Cannot Access Thaivisa .....?

ThaiLife

My friend has now been trying to access Thaivisa web site for several days, but all he gets

Is this page cannot be displayed, he can access all other web sites he tries, its just Thaivisa

He cannot get, in the past he had no problems at all, he tried every thing that we can think of,

Like checking his fire wall ( Zone Alarm ) settings , deleted cookies, temporary files, browser history

And checked his internet security settings Etc… I know s he uses the TOT 2 hour free internet connection , but he can access every thing else using this facility , he’s using Windows XP and IE6

But still Thaivisa will not open….? Has any forum members got any more ideas as to why he can’t

Access Thaivisa..? And what to try next …. ?

TL

Click on Start > Run and enter cmd to bring up a command window.

Type "ping www.thaivisa.com" (without the quotes) and see if it gets a successful Reply.

If not, enter "tracert www.thaivisa.com" and see what IP it stops at and reply here with the results.

Firefox and Epiphany have this problem in their default settings. To fix it type: about:config in your browser address bar (firefox/netscape/epiphany only) and look for this line:

network.http.keep-alive.timeout

right-click on that line and choose modify

enter the new value as 300

That should deal with slow connections and network timeouts.

I had the same problem 1 1/2 week ago.

The only page I wasn't able to open was Thaivisa.com and a "tracert thaivisa.com" was showing on the first receiving server at asianet (TRUE) was a "block"!

I was thinking that TRUE may be was blocking my access to thaivisa because of my post about the delivered Trojan from TRUE.

After 11 hours of callings to the TRUE service I was getting someone from the service on the phone and told them to check my connection or whatever but get the site of thaivisa back to work.

In the time between I was checking with an other account from my computer to connect and can not! A few houses away I was able to connect with 3 different accounts, incl. my own one! So I realy was thinking it was a "block" on my phone line to connect to a special site, here: thaivisa.com. Nothing was possible: no ping to name, no ping to IP and no tracert to name or IP.

While I was talking to the service guy, I also was telling him that I will go the next morning to TRUE if the connect isn't possible until than! 45 min. later it was working but within this 45 min they was trying to open my router. Before they want that I change the username and p[asword on my router and disable the firewall but I told them that I wont do this under any circumstances!

There was been several atemps for to get the original CD with the Trojan from me, incl. someone from the users of Thaivisa!

In my case it was TRUE who canceled my connect to thaivisa!

thanks for the replys .... tywais my frined has just done your advice.... and he got back the answer

tracert...... destination net unreachable

pinging thaivisa.com has the reply destination net unreachable.

have passed on to him your comments reimar ...thanks

any more ideas please.... ?

TL