What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

The Blacklist will hook ya. Spader is awesome in the role and the stories are well written. If you're watching on AXN its a week behind the US, so watch out for spoilers

I use Torrents for everything, I have 2 invites for torrentday.com if anyone needs one, very fast, will max out your connection easy

Is there any advantage to torrentday over any of the others?

American Horror Story does not ring my bell. It is nasty rather than scary and leaves me feeling disturbed, rather than frightened. However, I have heard reports that the new season is more like traditional horror and not so discomfiting.

I think it's CAMPY and you're taking the word horror a bit too LITERALLY.

"American Horror Story" goes to camp this year, and no one will get a peaceful night's sleep - not just because of all the bloodcurdling screams, but because of a good bit of laughter as well.

http://www.sfgate.com/tv/article/American-Horror-Story-Coven-review-a-bit-camp-4879433.php

Edited by Jingthing

Anyone watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead? Wasn't expecting that rehabilitation of The Governor

"Rehabilitation"? I would not count on that. The Governor could always play nice when he wanted to.

I caught the latest episode. The GF and I are big fans of the show in general. This season has been good, as well as last season. Plenty of surprises and some good twists.

Having the governor make a return brings back a chance for some different story lines. Maybe some more ruthlessness of the type that might pervade a futuristic zombie apocalypse survivors world. w00t.gif

My feeling is the plot line has to see main group at the prison leaving sometime soon...

When I watched 'Inside Walking Dead' , the producers clearly want to introduce a new twist. This is the first time they have used something that is not from the comic, but from the book. I'm looking forward to next meeting between The Governor and Rick. Time will tell if the Governor has or has not had his 'blinding flash on the road to Damascus' moment. Personally I hope not!

Edited by GinBoy2

American Horror Story does not ring my bell. It is nasty rather than scary and leaves me feeling disturbed, rather than frightened. However, I have heard reports that the new season is more like traditional horror and not so discomfiting.

I think it's CAMPY and you're taking the word horror a bit too LITERALLY.

"American Horror Story" goes to camp this year, and no one will get a peaceful night's sleep - not just because of all the bloodcurdling screams, but because of a good bit of laughter as well.

http://www.sfgate.com/tv/article/American-Horror-Story-Coven-review-a-bit-camp-4879433.php

I'm going to check out season 1 Ep 1 & 2

Anyone watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead? Wasn't expecting that rehabilitation of The Governor

"Rehabilitation"? I would not count on that. The Governor could always play nice when he wanted to.

I caught the latest episode. The GF and I are big fans of the show in general. This season has been good, as well as last season. Plenty of surprises and some good twists.

Having the governor make a return brings back a chance for some different story lines. Maybe some more ruthlessness of the type that might pervade a futuristic zombie apocalypse survivors world. w00t.gif

My feeling is the plot line has to see main group at the prison leaving sometime soon...

When I watched 'Inside Walking Dead' , the producers clearly want to introduce a new twist. This is the first time they have used something that is not from the comic, but from the book. I'm looking forward to next meeting between The Governor and Rick. Time will tell if the Governor has or has not had his 'blinding flash on the road to Damascus' moment. Personally I hope not!

I'm not aware of how the comics pan out story line wise, but certainly the series picked up again in season 3. It looked to be in decline part way through season 2 but the scripts and action picked up significantly and imo this current season is the best so far.

• Like 1

The Blacklist will hook ya. Spader is awesome in the role and the stories are well written. If you're watching on AXN its a week behind the US, so watch out for spoilers

I really like this show, but I feel like James Spader is carrying the whole thing. The girl is kind of generic and - IMO - no other very interesting characters. The girl might get better and her boyfriend might be more compelling when it is finally revealed who and what he really is.

• Like 1

I really like this show, but I feel like James Spader is carrying the whole thing. The girl is kind of generic and - IMO - no other very interesting characters. The girl might get better and her boyfriend might be more compelling when it is finally revealed who and what he really is.

I have to agree. Megan Boone as the Keane character is pretty weak. My fear is that she will derail the show. The analogy I would use is the 2007 remake of 'The Bionic Woman'. The main character of Jamie Sommers was played by the English actress Michelle Ryan, totally pathetic. She was out acted in every episode that featured Katee Sackhoff (the evil bionic woman, forget the character name). The fact that there were two characters who were so opposite in their abilities really undermined what had all the promise of a great show

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

I have to agree. Megan Boone as the Keane character is pretty weak. My fear is that she will derail the show. The analogy I would use is the 2007 remake of 'The Bionic Woman'. The main character of Jamie Sommers was played by the English actress Michelle Ryan, totally pathetic. She was out acted in every episode that featured Katee Sackhoff (the evil bionic woman, forget the character name). The fact that there were two characters who were so opposite in their abilities really undermined what had all the promise of a great show

Spader is very good in this role and it is hard to distinguish if he is a bad guy or a good guy. I believe it was last episode when Spader's character was in the hospital and spoke in glowing terms about Megan Boone...unfortunately I didn't recognise the attributes he attributed to her tongue.png. To be fair, her character doesn't seem to have the best script in the world to work with. Her attachment to her husband, despite his zombie like state and cache of documents, doesn't help her cause

I use Torrents for everything, I have 2 invites for torrentday.com if anyone needs one, very fast, will max out your connection easy

Much faster, also uploaders are vetted, you are expected to seed, if not you get kicked out.

