Pattaya: Tourist boat operators continue to use beachfront despite order

webfact

Tourist boat operators continue to use beachfront despite order

By The Nation

9e20051dca7d5892e1b9f1e1e0d31d24.jpeg

Many boats have continued to use the beachfront area to pick up and drop off tourists despite being ordered to resume using Chon Buri's Southern Pattaya Pier (Laem Balihai) from Tuesday.

Boat owners had been using the beach temporarily during the restoration of the pier. They claimed they could not switch back to using the pier as they were not given enough notice and maintain the pier isn't yet ready to cater to tourists.

a40457199c9aafdc551c774492dd1860.jpeg

The National Council for Peace and Order, Pattaya City and the committee for Southern Pattaya Pier Regulating had ordered tour buses and boats to resume using the pier to pick-up and drop off some 20,000 tourists per day for water activities and the journey to Koh Lan. 

During the pier restoration work, which began in November, business operators were temporarily allowed to use the beachfront area. 

As the order to resume using the pier came into effect on Tuesday morning, about 50 soldiers and police were at the pier area to assist tour buses and boats.

However, few operators used the pier while most continued to use the beachfront area, particularly the 300-metre area near the Hard Rock Twin Palms Hotel, where some 50 tour boats were anchored and buses dropped off tourists to get onto the boats.

034a4127e1f8f51ba3a51760a0cfa473.jpeg

NPE Tour executive Natthapong Manasom, 55, said the operators did not want to violate the order but they were not given enough notice to change their schedules. 

He said the Pattaya Marine Department branch office only gave them one day's notice. 

413cb2eee3d02646eba7199aa3e9cc42.jpeg

Many operators said they could not adjust their schedule as tour packages had been sold months ago so they had to stick with their old timetable which meant using the beachfront area. 

He said that once the pier is ready for use, the operators would be willing to move back.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30344362

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-05-01

Where there is a buck to be made, they will make it and of course grease the palms of those who are there to keep them away from the beachfront, this is the sweet for all Thai's, take care me brother/sister, I take care you, who care about the environment and disruption it makes to those wanting to use the beach front, this is Thailand, anything goes, especially when there is money to be made !

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Send the army in and seize a few boats. The rest will scatter like rats

The army are conscripted Thais. Their job is to guard the borders against foreign invaders not persecute hard working Thais. Take the guns off the unelected bullies and see who scatters.

Edited by The manic
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I was optimistic and very disappointed today...a disgusting display of entitlement and lawlessness...but I will give them the benefit of the doubt,as tomorrow comes

7 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

It is easy to fix put army on beach confiscate their boat so the rest of them quickly start use the new place 

So beach tourists can get the beach back 

They are scared of them, as they are the baht bus drivers who never comply with any regulations.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe I read an article about a week 10 days ago about the boats having to return to Bali Hai pier. The trouble with Thais they have such short memories

37 minutes ago, a977 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe I read an article about a week 10 days ago about the boats having to return to Bali Hai pier. The trouble with Thais they have such short memories

Me too, on here. Maybe the boat owners don't read Thai Visa. ?

• Like 1

wed morning may 2 nd..the buses and the boats and Chinese arrive on beach rd for their parasial..defiant and hunkered in.....I have more luck getting my 4yr old to p/u his toys before bedtime...Children

D-Day passes for using refurbished Pattaya port - but some still haven't got the message

31689233_1989038164747806_8362150748053569536_n.jpg

Pictures (3): Pattaya News

Yesterday - May 1st - was D-Day in Pattaya when boat operators were all meant to have returned to Bali Hai port after its refurbishment.

Full story:  https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1036319-d-day-passes-for-using-refurbished-pattaya-port-but-some-still-havent-got-the-message/