag and the knife for a friend.

His visa was in order and the Thung Mahamek cops were holding him while his boss came to pay the fine.

Surachet is known by the Big Joke moniker in the Thai media and has been all over the media recently busting everyone from romance scammers to illegal guides and call center gangs.

Source: INN News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-16

I believe that Big Joke the only one officer by the TPD that do something, a few weeks ago I send one complain regarding lottery vendors that charge more than 80 baht by email to his office, few days after I got the response to call the police next time that I see it again. is the tourist police no part of the Thai Royal Police? They inform on FB that in case you can make your complaint true them.

7 hours ago, Darcula said:
7 hours ago, webfact said:

was looking after the bag and the knife for a friend

Perfectly good excuse that. Just like looking after watches for a dead friend.

I'm not sure. I reckon the dead friend watch-keeper must have Pat. Pending on that excuse.

• Haha 1