NE live in village monthly

DJ54

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Assuming your mrs parents are 60+?

Each should get 600 baht a month for being over 60.

So you pay them 5000 baht a month to live with you? House built on their land?

What expenditure do they have if you pay for most essentials?

Certainly no rent or electricity !

• Like 1

The Papa and Mama seem to be ok. Even though they can’t speak English Mama doesn’t ask me for money. Maybe she does through the wife. But then I question it.  

Now Papa he will hold his back meaning it hurts need go to village doctor  and says song lo  baht (200 baht).  Usually always on Friday. 

I caught on quick Saturday it’s when the guys are watching boxing at shop across the street. I’m told he was pretty good Muay Thai boxer

when he was younger (professional or semi). 

Sometimes if I’m in a good mood and he doesn’t ask I’ll give him 200 maybe once a month. If he asks I give him a chore to do like mow the yard (gas mower). 

He tried switching up on me and held stomach it hurt. So I go in the room get stomach medicine. He hasn’t tried that again. 

All in all the Mama (kinda) Papa and Older sister and Brother are ok. 

Anyway thanks to all and enjoy the week! By the way I really like it here except for the rugs on the wallet. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DJ54 said:

My try at getting them to make own money and run business. 

Had a building built on front of lot near road with open cooking area, another room with large glass frig for cold drinks beer snacks etc. One side open with rollup door when closed and a enclosed room for storage resting etc. Wife’s an excellent cook and started a soup. I funded the stock for start up. Business was ok made 500-800 baht a day after paying Mama for help. Basically to keep wife “an idle mind is the devils playground “ from happening. went on week trip to US came back everything in the big commercial type store refrigerator gone. Snacks gone. The famil used it as “The Free Stroe”. It didn’t happen when I was around as I made everybody pay. Even myself. 

Round two:  3 months later. Middle sister and wife do the work and split profits. I funded the start up for goods again. Went good for 2-3 months 

then middle sister and boyfriend took the bank without splitting with wife which was 12,000 and took off. 

Round 3: wife trying to do good wants to start it again. We did lasted two weeks. 

Knocked out out the wall on the enclosed room. 1 section for moto , the other park the two cars. Nice garage! 

The latest I was asked to fund a massgage shop in BKK so when I die or gone the wife would have work. 

They say you can’t teach old dogs new tricks.... I finally said “No”. 

None of them really know how to run a business as I am sure you found out thought they seem to have an endless amount of business opportunities lol

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Martyjustice said:

Just tell them all the $$ are gone. Everyone left around the next month are worth keeping. If you are alone then run away, quickly.
Their only job is you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only one left around will be the OP if he tries that one on

• Like 2

Can I agree with other posters and yourself in “not” increasing the monthly stipend, just purchase extra items as and when necessary. Any I increase and you’ll still be expected to pay up!

i don’t give my MIL anything mainly because there are 8 other offspring of hers that can get their hands in their pockets but certainly will help out occasionally as a good will gesture. The FIL is a complete waste of time. We built a good house for him which didn’t last too long as I had him kicked out for “inappropriate behaviour”, which is great as we have the house back now?? This had the full understanding of the family as he’s always been a vile creature - I wasn’t aware before building; thankfully!

• Like 2

Forgot; business purchasing or creating will probably be s waste of time and money as, in due course, interest will be lost, assets stripped, and land or property sold. A Massage Shop in Bangkok ...... I’m lovin’ it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/15/2018 at 10:21 PM, DJ54 said:

Those of you that live in the NE appreciate your input. I live in village 1 hour from Udon 1 hour to Khon Kaen. 

Me/Wife/ her Mama and Papa live in our house. Pay older sister monthly to take care of cows. Pay middle sister

to clean house. Have been giving Mama and Papa I give 5,000 baht a nmonth. I buy most groceries pay electric etc. 

House is paid for and we built small house for the older sister. 

My question is the 5,000 a month fair and comparable to what other pay?  Reason being I was asked to give 10,000 and questioned why? 

Thanks

One word, 'WALK'.

Edited by Rally123
  • Like 2