SURVEY: Should Donald Trump get the Nobel Peace Prize?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Donald Trump receive the Nobel Peace Prize?  

378 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Indeed... perhaps because NK has now attained the bomb, and can go into negotiations as an equal, instead of as an underdog with no bite to its bark.

if that is so, then it follows that by attaining parity, NK has now decided that it can proactively use that power to force peace on the area... ergo... Kim jung un is the one who deserves the Nobel peace prize

Giving a peace prize to someone who builds a nuclear bomb and threatens to attack other countries with that nuclear bomb ?

Where is the Peace when somebody threatens to incinerate a much smaller country with his massive amount of nuclear weapons. There is no Peace in that proposition. Give him the Nobel Dumb Prize or the Nobel Golf Prize or the Nobel Extremely Offensive Prize. But let us reserve the Peace Prize for actual premeditated attempts to create Peace. If he can sort out Syria give him something then, and only then.

His rubbish statements about France and guns at the NRA convention ....fat lot of good guns did anybody when that mental case shot all those people in Las Vegas. But the Great Orange One conveniently forgot to mention that to his darling NRA.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Indeed... perhaps because NK has now attained the bomb, and can go into negotiations as an equal, instead of as an underdog with no bite to its bark.

if that is so, then it follows that by attaining parity, NK has now decided that it can proactively use that power to force peace on the area... ergo... Kim jung un is the one who deserves the Nobel peace prize

How is he an equal? He may have a few N bombs, but the USA has hundreds of them. And if we used them Korea would be a wasteland for a thousand years. Reality check people!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

President Trump already donates his presidential salary to charity or some worthy cause -- I feel l quite sure the Nobel prize money will follow the same path.   The "diplomacy" and "statesmanship" experts who are gushing their "expertise" evaluating Trump's performance as president of the USA from poor to rotten -- please! please! keep thinking the way you are.  You certainly are the least to worry about as a potential enemy.  You pose no more a threat than a discarded object that might clog up a toilet.  

Edited by AndyDo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, underlordcthulhu said:

They already lost all credibility when they gave it to the fallen messiah, Obama.

At least he know the noble art of negotiating.

Edited by Get Real

17 hours ago, sirineou said:

Regardless of if deserved or not ,and I don't think any serious minded person believe he does.  If they nominated Trump the Nobel organisation would lose all credibility, and I don't believe they are stupid enough to do that. 

But then again I did not believe Americans were stupid enough to elect him president.......

If he makes a deal with N Korea on denuclearisation  Do you still think he does not deserve the Nobel Obama got if for being the first Black American President Not a grand gesture 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Get Real said:

At least he know the noble art of negotiating.

You think the deal he made with Iran is "good"?????????????  Boy, would I like to deal with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, freebyrd said:

Kim Jong Un was summoned to Beijing and had his fortune told by Xi - Q.E.D.

Agreed and why was that?  Obama got a prize for ZERO but the whole peace prize thing is a farce look at Suu Kyi

33 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Giving a peace prize to someone who builds a nuclear bomb and threatens to attack other countries with that nuclear bomb ?

Talking about Obama again?  this is about Trump do keep up please!

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

If he makes a deal with N Korea on denuclearisation  Do you still think he does not deserve the Nobel Obama got if for being the first Black American President Not a grand gesture 

You did not believe Americans were stupid enough to elect Trump president?  You think Hillary, who gave away 20 pct of our uranium extraction to Russia a superior candidate, the Hillary who wanted to put all our coal mines and coal companies out of business, who wanted to add more restrictions on the producers in the US economy, the Hillary who caused the death of the ambassador to Libya and four of his security people  -- that is the candidate you thing would have made a better president than Donald Trump?  You sure know your stupidity!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, canuckamuck said:

The real threat to the core of American democracy is the professors in your universities and colleges.

Nope. It's having a far right wing demagogue in the white house that is acting in every way like he's a dictator. Normally there would checks in congress for that. That's how the founders designed it. They caved. 

• Like 2

Anyone ever noticed the spooky physical similarity between trump and Mussolini. 

The jutting chin, show off movements, craving of attention.