PM me an email and I will send invite from them to it

Much faster, also uploaders are vetted, you are expected to seed, if not you get kicked out.

PM me an email and I will send invite from them to it

Much better just to stream from Hulu $7.99 an month for a Hulu Plus membership is a steal

Pitbulls and parolees as to be a favorite of mine

Peaky Blinders is good the first season

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I had not heard of Pitbulls and parolees.

Always puts a smile on my face...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I watched the Croods with the uvver 'alf yesterday, great animation, definitely not just for the kids, very entertaining and a great laugh for all age groups. I recommend it for all to watch. 8.5/10

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Caught up with Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters over the last two nights.

Kind of an end of world superhero/fantasy adventure for Teens with a PG rating. Lots of good looking young heroes wearing fashionable clothes and saving the world...again

Dead boring for myself, girlfriend enjoyed it.

4/10 from me.

Here are two of my favourite crime mini series for 2013

The Fall

Broadchurch

Both excellent and looking forward to their return in 2014

I've seen The Fall on your recommendation and really liked it.

Glad to hear about Broadchurch as I've just picked it up.

I'm 3 episodes into Top Boy http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1830379/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A typical English gritty drama about the drug/crime culture in East London.

If you like Shane Meadows and Jimmy McGovern type drama's, you'll like this one.

Enjoying it at the minute. Still have 1 episode from series 1 and 4 from series 2 to go.

• Like 1

Here are two of my favourite crime mini series for 2013

The Fall

Broadchurch

Both excellent and looking forward to their return in 2014

I've seen The Fall on your recommendation and really liked it.

Glad to hear about Broadchurch as I've just picked it up.

I'm 3 episodes into Top Boy http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1830379/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A typical English gritty drama about the drug/crime culture in East London.

If you like Shane Meadows and Jimmy McGovern type drama's, you'll like this one.

Enjoying it at the minute. Still have 1 episode from series 1 and 4 from series 2 to go.

I'll check out Top Boy. I like those types of shows.

What tv shows or movies do people watch when they need a bit of a pmu? I like to watch Kungfu Panda, always makes me laugh and picks me up whenever the PTSD drops in for a visit.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Watched Red 2 last night... Didn't really know what to think going in, watched the preview, enjoyed that. Didn't take too long to get into it. Willis was probably the worst of the bunch, well he pipped his GF at the post for that one. Malkovich, Sir Anthony, Dame Helen, Zeta-Jones and the korean bloke were all streaks ahead. Actually Zeta-Jones is probably tied for the worst actor in this star studded line up.

I think Malkovich and the korean bloke were the standouts for me, Malkovich has just got that awkward quirky sense of humor, and the korean bloke had some pretty good one liners. His kung <deleted> action scenes were a bit run-of-the-mill-jet-li-esque but still filled a void I guess...

Oh, wait, the korean blokes name is: Byung-hyun Lee ;)

Anyway was an enjoyable watch over a couple of cold Cooper's Pale Ales last night..

Watched Red 2 last night... Didn't really know what to think going in, watched the preview, enjoyed that. Didn't take too long to get into it. Willis was probably the worst of the bunch, well he pipped his GF at the post for that one. Malkovich, Sir Anthony, Dame Helen, Zeta-Jones and the korean bloke were all streaks ahead. Actually Zeta-Jones is probably tied for the worst actor in this star studded line up.

I think Malkovich and the korean bloke were the standouts for me, Malkovich has just got that awkward quirky sense of humor, and the korean bloke had some pretty good one liners. His kung <deleted> action scenes were a bit run-of-the-mill-jet-li-esque but still filled a void I guess...

Oh, wait, the korean blokes name is: Byung-hyun Lee wink.png

Anyway was an enjoyable watch over a couple of cold Cooper's Pale Ales last night..

Its the curse of sequels. I loved RED, but never wanted to watch RED2 for the very reason I thought it would disappoint. The ultimate example is The Hangover. First one hilarious, went rapidly downhill with #2 culminating in the truly awful Hangover 3

Not sure if I've mentioned this one before, but Person of Interest is one of my

favourite shows at the minute.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Some good chemistry between the actors and also features Kevin Chapman

who was fantastic as Freddie Cork in the brilliant series Brotherhood.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457229/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_19

It revolves around an ex-CIA agent who teams up with a computer genius named

Finch, who has developed a machine for the government that is used to detect

information leading to acts of terrorism before they happen.

I've just started the series 3 which is the latest, well worth a look.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

Oh, wait, the korean blokes name is: Byung-hyun Lee wink.png

Its the curse of sequels. I loved RED, but never wanted to watch RED2 for the very reason I thought it would disappoint. The ultimate example is The Hangover. First one hilarious, went rapidly downhill with #2 culminating in the truly awful Hangover 3

I agree about the Hangover sequels.

Red 2 was okay though. Again i'd agree with GS about the acting line up. A stellar cast and some. Zeta-Jones was very very average. I thought Mary -Louise Parker was actually pretty good (she plays Bruce Willis's GF.)