PM in firm rebuttal of Abhisit’s ‘offering jobs in govt’ claim

webfact

PM in firm rebuttal of Abhisit’s ‘offering jobs in govt’ claim

By The Nation

e438c9cd18b6fa09dab4cb53148cb245.jpeg

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha on Tuesday rejected the allegation by former PM and Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva about offering jobs in the government to politicians in exchange for their support of a future bid by Prayut for the premiership.

However, he also showed sympathy towards those politicians and former MPs who he said did not have enough opportunity to express their opinions and were neglected by their party executives.

“There is the accusation that the National Council for Peace and Order [NCPO] or the government would go and force individuals, businessmen and the people [to bend to my will]. How do I get the power to do that?” Prayut said in response to remarks made by on Abhisit on Monday.

The development came after widespread speculation that the NCPO was trying to approach politicians from different parties with a view to their joining forces to support Prayut’s return as premier following the next general election.

Abhisit said that not only members of medium-sized parties, but also those in the Democrat Party had been offered jobs in the government in exchange for their support.

Last week, Palang Chon Party leader Sontaya Khunplome was appointed a political adviser to Prayut.

Political analysts viewed the appointment as a clear sign that Palang Chon – influential in the Eastern seaboard area – would be part of a network of allies backing Prayut in the election.

Moreover, a mobile Cabinet meeting next month will take place in Buri Ram province, a political stronghold of the Phum Jai Thai Party and its popular founder and politician, Newin Chidchob.

Political observers have speculated that Prayut will try to make a deal with Phum Jai Thai during the excursion.

However, the premier said on Tuesday after the weekly Cabinet meeting that he did not want anyone to say that he was “luring politicians to join his pro-junta party”.

There was no way the pro-military party could lure anyone unless their current affiliate parties had not done their job well, Prayut suggested.

“Did they take good care of their members? Did the MPs have the chance to express their thoughts or bring the people’s demands to the table?” he asked rhetorically. “Did they give importance to the members? They didn’t do that enough, did they?”

Prayut also said he understood that all politicians wanted to do good for the country. However, they could not do that because of their party’s policies, the party leader’s policies or their supporters, he added.

But in the NCPO, nobody has such a dominant role and everyone can work freely, he insisted.

“So, go back and have a look at how you work [in your party]. It’s not your business that members are being lured. Your business is to take good care of your members,” Prayut said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30343880

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-25

PM brushes aside criticisms on junta’s “sucking power”

By Thai PBS

prayut4.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Tuesday (April 24) shrugged off criticism from Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva that the junta is using “sucking power” to draw former MPs to their political clan.

“I don’t hear anything.  I am not a vacuum cleaner.  Let them criticize. I am not interested.  I just do my job,” said the prime minister when asked to comment on Mr Abhisit’s criticism.

Mr Abhisit said that he fully aware of the cabinet’s decision last week appointing two key members of the Phalangchon party, Sontaya and Ittipol Kunplome to be political advisors to the prime minister and the tourism and sports minister respectively.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-brushes-aside-criticisms-juntas-sucking-power/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-25

1 hour ago, webfact said:

“There is the accusation that the National Council for Peace and Order [NCPO] or the government would go and force individuals, businessmen and the people [to bend to my will]. How do I get the power to do that?” Prayut said in response to remarks made by on Abhisit on Monday.

"...How do I get the power to do that?..."

By launching a coup, using Article 44, cheating/abusing in the political system for your own benefit and helping yourself to the Treasury?

I guess it wasn't a difficult question after all...

Abhisit said that not only members of medium-sized parties, but also those in the Democrat Party had been offered jobs in the government in exchange for their support.

likely true, not far off the 'old political model'

2 hours ago, webfact said:

“luring politicians to join his pro-junta party”.

There was no way the pro-military party could lure anyone

So is this the 1st admission that he is actually setting up a military party ???

Funny how things just slip out.. It's like being drip fed cow waste continually !!

“There is the accusation that the National Council for Peace and Order [NCPO] or the government would go and force individuals, businessmen and the people [to bend to my will]. How do I get the power to do that?” 

This guy is beyond belief?! How did he get the power to coerce people into doing what he wants? BY THREATENING THE ENTIRE NATION WITH AN ENTIRE ARMY!!

And notice how he always throws out these silly questions, which - as Samui Boboh has said, above - are actually not at all difficult to answer. We could create a nice little set of rhetorical questions for him, which might run something like this?

'What do you want of me? Do you think I am here by force? Do you think I WANT all this power and problems? Do you think I am some kind of tyrant? I can do nothing. I only follow the law. I only do what the Thai people expect of me. I only do my Thai duty. What more can you ask of me? Do you think I am some kind of d........!

Yes: easy to answer his questions!

