Swiss man, 71, falls to his death from eighth floor

webfact

18 hours ago, africasiaeuro said:

One could call this a retiree column for there are so many commentators. However, the issue is much more serious.

We should give it a new name ' Thai death jump', just go ahead and look up the numbers who jumped in a year - all this whilst living in paradise.

I chose to write this addition whilst looking out from my window in North East Lombardia, 50 km from Bergamo towards the Swiss Alps. By the way prices for a room with a view with Balcony in the 1st floor are reasonable even by Thai standards, at 17 Bucks per night. Invigorating fresh air and breathtaking scenery included. How 's that for starters? For those who have similar ideas let me say this : No one should jump in paradise - nor elsewhere, it simply isn't worth it. - trust me.

africasiaeuro.com

How do you "know" it isn't worth it?

Unless you have committed suicide already and are now a ghost??

29 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I guess it was your car and no insurance on falling bodies.

5. You have a solution to someone with the prospect of several months/years of excruciating pain ahead and inevitable death?

Well please let us know.

If all the windows were locked and the balconies caged, what about the roof, bridges etc etc?

If people are so desperate they will find a way to end it.

Animals are put down to stop the suffering...

:sad:

Im all for people to have the choice to end their life, but also open up the debate about suicide problem. Speak about it, teach people about it, and for most people who have this thoughts they find a way out if it, and are happy, more often more happy after they found a solution to it. To die is a personal matter, and if you are in pain, you struggle, you see no way out it, please do not jump, do not cause anyone else problem because you have a problem. As I say, most suiciders have been thinking about this a long time before going to action. There is very few who kill themselves in affect right there in the moment they think dying is a good idea. 

Yes to close the windows, and balconies will prevent stupidity in affect. But they are really very few compare to how many suicides there is. 

14 hours ago, Lucky mike said:

Sadly he ends his life then inadvertently involves family, friends to carry on without him bringing sometimes grief, blame and financial burden...

We don't really know what plans were made concerning those close to the deceased.

I had a dear friend whose suicide surprised no one including his wife and son.       He  planned carefully and made whatever arrangements he wanted.    There was no stopping him.      I just wish he could have used the facilities of a place such as Digitas rather than put his revolver in his mouth.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, giddyup said:

Try and get your head around the fact that suicides aren't thinking rationally. They are not considering who cleans up, otherwise people wouldn't blow their heads off with shotguns.

Surprisingly enough, doing that work for a while did actually give me a hint that sometimes people do things without any rational thought.  Some of these jumpers are in a state of great emotional stress and irrationality.   Other suicides such as those with the terminal phase of their disease approaching have had time to have consider their options,  and do try to do it with minimum mess, pills. gas etc.   

On 5/7/2018 at 6:13 AM, Hummin said:

Soon Bangkok and Pattaya will not have open windows or balconies anymore. If you going to kill yourselves, please do not jump. 

1. You can hurt somone pshysical

2. You can hurt somone emotionally

3. You can damage property

4. You tie up resourches

5. There is solutions to your problems

6. You can kill yourself

4 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Surprisingly enough, doing that work for a while did actually give me a hint that sometimes people do things without any rational thought.  Some of these jumpers are in a state of great emotional stress and irrationality.   Other suicides such as those with the terminal phase of their disease approaching have had time to have consider their options,  and do try to do it with minimum mess, pills. gas etc.   

I'm not sure if many suicides actually consider the mess they may make. A jumper is probably not going to make too much of mess, some blood to hose off the pavement. Even drug or pill overdoses can be messy with vomiting etc. Pretty tame in comparison to what some vehicle crashes cause.

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 4:21 AM, giddyup said:

Easy to say, but if you are very sick with no hope of a cure, no money and no one to take care of you, I'd say suicide wasn't a bad option.

