Khon Kaen police probe motorcyclist’s death linked to dangling cable

webfact

Police probe motorcyclist’s death linked to dangling cable

By Thai PBS

wire2.jpg

Khon Kaen’s Muang district police are coordinating with the provincial electricity authority to find out who is to be held accountable for a dangling telecom cable which led to the death of a female motorcyclist on Wednesday (April 25).

The victim, Maneenet Charoen-ngao was riding her motorbike toward the Kaen Nakhon park and, out of a sudden, she struck a dangling cable apparently not seeing it and fell to her death on the road.

Pol Cpt Singha Hong-on, the deputy inquiry inspector of Muang district police who is in charge of the case, on Thursday inspected the scene of the accident in front of Kaen Nakhon Wittayalai School and collected the cable for closer examination.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-probe-motorcyclists-death-linked-dangling-cable/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-27

17 minutes ago, webfact said:

"and collected the cable for closer examination."

The police are looking into the matter after only two days.

Being cynical, I assume that's only because it's been publicised in the news and on social media.

I'd guess the only reason the police collected the cable is in order to find who to blame.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Surely the lecky company should put the cables above the height of any vehicle , can't have cables with a height restriction boards on.

True.

The reality of it is when a tall vehicle drives down a smaller soi (for access), there's usually a guy with a bamboo pole to push the lower cables upwards, allowing the vehicle to get through.

2 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Surely the lecky company should put the cables above the height of any vehicle , can't have cables with a height restriction boards on.

Ok, and can you tell me what the heigt limit is on a pick up in Thailand loaded with all trash they could find and held together with a net?
Please help me out here, you wise one. :smile:

3 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Try getting all the dangling cables put out of the way. 

But only after replacement buried underground otherwise I sit in the dark.

"My" cable runs along trees and bamboo poles up to the main road where it is wired a bit more properly.

It would cost so many billions which would be missing for some nice new toys for the boys.