Getting a good deal

Was thinking of getting a house or a condo in Pattaya area.  I have some cash I can use.  But, one thing about me is, I do not care so much about the price as I do about getting a good deal.

Any suggestions on how to get a good deal in Thailand?

PS:  I have lived here 22 years and have 3 children who are dual nationals (so they can own land).

• Like 1

I have not been buying and selling a lot of real estate.  I bought 2 houses after the crash in 1998.  My ex wife has them now.

I bought a condo 3 years ago in BKK.  Not a great deal but it was not really an investment.  I needed a permanent place to live.

So others (hopefully) have some suggestions.

I dont think that there are many good deals to be had here. Most property here is wildly overpriced and even the best deal is only likely to bring the price down to near what it should be.

Maybe if you come across someone who is desperate to leave, or desperate to sell, or is simply dead, then you may find a bargain.

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2018 at 2:25 PM, baansgr said:

Whats it for, rental, holiday home, main residence, flipping.

For the short term, a holiday home.  For the medium term, a main residence, and for long-term a possible rental.

Maybe you should give a budget span, w and the living and land surface you expect. It would make the question clearer.

If you don't care for the price, you can get really good deals for around US$ 1million with a James Bond style pool property, direct beachfront,  in the Hua Hin area.

Edited by observer90210

49 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Maybe you should give a budget span, w and the living and land surface you expect. It would make the question clearer.

If you don't care for the price, you can get really good deals for around US$ 1million with a James Bond style pool property, direct beachfront,  in the Hua Hin area.

I suppose my limit is 10,000,000 baht

3 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Hua Hin is far from James Bond style location

More like Robert De Niro's drunk uncle :partytime2:

12 hours ago, NutsMango said:

Hua Hin is far from James Bond style location

More like Robert De Niro's drunk uncle :partytime2:

Hard to say but the high prices in HH keep the jerks away......and I was refering to the architectural style of the property when refering to 007...........not for the background location of JB Island at Phang Na for sure that is a protected site and where even a drunk de Niro would not be able to purchase property........:cheesy:

Edited by observer90210