Orange Line starts construction April 21

webfact

Orange Line starts construction April 21

By Thai PBS

orangeline.jpg

More traffic lanes on the Ramkhamhaeng road will be closed to facilitate the construction of the third underground section of the Orange Line connecting Hua Mark with Khlong Ban Ma.

The Mass Rapid Transit Authority (MRT) said on Wednesday (April 18) that as the contractor, Italian-Thai Development, will begin to construct the underground section of the Orange Line and subway station connecting Hua Mark with Khlong Ban Ma, it is therefore necessary to close traffic lanes on Ramkhamhaeng road to facilitate the construction.

MRT said it will close one inbound traffic lane from Soi Ramkhamhaeng 64-64/3 and one outbound traffic lane from Soi Ramkhamhaeng 105 – 109 (in front of Amway (Thailand) Co Ltd), starting from 10pm on April 21 onward.

Full story:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/orange-line-starts-construction-april-21/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-18

Eventually, there will be a station at Sammakorn Village.  Sammakorn is an older 'mooban', plenty of shops and restaurants. Throughout the years, the older houses were bought up and a few massive places were built. 

The neighborhood people believe that house prices could double when the Orange line is complete. I think prices will go up, but not by much. Twenty years from now, maybe.  Any thoughts about 'moobans' next to BTS/MRT stations?

Edited by missoura

8 hours ago, missoura said:

Eventually, there will be a station at Sammakorn Village.  Sammakorn is an older 'mooban', plenty of shops and restaurants. Throughout the years, the older houses were bought up and a few massive places were built. 

The neighborhood people believe that house prices could double when the Orange line is complete. I think prices will go up, but not by much. Twenty years from now, maybe.  Any thoughts about 'moobans' next to BTS/MRT stations?

My thoughts are that I've got to travel that route (less often than before, but still enough), so it'll be worse again.

And traffic control? The RTP continue to ably demonstrate that they couldn't organise the metaphorical p__s up. 

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2018 at 8:50 AM, wotsdermatter said:

Please explain, if possible, to this holder of a PhD in Clinical Psychology, how an Orange Line can start to construct itself because I am baffled? Just curious.

Worse than that regarding the poorly written headline is that construction of the Orange line actually commenced in June 2017! Construction progress is currently at around 6%.

On 4/18/2018 at 6:50 PM, wotsdermatter said:

Please explain, if possible, to this holder of a PhD in Clinical Psychology, how an Orange Line can start to construct itself because I am baffled? Just curious.

Don't ask me. I'm still trying to 'grow' an economy--in my backyard...