where to sign marriage papers near sukhumvit

retoohs

I've been to the NZ embassy and acquired all the appropriate paperwork and had it officially translated now where near sukhumvit do my wife and I take them to get signed and registered? Do I need to take anything more than the paperwork, passport, passport sized photo and wifes passport and photo?

cheers

Alan

You need to go to a district (ampoe) office. I am not sure if  you can go to any office or have to go to the office where she is officially registered as living when in Thailand. You find her address  in the blue tabien baan book.

I believe you will need to get your paperwork from the Nz embassy translated, then stamped at the MFA..

After that you can go to your local Amphur and get married officially. Takes about 30mins and cost us 25 baht :) The cheapest part of marriage...

9 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I believe you will need to get your paperwork from the Nz embassy translated, then stamped at the MFA..

After that you can go to your local Amphur and get married officially. Takes about 30mins and cost us 25 baht :) The cheapest part of marriage...

great thanks, that's just what I wanted.

8 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

if you do not have anyone with you to witness the signatures at the Amphur they will get one of the staff member to witness them for a financial donation (I paid 500 baht from memory), if you want pics done it is extra.

8 minutes ago, retoohs said:

great thanks, that's just what I wanted.

The translation service place went and got them stamped at the MFA, it was part of their service, at a cost of course.

3 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

The Australian Embassy told me that the documents need to be authorized by the Thai Department of Consular Affairs. Do not know if this is the same as the MFA quoted above.

Yes its the same....the official name is The Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (MFA)

HL

I used the amphoe office in Prakanong; easy to get to:

Take the BTS to On-Nut.  Walk down Sukhumvit road, away from Bangkok, about 300m.  The amphoe office is on the right.  Better to take 2 witnesses, as sometimes the staff are too busy.

Have a good one.

Archived