Is this the worst ‘farang breakfast’ in all of Thailand?

webfact

12 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Actually in the UK vegetarian sausages, bacon and rather bizarrely black pudding are all available, so a cooked breakfast with no meat is perfectly feasible.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

yeah, bloody vegetarians wanting to eat sausages, burgers and stuff that looks like meat but isn't meat, confused freaks IMO

With regards the breakfast in the OP i think it's quite a cute effort, how the hell would they know what he meant out in the sticks? just get stuck in you unappreciative tosser

12 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

yeah, bloody vegetarians wanting to eat sausages, burgers and stuff that looks like meat but isn't meat, confused freaks IMO ...

Being a vegetarian for 45 years or so, I agree.  Though my Thai Mom-in-Law did make some "Jay" food using glutenous wheat flower that was chewy like meat that was pretty good.  But that's an old Chinese thing.  I do pretty well with deep-fried firm bean curd that's been refrigerated overnight.  Nutty, chewey, not bad if eaten with copious amounts of hot sauce. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Agree except for eggs need to be over easy and runny for me.

I order my eggs well done because i won't eat fried eggs where the eggwhite is still raw. Many hotels/restaurants in Thailand serve them half raw...

And who orders a vegy breakfast?? And even starts complaining if he gets what was asked for.

The poster of this story asked for vegetables and got them. What was there to complain about except the eggs? The Thai restaurant did a good job and probably added the toast and eggs because that is what they had seen practically all 'farang' breakfasts include and were trying to be helpful.

I would have been very happy with that breakfast, minus the toast and eggs. It is close to what I chose from the breakfast buffet each morning at a hotel I was staying in recently. While I was happily eating good nutritious boiled veggies, other guests (mostly foreign and sickly looking) were stuffing themselves on cancerous fried bacon, fried eggs, sausages probably made from animal waste and chemicals, burnt bread, butter and dollops of toxic sugar by way of jams. Yech!

1 minute ago, Antonymous said:

The poster of this story asked for vegetables and got them. What was there to complain about except the eggs? The Thai restaurant did a good job and probably added the toast and eggs because that is what they had seen practically all 'farang' breakfasts include and were trying to be helpful.

I would have been very happy with that breakfast, minus the toast and eggs. It is close to what I chose from the breakfast buffet each morning at a hotel I was staying in recently. While I was happily eating good nutritious boiled veggies, other guests (mostly foreign and sickly looking) were stuffing themselves on cancerous fried bacon, fried eggs, sausages probably made from animal waste and chemicals, burnt bread, butter and dollops of toxic sugar by way of jams. Yech!

stop it, you're making me hungry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gaviny said:

Enlighten me please..what is a veggie breakfast ?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It’s what I eat every day.

A breakfast that does not consist of animal products.

A personal choice. 

One I’ve made for over 32 years. 

Does appear to be an affront to some though...

Edited by Bluespunk

15 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Actually in the UK vegetarian sausages, bacon and rather bizarrely black pudding are all available, so a cooked breakfast with no meat is perfectly feasible.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Ah , now you have touched my veggie gripe.  Veg. that looks like sausages , veg. that looks like bacon + veggie burgers. If I was only allowed to eat meat I wouldn't want it arriving on the plate looking like veg.   Imagine chicken arriving and looking like carrot or fish coming along to look like cauliflower ! Oh and what is it all about that a veggie can eat eggs and sometimes fish hmm ?  But I suppose it could be worse to pay for a girl only to find it is a LB made to look like a girl . Drifting off topic now .

So this breakfast was in Yasothon? Well, fair enough. I'd have to agree with previous posters. Go for the Thai breakfast. So much to choose from.  Noodle  soup. Jok with Chinese donuts. Grilled pork and sticky rice and on and on.

Don't see what's the problem.

hey got what they asked for.

A veggie breakfast,  that's what it looks like to me.

Zero for presentation,  but its veggie breakfast.

Should have stated exactly what they wanted on the plate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say,   Idiot falang customers. :crazy:

• Like 2

Looks fine to me. Foods food Dont eat you die. Anyone who needs things prettied needs to remember it all comes out the same. This is a bizarre story. Who gives a sht? Get a life people... More important things to worry about than a pathetic breakfast someone was too stuck up to appreciate. Dont like it, make it yourself...

5 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

Looks fine to me. Foods food Dont eat you die. Anyone who needs things prettied needs to remember it all comes out the same. This is a bizarre story. Who gives a sht? Get a life people... More important things to worry about than a pathetic breakfast someone was too stuck up to appreciate. Dont like it, make it yourself...

Having a bad day......bored.gif.6549274e509173138f2fae4da8932130.gif

As a American I prefer a breakfast of over easy eggs, bacon, and toast.  When I do order breakfast, the eggs look like the picture in this forum and I could use them as hockey pucks instead of over easy.  I don't know why but over easy does not compute with the local cooks.  Actually the only time I can get a decent breakfast is make it myself.  Just an observation.

Edited by puyaidon

6 minutes ago, puyaidon said:

As a American I prefer a breakfast of over easy eggs, bacon, and toast.  When I do order breakfast, the eggs look like the picture in this forum and I could use them as hockey pucks instead of over easy.  I don't know why but over easy does not compute with the local cooks.  Actually the only time I can get a decent breakfast is make it myself.  Just an observation.

As an English bloke I have no idea what "over easy" eggs means...:stoner:

15 minutes ago, puyaidon said:

As an American your spouting BS.

what you meant to say was,  i want a cheap Charlie breakfast and want the eggs perfect  my way !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to a half descent  hotel / Restaurant and you will get what you want. :coffee1:

Edited by stanleycoin

Strikes me that Ian McCully got what he asked for.   A healthy breakfast with which to start the day.   

Either speak proper English or, better still, learn Thai and be precise.   Or will he next time ask for the same only louder.  What a dork !

I've seen many far woores breakfasts, English and otherwise, than that both in Thailand and many other countries

38 minutes ago, puyaidon said:

In uk we say "sunny side up" which also doesn't exist in Thai cuisine.  The OP pic is how the Thais like it, heavily fried both sides.

25 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

In uk we say "sunny side up" which also doesn't exist in Thai cuisine.  The OP pic is how the Thais like it, heavily fried both sides.

so thais all eat their eggs well done both sides? that's just not true mate

so what's kai dow mai sub, for example if ordering kaprow or something. most thais* in fact most people i know prefer kaprow with a runny egg on the side

Edited by Happy enough
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

He went to a restaurant and asked for something that was most like not on the menu. Restaurant tried to provide what they though would match the request.

He didn't like the look of it and complains.

I would guess that if the restaurant had of replied with "cooked veggie breakfast, Mai Mee" he still would have complained.