Junta returning Pattaya sea views to the people!

webfact

Junta returning Pattaya sea views to the people!

33.jpg

File photo

D-Day is May Day in Pattaya Bay for boat operators.

Operators have been told that from May 1st all passengers must be picked up and deposited at Bali Hai port.

MThai.com reported that a meeting held at City Hall on Tuesday decided that from next week boat operators would no longer be allowed to pick up passengers and deliver them to and from the beach area.

This has been allowed while improvements have been made to the Bali Hai area but this is now finished.

The change should mean a clearer view of the sea uncluttered by boats in line with wishes of the ruling military government in Thailand.

For some time now one of the slogans of the regime has been "Returning Happiness to the People" - now this includes the view.

Source: https://news.mthai.com/general-news/636367.html

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-26

Fine, that will make the crowds at Bali Hai even more terrible.

So far beach rd. serves as  a buffer for the Chinese tour buses dropping off passengers.

I often watched this in the morning around Soi 11 (Mike).

Now they all have to go to the bottleneck.

Have fun.

Also I don't read that they will forbid the mooring of boats after days end.

The bay is scattered with speedboats.

If they forbid that also then the problem circle closes.

Where to go with the stuff after they were expelled from the area behind Bali Hai?

3 hours ago, johng said:

Huge swathe of wasted space.  what happened to the "Public Park"

5ae14ff3ed1f0_P_20180408_101517(Large).jpg.7d6c7d156522e75ed8e0f5c06135168b.jpg

Another project that seemingly serves no purpose. I drive there occassionally to see what is going on. Not much aside from the illegally parked buses and maze of concrete barriers. 

2 minutes ago, Tony M said:

We already have them starting to pick up coach and mini-van passengers from Jomtien Beach.  I guess this means that we will have more ! Jomtien is becoming a real s**t hole with tractors, etc bringing speedboats and jet skis along Beach Road, the coaches and vans arriving with Chinese and Russian passengers for speedboats to Koh Larn, more pollution and more noise.  City Hall can say they are improving Pattaya, but at what cost to Jomtien ?  

Rats migrate when the food source disappears. Unfortunately Jomtien looks like a buffet at times. Very sad indeed.

Good. Now reclaim the sidewalks and streets from the businesses that have encroached on both. Check out Soi 9 and 2nd Road. The restaurant there has pushed its business to the point where the sidewalk is well...almost wide enough for one person to squeeze between a utility pole and a supporting column.

Screenshot_20180426-145414.png

Edited by Benmart
Add photo

56 minutes ago, Tony M said:

We already have them starting to pick up coach and mini-van passengers from Jomtien Beach.  I guess this means that we will have more ! Jomtien is becoming a real s**t hole with tractors, etc bringing speedboats and jet skis along Beach Road, the coaches and vans arriving with Chinese and Russian passengers for speedboats to Koh Larn, more pollution and more noise.  City Hall can say they are improving Pattaya, but at what cost to Jomtien ?  

I first went to jomtien 30 years and it was really quite something although the sea was full of crap at low tide. Last time I went was six years ago and I couldn't even find it - I did eventually but it was unrecognisable.Jomtien was <deleted> years and years ago and whatever happens it will never be as it was ( a lovely stretch of beach with very few buildings, mainly huts that went all the way to Pattaya!)

Edited by leggo
Hadn't finished!

the volume of budget tour groups using the beach any given morning for the free parasail is staggering,the amount of thais ,herding,touting and selling on the walkway on beach rd is equally insane,added to this the volume of disgusting smoke belching coaches makes morning runs on the beach pathway a dreadfull experience...I say end the free parasail , and substitute it with something they all want, one ''free seafood buffet''..........please give us back what is left of our beach...

Edited by mok199
speliings

6 hours ago, johng said:

notice how they missed the elephant in the corner.

5ae14df24ccfc_waterfrontfromviewpoint.thumb.jpg.7c9d2d84b3c1de3e7f929b0be4e5ec55.jpg

Also they cleared all the boat operators off the strip of land running under this view point

stating that it was public land...and now what is there ?   coach/car park not free parking either

5ae14eee89c21_P_20180408_101425(Large).jpg.5e7a12e95c7c360182eba762f59b76b5.jpg

5ae14ef987927_P_20180408_101239(Large).jpg.bea003309abe8e79b7580001058ea49b.jpg

They may have given views as they claim but one thing is for sure, they have stolen the lovely beachfront promenade sidewalk by allowing hundreds of motorbikes to be parked on it and at one point along that promenade there is not even enough room for pedestrians to even walk through the gap. So you actually have to go out back out onto the road:blink:

2 hours ago, leggo said:

I first went to jomtien 30 years and it was really quite something although the sea was full of crap at low tide. Last time I went was six years ago and I couldn't even find it - I did eventually but it was unrecognisable.Jomtien was <deleted> years and years ago and whatever happens it will never be as it was ( a lovely stretch of beach with very few buildings, mainly huts that went all the way to Pattaya!)

50 years ago is was even better.......

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

Again and again your guy's complaining or make  jokes  every time when junta make so improvement 

This is a good idea and step by step they make Thailand better but meaby not for some people there only want sit on beach road looking for sex ladies or sit in a beerbar and fell "love" 

Accept it because in future there are nothing to for this kind of tourists 

P. S I know I am not popular in here 

But what I care 

• Like 1

I will believe it when I see it. The junta can deliver nothing. They promised regulated M/C taxis, bahtbuses picking up and dropping off at special stopping points, metered taxis, removal of rental bikes hogging all the parking, etc etc. The view of the sea is blocked by a stationary line of huge coaches anyhow. And how about the parasail boats picking up and dropping off near the Dusit, which make sleeping there dificult in the mornings.

As to blocking the sea view, is the waterfront building down yet?

Edited by jacko45k

17 hours ago, Tony M said:

I live on Soi 13 Jomtien Beach Road. There are certain time of the day you take your life in your hands if you travel this area with the uncaring tractors dragging boats around, hardly looking either way with their entitled attitude of "This is MY road!"

18 minutes ago, quandow said:

I live on Soi 13 Jomtien Beach Road. There are certain time of the day you take your life in your hands if you travel this area with the uncaring tractors dragging boats around, hardly looking either way with their entitled attitude of "This is MY road!"

I think as time goes on you will see more and more unwanted Pattaya annoyances,  shuffled to Jomtien.

Tourists come here for Pattaya not Jomtien.  The entertainment, restaurants, malls, WS, hotels, etc. 

Yes, there is a large contingent of residents but it appears making them happy is and will not be a priority.