Win lottery and can live anywhere you want

Wake Up

I have won life’s lottery and can live anywhere I want. I choose BKK because it has less government restrictions on life, accessible younger women for rent, great food, lots of expats, cheap transportation and housing and great cheap medical care. I can’t buy a house in Thailand but I don’t really want to and I don’t care about politics or religion or marriage or schools. My adult kids are in USA and I never plan on marrying again. I do wish the air quality was better and BKk had more green park space. 

I read TVF and it is mainly complaints about Thais and Thailand although I have found Thailand and my expat and Thai friends helpful, gracious and friendly. Love to travel Thailand by car for fun. I spend less in BKk for a year for a great life than my sister spends in two months in San Francisco and my good friend spends for two months in Boston. I like New York City, London,  Paris and Munich but I would have to win the actual lottery to live there. 

So if you could live anywhere in the world where would that be and why?

Second more controversial question is why are you not living there now?

2 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Interesting post from wilhamm UK. 

I am vacationing in London and Europe for a while and missing Thailand. Except the cheese and wine in Europe are great and cheaper than BKK. 

• Thanks 1

If I was a multimillionaire I would live in New York.  I have always liked the place.  OK, the people aren't the friendliest, but the city has so much going for it, so much to see, so much to do, magnificent variety of eateries etc.  But I could never afford it for more than a holiday, sadly!

• Like 2

I have won life’s lottery and can live anywhere I want. I choose BKK because it has less government restrictions on life, accessible younger women for rent, great food, lots of expats, ....................I like New York City, London,  Paris and Munich but I would have to win the actual lottery to live there. 

So in fact you can't afford to live anywhere you want so you chose Thailand as the best of those you could.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

Maybe not one place but parts of the year in Switzerland , Czech Republic , Seychelles , New Zealand .

I was on a weekend holiday in Prague the Czech Republic about 25 years ago and I liked it. But I wasn't so impressed that I would put this in the top five list. What is your reason to include the Czech Republic in your list?

Just now, chicowoodduck said:

If luck is on my side this year, anywhere but Pattaya.....turned into a right shi*'hole of a spot and getting worse by the day....???

When do you think this "turned into" happened? I was there the first time more than 20 years ago, then for a while a weekend every few month and now it's probably two years ago when I was there the last time. I see the attraction to have fun for a weekend. But even 20 years ago it was not exactly a place to live (except you like to have every day beer for breakfast).

"I have won life’s lottery and can live anywhere I want. I choose BKK because it has less government restrictions on life, accessible younger women for rent, great food, lots of expats, cheap transportation and housing and great cheap medical care".

While all of the above amenities are certainly important, I would personally give the greater weight of my decision to choosing a society where the people are exceptionally friendly, welcoming and hospitable. For those of us who have spent any time at all in Thailand we have figured out that all the "smiles" are just for show and we Westerners are truly not accepted and are "on our own" in this society. If I had it to do it all over again I would stay clear of Thailand. I lived in the Philippines for 11 years back in the '80's and I found the Filipinos to have a Western mentality and extremely welcoming and accommodating to Americans. I felt as if I was treated with dignity and respect above all other places that I have lived or visited in this world. I actually felt like a king, and that season of my life was the magical experience of a lifetime. Your social foundation will be the cornerstone of your peace and happiness going forward after you uproot yourself from your home country, so choose wisely or your new resident country could suck the life right out of you.

Go to YouTube and check out as much as you can about Bonifacio Global City and also Makati. You will be thoroughly impressed I assure you.  

Edited by fittobethaied
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, mstevens said:

If I was a multimillionaire I would live in New York.  I have always liked the place.  OK, the people aren't the friendliest, but the city has so much going for it, so much to see, so much to do, magnificent variety of eateries etc.  But I could never afford it for more than a holiday, sadly!

So you think everyone in Manhattan is an unfriendly multimillionaire? Yeah, maybe better you stay under your rock. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I was on a weekend holiday in Prague the Czech Republic about 25 years ago and I liked it. But I wasn't so impressed that I would put this in the top five list. What is your reason to include the Czech Republic in your list?

Very nice girls. And beer.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why do you live in rural Thailand in Isan if you want fine art , classical music , opera and theatre, etc.? It's like loving the beech and living on top of a mountain ...

He followed someone from Isaan home and couldn't find the road back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mstevens said:

I once spent a long weekend in New York to visit my elderly uncle who lived there . I spent days touring the city seeing the recommended sites , everywhere I went by bus or metro I found people exceptionally friendly and helpful , advising me if I had to change bus and direction or where to get off .

Though I married an American of a charming family , I have never liked America other than the Appalachians and national parks .  My 2 adult sons and their families live there , but I would never choose to live in America to be near my sons and have little wish to even visit .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1