Trump to visit Britain, hold talks with UK's May July 13

webfact

Trump to visit Britain, hold talks with UK's May July 13

2018-04-26T164614Z_1_LYNXMPEE3P1RG_RTROPTP_4_USA-FRANCE.JPG

U.S. President Donald Trump speaks during a tree planting ceremony with French President Emmanuel Macron on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, U.S., April 23, 2018.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump will travel to Britain in July for a working visit with Prime Minister Theresa May, after months of back-and-forth over when the U.S. president would visit what traditionally has been the United States' closest ally.

Representatives for the White House and 10 Downing Street said Trump would visit the United Kingdom on July 13 and hold bilateral talks with May but gave no other details.

It was also not immediately clear how long Trump would stay on his visit, which would come more than a year after taking office.

The delay has raised questions about the U.S.-UK relationship, and the working visit signals a more low-key affair than an official state visit.

Trump had planned a trip to London to open a new U.S. embassy there but canceled in January.

Many Britons have vowed to stage protests if Trump visits.

(Reporting by Roberta Rampton in Washington and Paul Sandle in London; writing by Susan Heavey; editing by Jonathan Oatis)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-04-27

We don't want to import American chicken shit and hormone stuffed beef anyway. So we can let loose with some excellent humour which he won't get anyway. The Duke of Edinburgh doesn't take prisoners but he might try it on with Mrs Trump!

Fancy choosing Friday 13! What a gift!

Maybe he won't have the testicular fortitude to come to London?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Grouse said:

We don't want to import American chicken shit and hormone stuffed beef anyway. So we can let loose with some excellent humour which he won't get anyway. The Duke of Edinburgh doesn't take prisoners but he might try it on with Mrs Trump!

Fancy choosing Friday 13! What a gift!

Maybe he won't have the testicular fortitude to come to London?

He'll almost certainly mention the, errr, 'Barnet' formula! :smile:

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

London - An open and diverse city of non integrating cultures rolling over to hide dirty cash.

I always say to people wanting to visit the U.K....the only part of London you need to see is Heathrow or Gatwick.  They lot are on their own in that sh##t hole....it’s not representative in the majority of Englands views in anyway.

Edited by goldenbrwn1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

I was hoping to catch a live one but you will do.

London - An open and diverse city of non integrating cultures rolling over to hide dirty cash.

That's actually a game over but I am sure you will scrape the pot.

1 minute ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I always say to people wanting to visit the U.K....the only part of London you need to see is Heathrow or Gatwick.  They lot are on their own in that sh##t hole.  

Envious much?

"The capital generates 22% of UK GDP despite accounting for only 12.5% of the UK population. "

"Inner London's GDP per head was 328% of the European Union average in 2010, compared with 70% in west Wales - the biggest gap in any EU state, said the European Commission's statistics agency Eurostat."

"In 2013 it was estimated that in property terms London's top 10 boroughs were worth more than all of Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales combined."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-248d9ac7-9784-4769-936a-8d3b435857a8

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

Envious much?

Envious ?. I’m quite happy for the GDP contribution.  The parts that are contributing to that GDP is not the parts of London that is now unrecognisable to the rest of England.  Bristol on the other hand a great place to visit..?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

It’s only a stop over en route to Paris for bastille day on the 14th. Macron has played his cards perfectly...whilst the U.K. government  pandering to far left and pc politics (mainly in London) have forgot that Trump with all his faults is the president of the U.S.A and it’s not just him they are disrespecting, (which I get) but the democratic vote of the people and the office he represents. Presidents come and go and France have obviously realised this.

Well I will look forward to welcoming Trump.  I have cleared the diary (didn't take much doing (:smile:) for the 13th and Trump will have my undivided attention.  Not sure yet what to write on my placard but there is plenty of choice.  Why would I demonstrate against Trump?  Because he is a disgrace to the USA and  I do it for my American friends apart from anything else. 

I am sure they will carefully orchestrate the trip and avoid him meeting the real British public.  I suspect they will not let him read any media reports or watch any TV while he is here unless it is heavily censored.  But that is fine and only to be expected.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I always say to people wanting to visit the U.K....the only part of London you need to see is Heathrow or Gatwick.  They lot are on their own in that sh##t hole.  

Well you are very welcome to steer clear of London.  I am sure your presence wouldn't be missed, or even noticed.

6 minutes ago, jonstarjon said:

The people who she represents (the electorate) are totally opposed to this meeting or Trumps arrival in the UK for any purpose.

Really.?  Any links to this proof or information?  Maybe London yes but the whole of the U.K.??  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Well you are very welcome to steer clear of London.  I am sure your presence wouldn't be missed, or even noticed.

I’ll be there with my welcome Trump placard. Maybe our paths will cross ⚔️ ? 

Edited by goldenbrwn1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I’ll be there with my opposing placard. Maybe our paths will cross ⚔️ ? 

Actually my post was mean spirited and I apologise for that.  If you prefer Bristol though, I am sure there will be plenty of opposition there too.  Seems to be quite a few demonstrations planned throughout the country so no need to travel to London to find one if you don't want to.  Anyway, maybe we will be facing each other in London.  You can't miss me, I will be one of the 40,000 (that's the commitment so far) in the anti-Trump camp.

Doubt the demonstrations will have much of an effect,  Last time I went on one was to try to stop the invasion of Iraq and that had no effect even though a million people were involved.  Before that it was Grosvenor Square and the anti Vietnam demo.... But I am showing my age now so better to leave it there!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Actually my post was mean spirited and I apologise for that.  If you prefer Bristol though, I am sure there will be plenty of opposition there too.  Seems to be quite a few demonstrations planned throughout the country so no need to travel to London to find one if you don't want to.  Anyway, maybe we will be facing each other in London.  You can't miss me, I will be one of the 40,000 (that's the commitment so far) in the anti-Trump camp.

Doubt the demonstrations will have much of an effect,  Last time I went on one was to try to stop the invasion of Iraq and that had no effect even though a million people were involved.  Before that it was Grosvenor Square and the anti Vietnam demo.... But I am showing my age now so better to leave it there!

A lot less mean-spirited than his about London. A lot.

• Like 1