Business idea

12 hours ago, 55Jay said:

LOL, no, I'm not.  I was just goofing around up there ^ with the coffee shop thing. 

555, hard to believe people actually thought you were serious. People, drink more coffee and be fully awake before commenting. 

OP, I guess you needed to employ the /s font. Good stuff.

42 minutes ago, sauvagecheri said:

Failure is guaranteed....too many problems legal and otherwise..might work somewhat if you own the condos though.

Agree.  With his business plan he would have to do all the work to make any money---do all the paperwork, scheduling, etc. and check the illegal renters in and out, clean all the rooms, wash and dry all the sheets and towels, and so on.   Who wants to do that?  Not me.  And, he would still have the utilities expenses to deduct, the charges to Airbnb and the like to get the illegal renters, and he would be responsible for all the breakage and thefts that occurred.  No thanks.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Yeah, ok, I guess you're right.  I actually got these ideas from my new g/f in Pattaya, and she just told me only divulge 1, not both.

Coffee Shop.

After I dropped out of high school, I worked at Starbucks for 7 1/2 years before coming to Thailand on a spiritual journey, so I have experience and plan to work behind the bar to ensure things are done properly.  She said her sisters and brother are willing to move down from somewhere in Issan, stay with us in my apartment to help run the place.  I would need to apply for a bank loan to raise the start up capital.

RUN!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I have rented two condos in BKK. Both have security that meet unknown people with suitcases and not allow Air bnb customers. Some owners tried bribes to security but because most owners did not want Airbnb the bribes did not work. In my lease I write that if Air bnb customers are allowed in my building I can move out with one week notice. The two owners I rented from do not want Airbnb in their building also. They want one year tenants. 

IMO I hope Airbnb is outlawed in Thailand in condo building unless they are designated as Airbnb friendly to warn potential long term tenants and owners. I hate your idea.  Open a hotel if you want to be in the hotel business. 

Airbnb customers are loud and affect the quality of life of long term tennants and owners that live in their condo homes. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I don't need negative people like u in my life. I found a way to propose my business idea on a crowdfunding platform, so even the initial investment will be free.

And kebab and coffee shop sounds like a great idea. I can offer this service to discriminating tenant who otherwise shops at 7/11.

God, I love Thailand!!!

You need a hotel license or else you run a illegal business and yes meny try crownfunding but again you need the right paperwork 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wake Up said:

I have rented two condos in BKK. Both have security that meet unknown people with suitcases and not allow Air bnb customers. Some owners tried bribes to security but because most owners did not want Airbnb the bribes did not work. In my lease I write that if Air bnb customers are allowed in my building I can move out with one week notice. The two owners I rented from do not want Airbnb in their building also. They want one year tenants. 

IMO I hope Airbnb is outlawed in Thailand in condo building unless they are designated as Airbnb friendly to warn potential long term tenants and owners. I hate your idea.  Open a hotel if you want to be in the hotel business. 

Airbnb customers are loud and affect the quality of life of long term tennants and owners that live in their condo homes. 

Agree.

Until then I make millions.

13 minutes ago, zig said:

In my condo building some owners actually complained to police about their neighbors renting via Air bnb, a police raid followed, tenants were kicked out and the owners invited to police. I do not know what happened to them though.

The condo management became much more strict about such rentals afterwards.

Still, I have heard that it is not like this everywhere and in some places Air bnb rentals flourish so ... Good luck with making millions.

Do you think the new higher end "egde" condominium will have these rules and will be taking people to police, or will it be free for all Chinese AirBnB buffet like they allow at "The Base"?

7 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

I considered an Oxygen Bar, but there appear to be too many oxygen thieves to make it viable

You're right there mate no shortage of oxygen thieves round this joint hahaha

22 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Never said a shop. If the guy sells out after just 3.5 hours a day 6 days a week and has been doing so for 5 months. I'd say that's a great opportunity for a low skilled person who likely only works a total of a 5 hours a day and probably clears about 1800 baht a day x 25 days a month is 45000 a month with 1 location. It's scalable. It's much more scalable than ha Dow and that is everywhere.

125 kebab in 210 min OK just use your own words 

And it's from a salling and only him 

Can't you see its impossible??? 

20 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Agree.

Until then I make millions.

I know some guys in USA and Amsterdam that make a fortune on Air bnb. Mainly they buy houses and rent the whole house or room.  I have no beef with them. My only beef are with guys who want to do it with condos without first getting the ok from the condo association or owners or government. I can avoid a condo building that I know allows Air bnb and would not rent or buy there for any reason. Some of us are past the wealth accumulation days and just want a nice peaceful place to live along side long term neighbors or owners. You can’t have both Airbnb and that type of peace and quiet and security in the same building IMO. Someday the world will find a way to regulate Airbnb and it has its place like uber etc. But there are others like me than do not want this invasive species in their building and life. Some young Airbnb investors only see cash and their “freedom” to accumulate cash and not the downside to other condo owners.  They think making money is easy. Successful  guys look at the whole investment picture including the politics. Hope you make your fortune and making money is exciting until one day it is not.  For some that one ending day never comes but for me it has . Best of luck to you.  ?

Edited by Wake Up
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wake Up said:

I know some guys in USA and Amsterdam that make a fortune on Air bnb. Mainly they buy houses and rent the whole house or room.  I have no beef with them. My only beef are with guys who want to do it with condos without first getting the ok from the condo association or owners or government. I can avoid a condo building that I know allows Air bnb and would not rent or buy there for any reason. Some of us are past the wealth accumulation days and just want a nice peaceful place to live along side long term neighbors or owners. You can’t have both Airbnb and that type of peace and quiet and security in the same building IMO. Someday the world will find a way to regulate Airbnb and it has it place like uber etc. But there are others like me than do not want this invasive species in their building and life. Hope you make your fortune and making money is exciting until one day it is not.  For some that one ending day never comes but for me it has . Best of luck to you.  ?

The post was a joke, bud

• Like 1