Thailand 4.0: Government offices to stop using Thai ID/House registration copies from August

webfact

Thailand 4.0: Government offices to stop using Thai ID/House registration copies from August

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Moves to bring Thailand into the digital era mean changes for people visiting all government offices from August.

Copies of documents such as Thai ID (bat prachachon) and house registration (tabien baan) will no longer be used.

A verification app will be used instead.

A swathe of measures were decided upon yesterday as prime minister Prayut Chan-ocha met with officials promoting "Digital Government" as part of Thailand 4.0 plans.

Copies of other juristic documents will cease to used from October.

In January of next year a scheme called "Citizen Feedback" will be introduced that will give the public a chance to tell the government sector how it is getting on.

Practices in terms of doing business with the Land Department, Customs Department and various licensing matters are also being changed.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-01

" that will give the public a chance to tell the government sector how it is getting on."

will they really want to know,and it would not make any difference.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

I hope Immigration is paying attention.

And banks. I've been to the local bank three times in one week and each time they asked me for a copy of my passport. Now when they ask me to sign the copy I do so then turn the copy over and scribble all over the blank side. If it's not blank on the other side I refuse to sign it and put it in my pocket and ask them to do it on a blank sheet. Their paper, my protest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mister Fixit said:

I can see that being yet another recipe for disaster!  

It might work. If I remember right the software used by Thailand is from the US. Unless a somchai has already "fixed" it.

2 hours ago, inThailand said:

To do this properly takes years of planning, development, testing and rollout. Not a chance! 

As becoming an 'engineer' or other :"expert" only takes weeks in Thailand rather than years, I'm sure that they will be able to pull it off. - Until they wake up in the morning...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1