“I don’t hear anything.  I am not a vacuum cleaner.  Let them criticize. I am not interested.

well it Is True he has his head in the sand; most of us operate under the premise that more knowledge is better than less, not him

“There is the accusation that the National Council for Peace and Order [NCPO] or the government would go and force individuals, businessmen and the people [to bend to my will]. How do I get the power to do that?”

Erm........righto, powerless now is it?

The man really has to stop with ending all his statements with defensive rhetoric.

He would not last 1 minute in a political debate.....but that will never happen.

“Did they take good care of their members? Did the MPs have the chance to express their thoughts or bring the people’s demands to the table?” he asked rhetorically. “Did they give importance to the members? They didn’t do that enough, did they?”

Jeez theres no end to it, how can individuals do such things with a ban on polotical activities all the while?

Meanwhile he's been on the campaign for 4 years trying to get a head start and popularity couldn't be lower.

For someone who can't take criticism, he sure knows how to dish it out.

The reds and yellows need to start targeting these so called smaller junta parties and engage in debate.  They probably have as much ability to argue as he does.  A light needs to shined on his supports.  They need to be taken to task.  All they have to say is "there is peace". 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut also said he understood that all politicians wanted to do good for the country. However, they could not do that because of their party’s policies, the party leader’s policies or their supporters, he added.

Translation : They don't agree with mine

'Did the MPs have the chance to express their thoughts?' asks Prayuth, with his usual inane rhetoric.

And it is inane. Politicians express their political thoughts here in junta-run Thailand? That has been banned - by Prayut. No one is allowed to say anything (except him - which he does, endlessly); no one is even allowed to gather in Starbucks in a group of five and chat about politics. And this 'leader' asks whether MPs have expressed their political ideas?!

Another poster (on another thread) mooted the possibility that Prayut is in the grip of dementia. That is too kind to him. I would say he is in the grip of total delusionality and  addiction to pathological lying!

9 minutes ago, Eligius said:

'Did the MPs have the chance to express their thoughts?' asks Prayuth, with his usual inane rhetoric.

And it is inane. Politicians express their political thoughts here in junta-run Thailand? That has been banned - by Prayut. No one is allowed to say anything (except him - which he does, endlessly); no one is even allowed to gather in Starbucks in a group of five and chat about politics. And this 'leader' asks whether MPs have expressed their political ideas?!

Another poster (on another thread) mooted the possibility that Prayut is in the grip of dementia. That is too kind to him. I would say he is in the grip of total delusionality and  addiction to pathological lying!

I am reminded of The Great Terror, when people would appeal to Stalin for their loved ones. "But what can I do", Stalin would say. "They are even arresting my family as well". Poor, hapless men...

On 4/25/2018 at 4:22 AM, webfact said:

But in the NCPO, nobody has such a dominant role and everyone can work freely, he insisted.

I picture Prayut, with that stupid smirk on his face and sporting his custom-designed salmon-pink and lilac blouse, smugly saying,

"Yes, the NCPO's just like your typical 'Sports & Social Club'. Everyone's welcome to do, think and speak as they wish. What do you think NCPO really stands for? . . . It stands for No-one Controls Personal Output and not a lot of people know that. I thought of it in the bath, last night, whilst playing battleships.

Now then, are you going to join our <deleted> club or not?"

3 hours ago, Eligius said:

This guy is beyond belief?! How did he get the power to coerce people into doing what he wants? BY THREATENING THE ENTIRE NATION WITH AN ENTIRE ARMY!!

And notice how he always throws out these silly questions, which - as Samui Boboh has said, above - are actually not at all difficult to answer. We could create a nice little set of rhetorical questions for him, which might run something like this?

'What do you want of me? Do you think I am here by force? Do you think I WANT all this power and problems? Do you think I am some kind of tyrant? I can do nothing. I only follow the law. I only do what the Thai people expect of me. I only do my Thai duty. What more can you ask of me? Do you think I am some kind of d........!

Yes: easy to answer his questions!

You forgot I only follow orders. :wai:

5 hours ago, webfact said:

There was no way the pro-military party could lure anyone unless their current affiliate parties had not done their job well

So Prayut admits there is a way.

No doubt he'll use his position as Chief of the NCPO and Head of Government to make sure the public hears about allegations of poor party performances while political parties cannot currently defend themselves.

Ummmm..... by offering jobs within Gov as per the headline's claim :ermm:  

14 hours ago, webfact said:

There is the accusation that the National Council for Peace and Order [NCPO] or the government would go and force individuals, businessmen and the people [to bend to my will]. How do I get the power to do that?” Prayut said

Is he kidding? How does he get the power to do a lot of the things he does that are not traditionally part of the PM's responsibility. The "Bully Pulpit" comes to mind. Pray can't seriously think that people have not noticed that he is carefully placing supporters in position to guarantee he wins an election that will not happen until he has them all in place.

Archived