Taxi drivers to be given English-speaking crash course

rooster59

Taxi drivers to be given English-speaking crash course

taxi.jpg

Taxi drivers at Suvarnabhumi international airport will be the first group of cabbies to be given a crash course in English conversation and basic writing free of charge.

The training courses would be provided by the Thailand Professional Qualification Institute under a cooperation agreement signed Friday (April 20) with the Skill Development Department and Airports of Thailand.

Suthi Sukoson, director-general of Skill Development Department, said after the agreement signing ceremony that taxi drivers at Suvarnabhumi international airport were the first group of people giving service to foreign tourists or travelers.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/taxi-drivers-given-english-speaking-crash-course/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-22

Out of all the attendees  

it would be wishful thinking that 40%

retain what they have learnt,

like myself, as I get older  I struggle to retain my Thai learning, 

its dam hard, but I have no culture about losing face when I stuff it up, 

that being said,

if the drivers can get over that fact and practise,

good on them for trying.

• Like 1

Taxi drivers to be given English-speaking crash course "

and I thought that a lot of Thai drivers are sufficiently capable to Crash without an English speaking Instructor.

• Haha 2

That is the biggest joke I read/hear in the last few years, the children in the school are able maybe to say good morning after years of English lessons, the Taxi drivers don't like to speak or understand the language. Save the money is better. 

Better to just give em' all an index card with English responses that they can "staple" to their dashboards :sleep:

(for those of you who think it's part of your computer display, I'm talking about that part of the car in front of the steering wheel) :saai:

Edited by Dap