What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Documentary - Path of Blood

Thought this was riveting/frightening.

Summary:  Using a treasure trove of Al Qaeda home-movie footage captured by the security services, this haunting documentary
film shows how brainwashed idealism and the youthful pursuit of adventure can descend into madness and carnage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Morning Sanuk711. There's a lot of good stuff on this magnetdl site. BUT no matter what I click on, nothing is downloading. What's your secret?

Apologize, got it going. I had to enable, DHT and peer exchange etc which some private trackers do not like for some reason.

6 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Morning Sanuk711. There's a lot of good stuff on this magnetdl site. BUT no matter what I click on, nothing is downloading. What's your secret?

Click on the Magnet link.

35 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Click on the Magnet link.

I did that. It showed up on utorrent okay but wouldn't start. I had to enable DHT. peer exchange and local peer discovery to get it to start and finish.

Not at all impressed with Westworld season 2.  Season 1 was pretty good but season 2 just draaaaaaaaaaaags on and on IMO. The endless flashbacks coupled with the dreary and overly long 'deep and meaningful' monologues trotted out by the lead characters at every opportunity (and way too often) just make this a season I wish I hadn't bothered with.

It was bad enough after the first couple of episodes but I persevered with it hoping it would improve, it didn't. Each episode could easily have been 30 minutes shorter (and would still likely be too long and boring). Episode 8 was by far the most boring, I dread a new character being introduced, you just know your'e gonna get 1-2 hours devoted to their back-story at some stage! It's as if this season moved away from the rather interesting general story / park theme of season one that was heading somewhere.  Having arrived there season 2 is more devoted to probing at greaaaaaaaat length and in minute (and boring as hell) detail of what's in the 'mind' of these robots, taking an hour per character. Won't be venturing into season 3 that's for sure; a season to be endured rather than enjoyed IMO.  I can do deep and meaningful, just not dreary and dull [emoji20]

It’s now a daytime soap! As often is the case a series is successful and it’s all about writing more because the TV network want more. It then becomes poor quality and boring nonsense !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

It’s now a daytime soap! As often is the case a series is successful and it’s all about writing more because the TV network want more. It then becomes poor quality and boring nonsense !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
Dead right.i still cannot understand why the army did not go in on day 1 and kill all the robots. Lol

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SooKee said:

Not at all impressed with Westworld season 2.  Season 1 was pretty good but season 2 just draaaaaaaaaaaags on and on IMO. The endless flashbacks coupled with the dreary and overly long 'deep and meaningful' monologues trotted out by the lead characters at every opportunity (and way too often) just make this a season I wish I hadn't bothered with.

It was bad enough after the first couple of episodes but I persevered with it hoping it would improve, it didn't. Each episode could easily have been 30 minutes shorter (and would still likely be too long and boring). Episode 8 was by far the most boring, I dread a new character being introduced, you just know your'e gonna get 1-2 hours devoted to their back-story at some stage! It's as if this season moved away from the rather interesting general story / park theme of season one that was heading somewhere.  Having arrived there season 2 is more devoted to probing at greaaaaaaaat length and in minute (and boring as hell) detail of what's in the 'mind' of these robots, taking an hour per character. Won't be venturing into season 3 that's for sure; a season to be endured rather than enjoyed IMO.  I can do deep and meaningful, just not dreary and dull ?

At times it was very complex, with some people both being humans and robots in different timelines, but played by the same actor. Also the black rider was played by 2 different actors, but it also made sense and added nicely to the story line.

For me it helped reading this: http://collider.com/westworld-timeline-explained/#2017

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

At times it was very complex, with some people both being humans and robots in different timelines, but played by the same actor. Also the black rider was played by 2 different actors, but it also made sense and added nicely to the story line.

For me it helped reading this: http://collider.com/westworld-timeline-explained/#2017

Oh I got the story, just didn't like or enjoy it ☹️

Edited by SooKee

On 7/20/2018 at 2:33 PM, faraday said:

A Prayer Before Dawn.

English boxer in Thai jail.

Haven't seen it yet though - might be ok.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt4080956/

A Liverpool boxer, whose autobiographical novel about his time in Thai prisons has been made into a major film, is to miss its premiere - because he was jailed again today.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/man-whose-book-life-thai-14330825

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

True Detective season one. Some of the best TV in the past 20 years. Writing and acting was astounding

It was great---but I thought season 2 out done it......season 3 not till 2019......so long between series.

On 7/10/2018 at 2:34 AM, Ulysses G. said:

I could be fairly satisfied just watching Netflix for $8.00 US a month. However, with streaming on free sites as well, I can't keep up.

I hear the content in Thailand is still very limited/ Is that the case? Anyone have it and have any comments on the content? Still at only 12% of American content?

On 6/29/2018 at 2:01 PM, bkk6060 said:

Sicario 2.

I loved the first one.  Benicio I think is always good.

This one was just ok.  Pretty much all the action you can see in the trailer.

I was a little disappointed, but still worth a watch I think.

The ending ruined the film for me. Sucked all the wind out of it. A 13 year old could have written a better ending. Also, the direction was marginal at best. A pale shadow of the original. Would not recommend it.

1 hour ago, Jai Dee said:

An off-topic post about Liverpudlians has been removed from this thread.

Yes I know it's the Pub Forum and we're usually a bit more relaxed in here, however the post was reported... and the reporter was correct, it was off-topic... so it's now gone.

/Edit - it was funny though...:whistling:

I like it ,the funny bit that is .☺️ to many on here are to quick to report anything