Its never a good option... Been there and wore T shirt ... There is ALWAYS something that comes out the woodwork... You just need to make sure everyone knows that there is an issue with you... I'm not saying that so called friends will run to help but there will be someone that you least expected WILL

23 minutes ago, Millcx said:

Its never a good option... Been there and wore T shirt ... There is ALWAYS something that comes out the woodwork... You just need to make sure everyone knows that there is an issue with you... I'm not saying that so called friends will run to help but there will be someone that you least expected WILL

You came back after suiciding, that's what your T Shirt says? You need to walk in someone else's shoes before you make silly statements. How do you know what options a 75 year old terminally ill person in chronic pain with no family or friends has? Tell me what light they have at the end of their particular tunnel? Live in misery with no relief from pain, that's your other option?

Edited by giddyup

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You need to walk in someone else's shoes before you make silly statements. How do you know what options a 75 year old terminally ill person in chronic pain with no family or friends has? Tell me what light they have at the end of their particular tunnel? Live in misery with no relief from pain, that's your other option?

You have no idea.... and I have walked in deaths door more times than I care to mention ... Your assuming and advocating suicide ... How selfish can an individual be. Lets end your debate now.

12 minutes ago, Millcx said:

You have no idea.... and I have walked in deaths door more times than I care to mention ... Your assuming and advocating suicide ... How selfish can an individual be. Lets end your debate now.

Pity, I was looking forward to hearing what options a terminally ill person in chronic pain has. Obviously the question was too hard.

On 5/7/2018 at 9:28 AM, Hummin said:

I can agree it is maybe some few who get pushed, but really, think about it? You old, little money, your little thing doesnt give you joy anymore, going to the bar you realize your friends is only speaking about they daily problems, world problems, finding new hate objects, and this have been going on for years in a loop. People start dying around you, and life is miserable, and you start thinking about what you should have done 20 years ago first time you sat your as on that bar chair. Just an example! Could have been 5 years ago for what I care. 

I know when I get older, lonely, used abused no money, no hope, no family I will also end it myselves. But as far as I am concerned, I can start avoiding that now while I can. 

Sheesh Hummin - you must be a hoot at parties lol. On a serious not, I have learned a lot from your posts in this thread. Fortuneately it’s not something that’s ever crossed my mind. Hoping it stays that way.

40 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

Sheesh Hummin - you must be a hoot at parties lol. On a serious not, I have learned a lot from your posts in this thread. Fortuneately it’s not something that’s ever crossed my mind. Hoping it stays that way.

I have got my experiences being exposed to people who was willing to take great risk to feel being alive and fail. Also to those who was willing to take their life by own hand. 

Im not sure what I thought you, but one thing is sure, when you got your head over the middle line, and accept your faith, life is good, even the rollercoaster goes faster down than up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

How can suicide for a terminally ill man in pain be selfish ? His body, his pain,his life, his decision, nobody has the right to judge. You may have the mental make up to persevere, not all do, or you are so materialistic that your fear of death overrides the pain and hopelessness. 

Fear Death 5555555 

• Confused 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2018 at 8:28 AM, Hummin said:

I can agree it is maybe some few who get pushed, but really, think about it? You old, little money, your little thing doesnt give you joy anymore, going to the bar you realize your friends is only speaking about they daily problems, world problems, finding new hate objects, and this have been going on for years in a loop. People start dying around you, and life is miserable, and you start thinking about what you should have done 20 years ago first time you sat your as on that bar chair. Just an example! Could have been 5 years ago for what I care. 

I know when I get older, lonely, used abused no money, no hope, no family I will also end it myselves. But as far as I am concerned, I can start avoiding that now while I can. 

sounds not so enthusiastically...

your outlook to your future

15 minutes ago, free123 said:

sounds not so enthusiastically...

your outlook to your future

Im not there yet, and I can change my future because I have time experience and knownledge about whats going to happen, if I do not get a grip on my life! Live smart and hope for the best! 

On 5/7/2018 at 6:13 AM, Hummin said:

Soon Bangkok and Pattaya will not have open windows or balconies anymore. If you going to kill yourselves, please do not jump. 

1. You can hurt somone pshysical

2. You can hurt somone emotionally

3. You can damage property

4. You tie up resourches

5. There is solutions to your problems

yes, its called nembutal, but its very difficult to come by