What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

American horror story the new season has just started and its on the bay where the pirates play .also dont know if anyone mentioned it but the new series of dci banks is into its 3rd episode , good british crime series and to all you who likes Boston legal , i downloaded the series that preceded it ,the practice ,its really good .

• Like 2

Better Things

This is a great little comedy from the US...22 minute episodes...1st episode had me hooked

Better Things is an American comedy television series created by Pamela Adlon and Louis C.K. for FX, starring Adlon as a divorced actress who raises her three daughters by herself

• Like 2

On 14/9/2559 at 1:42 PM, Will27 said:

Hunt for the Wilderpeople

Really enjoyed this one.

Sam Neill is always worth watching.

IMDB: A national manhunt is ordered for a rebellious kid and his foster uncle who go missing in the wild New Zealand bush.

Thanks for this info, Will 27.

If you enjoy Sam Neill, you may like The Daughter (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3922816/ )

Watched "Room"  last weekend. It is an interesting movie.  (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3170832/?ref_=fn_al_tt_5 )

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BookMan said:

I've watched the clips and fully intend to give it a try.

It's on the same lines as 'Lie to Me' and I fear it will be a poor imitation, of a show cancelled way before it's time. The other worry is Michael Weatherly...not sure if he can do any character that isn't DiNozzo!

Time will tell I guess

• Like 2

1 hour ago, i claudius said:

I just watched CELL the new Stephen King movie ,goes anyone know what it was all about? starts off as a normal film and to be honest it becomes so disjointed i couldnt really make sense of it .

Terrible movie, I lost interest halfway though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

EMPIRE and I am. Loving it...

full of R and B music and Gangsta themes..................

Managed about 20 minutes of the first episode , then got bored with the r and b and gangsta themes:thumbsup:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, i claudius said:

Just started watching the new series of z nation , stupid as usual , but good fun and American horror story , not to sure about it this time , getting bored with the main charactors narratives , but the story is not bad .

Z nation is one of those thing I can watch when I'm not really watching, just want some noise.

Slightly entertaining in places, but it's at the bottom of the zombie genre pile

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, i claudius said:

The left wing BBC puting down our greatest leader ,what a shock

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

I assume you are referring to my previous post regarding Churchill. In point of fact when I went through the USAF academy, to be brutally honest military history taught there isn't exactly complimentary when it comes to Churchill and WW2. Pretty much the documentary expressed what I was taught.

Sometimes our hero's are flawed characters. I think Churchill's 'flaw' was his undying addiction to Imperialism, and certainly in the memoirs and diaries from the time, expressed in the documentary, and from my military history lessons, it colored his judgment, and certainly allowed him to flat out lie to his closest allies, and bank rollers! 

Now everything needs to be viewed through a prism of history, and he was a creation of his time, race  and class.

But that doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't be able to reassess history, which I think was the point of the documentary

30 minutes ago, i claudius said:

New 4 part series with Robbie Coltrane just started about historical sex abuse cases ,just downloaded the first episode ,not watched it yet , but very relevant ,considering Saville etc

What's it called & what channel?

• Like 1

In case you missed it, National Treasure began on Channel 4 last night.

The challenging Channel 4 drama tells the fictional story of Paul Finchley (Robbie Coltrane), a comedian accused of historical sex abuse who finds himself living in the shadow of Jimmy Savile. It is clearly inspired by true events, dealing with the same issues as Operation Yewtree, and caused quite a stir on Twitter last night. 

People applauded every aspect of it: the acting, the direction, the music.

Robbie Coltrane especially was praised for his brave portrayal of the accused, and for taking on the difficult role.
Andrea Riseborough gave a stand-out, unflinching performance as Finchley's daughter Dee, a recovering addict.
And Julie Walters was of course faultless in her role as Finchley's wife, Marie,

1474518367202.jpg

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-09-21/national-treasure-moved-and-mesmerised-viewers-last-night
  • Like 2