ATM count your money !

worgeordie

13 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

So now the manger is involved,and he gets the 1000 THB box out ATM and counts it,

1000 THB over, and he says i am always telling them not to put paper in with the cash.!

regards worgeordie

& I guess the same people always fill it

• Haha 2

And it is always good to use the ATM inside a bank (if available)  or a mall and to be sure there is a CCTV filming you.

This will avoid any issues,  if some crooked or incompetent and careless [employee] has tampered the machine ...

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I never implied this happens countrywide,it is only advice and from

the managers remark it is not a one off, at that branch anyway.

not even saying it is done on purpose for gain,just check your cash

that comes out of the ATM, in 30 years has never happened to me

either until today.

regards worgeordie

Was not questioning that it happened/happens - expect the paper is divider stock after a set number of bills and that it is designed to be removed prior to putting into the ATM canister.  As for always telling someone that may be more of a CYA shift of blame type comment as manager is really the responsible party.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, observer90210 said:

And it is always good to use the ATM inside a bank (if available)  or a mall and to be sure there is a CCTV filming you.

This will avoid any issues,  if some crooked or incompetent and careless [employee] has tampered the machine ...

I dont think banks have ATMs Inside

I had a problem once the machine had to filled with 1000 baht notes

i went inside was told do not have

Hey this is Thailand not our normal country 

I have only had one incident when using ATM's in Thailand and world wide.

The money which I always check has been always correct.

However on one occasion as the ATM was going throw it's procedure the machine suddenly 'Sucked' back in the B10K it was paying out.

I was at my local branch went in and spoke to the ladies on duty.

They had never had such an experienced before and I was told I would have to wait until that evening when they physically check the ATM.

No problems I got my B10K there and then and when I dropped in next day they confirmed my bank account.

john

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lizard2010 said:

No this is Thailand where ATM's are everywhere.  I have never seen a bank without ATM's - they may be in the outside wall, standalone inside or adjacent but they are available at banking locations everywhere.  I love it when ATM runs out of 1,000 baht notes myself as can get a good supply of 500 baht bills which are harder to find and very useful.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

No this is Thailand where ATM's are everywhere.  I have never seen a bank without ATM's - they may be in the outside wall, standalone inside or adjacent but they are available at banking locations everywhere.  I love it when ATM runs out of 1,000 baht notes myself as can get a good supply of 500 baht bills which are harder to find and very useful.  

Some people do not know this

That is why I Stated    I  went inside was told do not have

We all know about where the ATMs are

1 minute ago, jingjai9 said:

I always wondered what I would do if I got shorted on cash at an ATM late at night when the bank was closed. I figured the bank would not be willing to go through the trouble to take care of it the next day. 

No, the bank will take care of it the next day.  Smart to use an ATM outside a bank where they have a CCTV.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

I always wondered what I would do if I got shorted on cash at an ATM late at night when the bank was closed. I figured the bank would not be willing to go through the trouble to take care of it the next day. 

You wouldn't.

The ATM knows how much notes of each denomination it has left and will display a message that it cannot meet your request.

The OP reported a different experience: someone inserted a piece of paper in the stash of 1,000s. That's a fraud and it should be reported to the police. "I always tell them" is not an excuse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonwilly said:

I have only had one incident when using ATM's in Thailand and world wide.

The money which I always check has been always correct.

However on one occasion as the ATM was going throw it's procedure the machine suddenly 'Sucked' back in the B10K it was paying out.

I was at my local branch went in and spoke to the ladies on duty.

They had never had such an experienced before and I was told I would have to wait until that evening when they physically check the ATM.

No problems I got my B10K there and then and when I dropped in next day they confirmed my bank account.

john

Yes same same, except the ATM gave me a receipt for a $2,000 AUS withdrawal without the cash when I was in Sydney, they said this has never happened and they had to wait for the ATM people to access the machine as that particular bank didn't have access to the machine.

I was feeling nervous, next day I went in, sorted, thank you know who.

The only problem I ever had was a 10k withdrawal where no money came out despite my phone indicating otherwise. I rang the bank while still at the ATM. In a few mins they were able to confirm I hadn't received the cash & credited my a/c. 

I had the same as the OP. BBK Big C Super.   The paper was not the same size as the bills, and as someone else posted, it appeared to be some type of divider. I took it inside and was given a receipt and they said it would be credited to my account, which it was. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jonwilly said:

That's called the Spit or Swallow trick.

Edited by XGM

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I never implied this happens countrywide,it is only advice and from

the managers remark it is not a one off, at that branch anyway.

not even saying it is done on purpose for gain,just check your cash

that comes out of the ATM, in 30 years has never happened to me

either until today.

regards worgeordie

And try not to use ATM's that are not attached to banks premises. 

5 hours ago, Lizard2010 said:

"Not have" is the standard Thai customer service auto reply when brain is disengaged or busy with smartphone.

The Krung Thai Bank Sukhumvit near Soi 2 has ATM's outside and inside. If I am about and need funds I always use the inside ATM's if the bank is open. Inside is normally safe from evil eyes; which there are plenty of nearby that bank.

Edited by Cadbury

On one occasion in Australia, I was paid $550 instead of the $500 I withdrew from an ATM. I went inside the bank and told them, caused by a crease in one of the notes.

I prefer to operate with a savings passbook here, better security. ATM's are for emergencies only.

I would never use an ATM here that was not attached to a bank. On one occasion here, the ATM swallowed my card. The bank employee was not too pleased at having her lunch break interrupted; however, I got it back in 5 minutes. It doesn't bear thinking about how long it would take if I had used an ATM unattached to a bank.