What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Alien: Covenant, a disappointment. Had to watch it but ended up watching TV at the same time. Characters are idiots (only way to move the plot along) even when they couldn't possibly be; predictable w/ same ol' levers pushed; repulsive w/o much horror. Don't waste money on it. I watched Prometheus again first, as recommended. Prometheus, flawed as it is, is much better; they dropped the ball w/ Alien: Covenant.

27 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Alien: Covenant, a disappointment. Had to watch it but ended up watching TV at the same time. Characters are idiots (only way to move the plot along) even when they couldn't possibly be; predictable w/ same ol' levers pushed; repulsive w/o much horror. Don't waste money on it. I watched Prometheus again first, as recommended. Prometheus, flawed as it is, is much better; they dropped the ball w/ Alien: Covenant.

Pity to see a much loved franchise become a pale imitation of it's former self.

On 18/06/2017 at 11:48 AM, Rc2702 said:

On Netflix.

Queen of the South about a Mexican cartel operating in Texas main character is a young woman.

Seemed pretty good.

I enjoyed the first season, I have not started to watch the second one yet 

10 minutes ago, Caps said:

I enjoyed the first season, I have not started to watch the second one yet 

I'm undecided I'm about 15 episodes in its ok could have been better. I'd do the older bird over the younger. Weird that but she's more appealing to me. 

• Like 1

Truth is I'm disgusted with iTunes and Netflix. Billions s2 not out on any of them. Even fast and furious 8 aint out on iTunes.  Yes I know I can download it for free but I'm very set in my ways where content is concerned.

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:24 AM, giddyup said:

Apparently it just gets worse, especially after episode 5, but let us know what you think.

Riviera:

Managed to get to the 10 minute mark of episode 3 and that was enough for me.

Edited by Will27

2 hours ago, i claudius said:

Gosh what a life we live here in sin city. Sun sea and 10 episodes of a tv prog in one sitting. No wonder all my friends back home think we live the life. Not having a go ,ime just as bad lol

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just got home from a visa run and wrote the day off.

I don't do it very often,my wife gets grumpy especially with 9 games of AFL on a week.:smile:

I must say this forum has be a bad influence on me,when bored i just look on here and there's always something recommended to watch.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Do you watch Thai soapies?:smile:

Yes.......One called Dr Tom.

We were amazed when the manageress at our guesthouse/hotel was joking with us as my wife watched Coronation Street on Youtube.

She said she was once a Thai soap queen and we laughed. then she showed us the series Dr Tom and there she was. We loved the series. Very Hmong and very interesting.

She had to leave when she married and her husband stopped her acting.

Where are you watching your shows?

It's available for downloading.

True Vision. I don't really watch much, and I don't do the download thing. I need to get with it.

I probably see more movies on flights than at home.

Just now, mogandave said:

True Vision. I don't really watch much, and I don't do the download thing. I need to get with it.

I probably see more movies on flights than at home.

Oh ok, I can't really help you then.

I gave True the flick a few years ago now.

• Like 1

Good documentary on Netflix

"What the health"

An intrepid filmmaker on a journey of discovery as he uncovers possibly the largest health secret of our time and the collusion between industry, government, pharmaceutical and health organizations keeping this information from us.

3 hours ago, thaifoodruns said:

An intrepid filmmaker on a journey of discovery as he uncovers possibly the largest health secret of our time and the collusion between industry, government, pharmaceutical and health organizations keeping this information from us

Not doing particularly well at keeping it a secret though are they, if all you have to do is click on YouTube to find it out?

Edited by partington