Don has more hair ( or is too vain to shave the monstrosity off his bonce).

Il duce vs il draft dodger. 

Neither deserves ( deserved) the NPP either given thwir bullying cowardly tendencies

• Like 1

Being Obama received it for doing nothing rhen Trump should receive it.

He did tax reform.He made it for business to run better.Obama was trying to freeze businesses with the executive orders.Trump is trying to keep tax papers money from going to enemy countries.He’s trying to build the wall.It’s been needed for 30-40 years.

if Obama hadn’t received it then I would have said no to Trump.But Obama received it for doing nothing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Being Obama received it for doing nothing rhen Trump should receive it.
He did tax reform.He made it for business to run better.Obama was trying to freeze businesses with the executive orders.Trump is trying to keep tax papers money from going to enemy countries.He’s trying to build the wall.It’s been needed for 30-40 years.
if Obama hadn’t received it then I would have said no to Trump.But Obama received it for doing nothing.
No logic there. Pretty much everyone acknowledged that giving it to Obama was a mistake even Obama. The one has nothing to do with the other.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mansell said:

How is he an equal? He may have a few N bombs, but the USA has hundreds of them. And if we used them Korea would be a wasteland for a thousand years. Reality check people!!!!!!!!!!

How? Seriously?with 100s of nukes, I suppose kimmy will be 100s of times more dead ?

if NK explodes a nuke on foreign soil, that’s it, all over, thanks for coming, but check back in a thousand years

korea push’s the button, trump responds... remind me how close to China, Korea is... oh... ajoining... so China responds etc etc etc

and then there’s nuclear proliferation issues if things aren’t sorted out to Kim’s satisfaction..... maybe

Edited by farcanell

1 hour ago, AndyDo said:

You think the deal he made with Iran is "good"?????????????  Boy, would I like to deal with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I didn´t say that, did I? I didn´t say he was good at all. Just stated that Trump lacks all fuctions that a president or a politician must be equipped with.

And then, clam down a little bit before you get a heart attack. :cheesy: It´s either that or you just have to stop play on the keyboard with sticky fingers. :cheesy:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, farcanell said:

How? Seriously?with 100s of nukes, I suppose kimmy will be 100s of times more dead ?

if NK explodes a nuke on foreign soil, that’s it, all over, thanks for coming, but check back in a thousand years

korea push’s the button, trump responds... remind me how close to China, Korea is... oh... ajoining... so China responds etc etc etc

and then there’s nuclear proliferation issues if things aren’t sorted out to Kim’s satisfaction..... maybe

If hundreds of nukes were ever fired we'd all be dead.

14 minutes ago, Get Real said:

And then, clam down a little bit before you get a heart attack. :cheesy: It´s either that or you just have to stop play on the keyboard with sticky fingers. :cheesy:

It is a fortunate man that can amuse himself so easily.

• Like 1

Trump rocks and he has gotten some progress made....but I would not award him any peace prize just yet for two reasons:

1. He will brag about it for the next 15 years....driving the anti trump lobby here insane.

2. The peace must be shown to be lasting and not transient humbug like most of obama's lip speech making rhetoric

high on lofty ideals and low on results.

8 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Trump rocks and he has gotten some progress made....but I would not award him any peace prize just yet for two reasons:

1. He will brag about it for the next 15 years....driving the anti trump lobby here insane.

2. The peace must be shown to be lasting and not transient humbug like most of obama's lip speech making rhetoric

high on lofty ideals and low on results.

The audience for anything Trump has to say in the coming years is almost certainly to be one that is captive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A month ago I commented that the Nobel peace prize was of no real standing as it was all political. Most of you agreed with me and I am of the opinion that only the scientific achievements and maybe literature should continue to receive justified praise.  To award a peace prize at this time would be a very poor joke.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mansell said:

Where is the Peace when somebody threatens to incinerate a much smaller country with his massive amount of nuclear weapons. There is no Peace in that proposition.

The peace comes from when that smaller Country decides to stop threatening other Countries . to stop making nuclear bombs and signs peace deals with its neighbors and yo alleviate the possibility of a World war

• Like 1