Thai women warned: "Don't try to be beautiful on the cheap" as eyebrow mishap goes viral!

webfact

8 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I tried to get a tattoo removed from my forearm with laser treatment (lots of smoke, blood & pain!).

8 treatments (at Bumrungrad) at around 7,000 Baht a go, and it's not fully gone!

I think I might have stopped after 5 maybe 6 

When is number 9

8 hours ago, poanoi said:

just in case it went over your head, this is a catastrophe for the woman

who made the tattoo, i pity her and wish her all the best

Its a good job the  "tattooist" was not paid by the hour

I just hope the Thai female obsession with thick dark eyebrows, which started a few years ago (saw it among the Vietnamese before that) will finally die off. I don't know how they got it into their heads that it's attractive. It's also big in Indonesia at the moment, but I think the Vietnamese have gone back to normal now... 

7 minutes ago, Docno said:

I just hope the Thai female obsession with thick dark eyebrows, which started a few years ago (saw it among the Vietnamese before that) will finally die off. I don't know how they got it into their heads that it's attractive. It's also big in Indonesia at the moment, but I think the Vietnamese have gone back to normal now... 

This has been popular in SE Asia for years

The funny part about this is the almost total ignorance of what tattooed eyebrows are all about

It should be done by a suitably trained and experienced beautician with the CORRECT type of equipment not by a normal tattooist using standard equipment

On top of that if its a bodger that does it, well you can see the result

• Like 1

Ok she did it on the cheap & got what she paid for... she learnt her lesson...
Michael Jackson probably paid thousands of dollars... didn't workout too well for him either!!!

Any cosmetic enhancement is at your own risk!

• Like 1

I think it is a high % of Thai women who have some bit of ink on the eyebrows.

I saw this gal in the KK night market.   Unfortunately I see this done more and more in USA. 

IMG_20170707_210709088.thumb.jpg.1dc38193d8751653fbb9632cd2ff6c4b.jpgIMG_20170707_210726107.thumb.jpg.e68a91c71a0dd37ce8ae05fc7da3c896.jpg.

Edited by Elkski
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Hardly tattoo parlours......Somchai got his gear from Amazon, Alibaba or many of the online stores.....and he didn't need any training!

I would qualify it as "Very bad Trip,  part 4.0" !

13 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I tried to get a tattoo removed from my forearm with laser treatment (lots of smoke, blood & pain!).

8 treatments (at Bumrungrad) at around 7,000 Baht a go, and it's not fully gone!

I often wonder about all these guys and gals who have gotten the body art (tattoos), seemingly the latest fashion now, and what they will look like at 60 or 70 when the skin starts to sag and wrinkle. It's bad enough when you get that age without the addition of Tattoos making an old person look more like a freak. 

I think that all tattooed on eyebrows are ugly!  I have seen many women with them

and they all look so fakey and well just ugly. At least teeth braces may be fixing a mouthful

of crooked teeth. Never going to date a woman who thinks that she needs to get more

beautiful with however she tries to do it.

Geezer

12 hours ago, oldlakey said:

I think I might have stopped after 5 maybe 6 

When is number 9

Number 8 was probably 15 years ago. I'll be moving back to the UK next year, after 20 years in BKK. The one thing about that is, unlike here in Thailand, I won't  be going around in shorts & T-shirts, when I have trousers and long sleeves on my tattoos aren't visible.

The tattoo I tried to have removed is the "classic" very dark blue colour, a CO2-laser was used. The tattoo on my other forearm has red, light blue, and green colours in it, I believe a Beryllium-laser is needed to remove different colours.

Not sure if I'll bother again, having the laser on your skin is very much like having the tattoo applied, pain-wise. When it was first lasered the blood was running down off my fingers as I walked home. An old Scottish friend (Mad-Hector) very kindly licked it all over the next day, I was seriously considering heading back to B'grad for a rabies shot!:saai::saai::smile::smile:

• Haha 1

There's an aspiring wannabe model in the Philippines somewhere on Facebook who apparently thinks an 80% body tat coverage, including all of her breasts, has transformed her into a Bond girl. Sad.

Edited by Dustdevil

To myy ThaiWife, when asking numerous times if she can get a nose job, i have suggested, " why don't you get a nose prosthetic made up to first see what it would look like. it would be cheap and temporary, before you get permenant cahnge made." I say this because i believe adding a farang nose to her distinct Thai face is not going to make her look like a Kpop model. But she thinks my idea is foolishness... no, you go straight for the surgery and all will be good.  But i've seen many of her friends who go back to the doctors again and again to "fix" the last bit of "fixing"... crazy stuff.

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎10 at 8:40 PM, oldlakey said:

This has been popular in SE Asia for years

The funny part about this is the almost total ignorance of what tattooed eyebrows are all about

It should be done by a suitably trained and experienced beautician with the CORRECT type of equipment not by a normal tattooist using standard equipment

On top of that if its a bodger that does it, well you can see the result

Yeah, but I'm not just talking about eyebrow tattoos ... even my mom had those, and she was born in the 1930s. What I'm referring to is the beauty trend of want fat dark eyebrows, larger than what you would see on men. Many Thai (and SE Asian) women simply use makeup to achieve that effect, and that looks equally ridiculous. But at least it can be washed off ...

9 hours ago, Docno said:

Yeah, but I'm not just talking about eyebrow tattoos ... even my mom had those, and she was born in the 1930s. What I'm referring to is the beauty trend of want fat dark eyebrows, larger than what you would see on men. Many Thai (and SE Asian) women simply use makeup to achieve that effect, and that looks equally ridiculous. But at least it can be washed off ...

Yes the actions of some people is certainly enough to make us sensible people raise our eyebrows

On 5/10/2018 at 9:46 AM, Andrew65 said:

Add to that, those bloody awful tooth braces, and coloured contact lenses, and "the look" can be alarming, to say the least!!:sleepy::saai::smile::smile:

Don't forget the awful large spectacles with window glass hanging on the tip of the nose......

Edited by hansnl