What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Top of the Lake - Season 1 set in New Zealand with a Thai connection.

Dark with some shocking and bizarre stuff going on. I really enjoyed S1 and apparently S2 is out soon.

• Like 1

On 2 June, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Will27 said:

Tv series- Cannabis.

An excellent start to this new French series.
All 6 episodes are available with hard coded subs.

IMDB: When a huge marijuana shipment falls prey to thieves, the aftermath touches players from all ranks on the drug trade between Morocco and Europe.

Cannabis was ok…if a bit slow and draggy. They didnt flesh the characters out much.

High hopes for Public Enemy…another 10 parter uploaded by Sno.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 1

Saw the most touching, funny, sad film in a long time.

Chinaman …. story of a danish plumber whose wife leaves him…..he then goes to the chinese restaurant opposite his house every day and works his way in numerical order through the menu. The owner then suggests he marry his sister so she can get her visa and he does.

What a beautiful film….available at the usual places i guess….got mine off a private tracker.

• Like 2

Tv  Documentary - The Seven Five

Thought this one was excellent.

IMDB: Meet the dirtiest cop in NYC history. Michael Dowd stole money and dealt drugs while patrolling the streets of 80s Brooklyn.

Recently seen last season of Line of Duty - excellent... and it keeps remidning me to start rewatching 'This is England' - aaah, Vicky McClure... speaking of old crushes, from the X Files days, make sure you see Gillian Anderson in 'The Fall'.

'Luther' is good, but for another uk policey show... there may be no better than 'Happy Valley'.

And watch the more over the top fun that is 'Peaky Blinders'.....

but definitely do NOT bother with the movie 'High Rise' - you can see/listen to the best bit on youtube by searching for 'Portishead SOS' - surely the best Abba cover ever.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Has anyone found the new season of House Of Cards to be a pale imitation of it's former self?

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Has anyone found the new season of House Of Cards to be a pale imitation of it's former self?

Such a shame ,finished ep 3 and am thinking of not bothering any more .how the mighty have fallen

Recently seen last season of Line of Duty - excellent... and it keeps remidning me to start rewatching 'This is England' - aaah, Vicky McClure... speaking of old crushes, from the X Files days, make sure you see Gillian Anderson in 'The Fall'.

'Luther' is good, but for another uk policey show... there may be no better than 'Happy Valley'.

And watch the more over the top fun that is 'Peaky Blinders'.....

but definitely do NOT bother with the movie 'High Rise' - you can see/listen to the best bit on youtube by searching for 'Portishead SOS' - surely the best Abba cover ever.

I got into Luther after the first two episodes, seemed to get much better. The second episode in S1 is by far the worst. But this show taught me to persevere and I'm now at S3 and have enjoyed it. Happy Valley is great too, great acting. Peaky Blinders, good entertainment. The Fall, really good.

Saving Line of Duty for work downtime.
  • Like 1

I got into Luther after the first two episodes, seemed to get much better. The second episode in S1 is by far the worst. But this show taught me to persevere and I'm now at S3 and have enjoyed it. Happy Valley is great too, great acting. Peaky Blinders, good entertainment. The Fall, really good.

Saving Line of Duty for work downtime.

Seen Broadchurch ? That's as good too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Just downloaded it. Is it that bad?

I guess it's best to watch it and make your own mind up.

I just thought it tailed off greatly after the first episode and

was completely implausible by the end.

That's just me though.

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Such a shame ,finished ep 3 and am thinking of not bothering any more .how the mighty have fallen

it gets better…..but only slightly…..over the top.

Coincides with creator Beau Willimon not being involved in the production any more.

Sci Fi fans: Dark Matter's back! :licklips:

Noobs: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4159076/

Some previous commentary on this forum: https://encrypted.google.com/search?q="dark+matter"+site%3Athaivisa.com#q="dark+matter"+movies+or+tv+shows+site:thaivisa.com. If you search this this thread directly you'll find it mentioned in about 7 posts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Sci Fi fans: Dark Matter's back! :licklips:

Dark Matter was so slow that I lost interest after the second one.As in many of these budget production series, they just slow it down and spread out a simple plot.