DEA 202RR gate controller - Local source?

Crossy

Hello Crossy

I don't know of hand, but is that Italian mob "Type "

I know you may have checked everything, but I was wandering if one of those little black things up in the far top right corner,( that actually look like they have a button on them ) , may be a reset button you hold down for 5 secs & watch the Leds flash.

I have one on my A808 board  

Just read your other post, but you never know

Edited by BEVUP

4 hours ago, Fruit Trader said:

We purchased the drive unit only from PAT many moons ago.

Great. They have it on their website at 8,400 Baht, I've contacted them to see if it's in stock.

@BEVUP sadly it sits there with the display blank (should show stuff during startup). The buttons are "ok", "up" and "down", I have the manual but it doesn't do anything. I'll get it on the bench later and check the obvious (power supply voltages etc.), but I suspect a replacement is in order.

EDIT The beast is dead, power supplies are correct, power on and all the relays pull in (which is why the gates were open), nothing on the display, poking buttons does nothing :sad:

• 4 weeks later...

Update.

Called (ok Thai work colleague did) PAT last week. Don't have / can't get the 202RR, will get back with an alternative.

The proposed alternative is a DEA NET230N, checked out the specs, looks good.

They sent a commercial invoice for 7,500 Baht with instructions that I could pay by bank transfer with next-day delivery or we could go to their head office in Bangkok to pay cash and collect.

Headed over on Monday, only 6km from the office, took an hour ?

Handed over cash and invoice.

Waited.

After >30 mins a somewhat apologetic lady returned with my cash and no unit.

Out of stock!!

So why the flip didn't they tell us over the phone?

They couldn't give us a re-stock date but will call when stock is available.

Grrrrrrr.

Still looking, ebay could be my friend, at least I now have an alternative part to search for.

56 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Update.

Called (ok Thai work colleague did) PAT last week. Don't have / can't get the 202RR, will get back with an alternative.

The proposed alternative is a DEA NET230N, checked out the specs, looks good.

They sent a commercial invoice for 7,500 Baht with instructions that I could pay by bank transfer with next-day delivery or we could go to their head office in Bangkok to pay cash and collect.

Headed over on Monday, only 6km from the office, took an hour ?

Handed over cash and invoice.

Waited.

Out of stock!!

Grrrrrrr.

Still looking, ebay could be my friend, at least I now have an alternative part to search for.

Amazing 

I would have been fuming & would never deal with them again

So the incompetent people were going to take 7,500 bht & make you wait how long

They didn't tell you as most of them have no idea 

One would think that they could use a computer tracking system (but we are talking Thai 4 here ), & then the computer is only as smart as what's getting punched into it 

Lucky you had a work mate to call because it is amazing how they can survive in business from the amount of un answered emails & calls in english

I know when dealing with one company they lost 100,000 

28 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Have you tried to have the board repaired?

Yeah, the question was put to PAT. Nope they only supply new.

It's nothing obvious, all the supplies are up but the processor isn't running.

I suspect the failure was due to surge coupling from the long leads to our manual "open" pushbutton. The inputs don't seem to be protected very well (just padder resistors to the microcontroller inputs). 

A replacement micro may be the solution, but it's surface mount and we still wouldn't have the firmware to load.

An opto-isolated arrangement has been prepared ready for the arrival of a new unit.

I located a DEA NET230N, from an Ebay seller in Poland. He suggested I went via his website (in Polish despite there being an English button) for a better price, very much against Ebay rules of course. A very friendly and professional crew.

GBP 110 (4,680 Baht) including shipping! Saving a fair few beers.

It's on its way, we shall see how long it takes.

I would have been happy with the PAT price if they had stock, could have installed today.

11 hours ago, Crossy said:

Update.

Out of stock!!

Grrrrrrr.

I hope you spoke to a PAT engine driver (not easy) as they will remove boards from new motors. The regular staff are not from this planet.

13 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

I hope you spoke to a PAT engine driver (not easy) as they will remove boards from new motors. The regular staff are not from this planet.

I was so miffed that I didn't, anyway, they've lost a sale and I've saved some coin.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

If its peiter.pl you have ordered from I will add to my list for future?

Sussed! ?

He evidently got a good deal on the NET230N as it's not on the main website, possibly end of line?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 11:23 AM, Crossy said:

GBP 110 (4,680 Baht) including shipping! Saving a fair few beers.

It's on its way, we shall see how long it takes.

It has arrived, no tax or duty to pay, result.

Sat it on the bench and set up what I could and learnt all the remotes.

Installation tomorrow if it's not raining.

Update.

It seems that the lightning took out the encoders on my DEA "LOOK" gate motors. D1 and C2 were fried as was U1 which is seemingly a Hall-effect sensor.

These motors are about $300 a pop, awaiting details of whether the encoders are available as spares.

As the backup plan, I've ordered 10 (ten) suitable Hall-effect sensors from AliExpress of $2.50 including express shipping.

20180615_053135.jpg

20180615_053145.jpg

There must be various 202R configurations for swing actuators as I am sure our house gate does not have an encoder.

Those boards are an easy repair if you can obtain the components. I guess you powered the boards and tested for output.

Are the encoders motor speed feedback or used for position from home.   

The encoder boards are pretty simple, I've ordered some Hall sensors that should do the trick (the ones on the boards are unmarked).

The board I have looked at was well fried with the diode and encoder device dead as well as a shorted capacitor.

It's an open-drain (pullup on the controller) pulse generator with a circular magnet on the end of the motor shaft, definitely for position control, the controller learns the extremes during setup by driving until the obstruction sense (motor current) triggers and likely speed feedback too.

The 202RR is a "universal" controller for 220V motors with or without encoders and a myriad of configurations.

The manual:-  202RR Rev_03.pdf

This is the Hall device I ordered A3141-2-3-4-Datasheet.pdf

The gates continue to be wife-operated ?

Checked the house swing gate and you are right about the board being universal as the actuator has no encoder and is not DEA.

After viewing your damage I am adding a separate ground to the isolated gate hinge post because the actuator couplings are poor connections. Its not a problem on our yard sliding gate because wheels are plated on a ground rail.

PAT have the encoders (I'm assured they are in stock) for 250 Baht a pop. So that's my backup plan if I can't fix the existing ones.

The Hall sensors should arrive Monday if the tracking information is reasonably accurate.

On 6/16/2018 at 12:24 AM, Crossy said:

This is the Hall device I ordered A3141-2-3-4-Datasheet.pdf

The little black chappies have arrived, damn they're tiny, got the head magnifier out to even see the ruddy things.

Anyway, two fitted, one to each encoder board and bingo! They only work!

500 Baht - $3 for the Hall sensors (had to buy 10 for the 3 bucks, if anyone needs a couple, let me know) saved, job's a good un.

Task for tomorrow put it all back on the gates.

Finally got everything back together and working this morning.

Rest of the week was too hot, raining, dark or all three when I got home from work.

Madam is a happy little lady.

• Like 1