Where’s the bloody Vegemite in CM?

Kunjay

Haven’t seen it on the shelves for months. The last I saw was a lone jar at Rimping with the price jacked up by 100baht. 

Theres something going on and on and it’s not good, they seem to have replaced Gods on spread with an inferior paste called Marmite. 

Does anyone one know why Rimping and Tops no longer sell Vegemite?

tooroo

3 minutes ago, daoyai said:

I think I saw it at Kasem, but that was the vegan variety, not sure they have the "bloody" variety you seek.

Which one is the "bloody" variety ?? Marmite contains no meat products, not sure about that Aussie variety !!

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes Bovril !!, my favourite !!

Great on toast .

A lot better than those yeast extracts favoured by the wannabee veggies !!

Also a great warm up drink in the winter !!!

or am I thinking of Brandy........:crazy:

Edited by AhFarangJa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

Nobody has mentioned the third one in the trio yet............

Image result for VEGEMITE MARMITE CARTOONS

Never mind the third one . A m8 called Ron brought me back a jar of Mightymite about a month ago and 2 days ago a m8 called Bruce brought me back a jar of Promite .

He also brought over a bottle of Coopers Sparkling Ale , and Parmesan cheese ..but I digest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

May i recommend Heinz ketchup, an all-American product but a world-wide eating pleasure in place of those foul, smelly and way too salty, sticky pastes?

All American as in made in UK and Holland with Italian tomatoes.:sorry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

You answered the question

They replaced the inferior Oz cr*p with a superior product called Marmite!

:partytime2:

Check out the sludge traps at the local abattoir. It's free. Tastes the same.  

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Here’s my stash, Bovril, HP sauce and teabags..... the Vegemite is the gf’s ! too salty for me!!
IMG_5570.JPG
All bought in the Uk as expensive here ( not complaining, I understand imported stuff is gonna be premium prices ).

I used to bring teabags back from the UK or Australia on my travels (and Marmite and Vegemite, but lets not go there). Because tea is indeed more expensive here. Plus it's not easy to find anything other than Liptons, which is the tea equivalent of McDonalds - universally available but crap. Thais just do not drink tea.

But Eureka! I'd been wanting to try Barry's tea for ages (note my name) and recently decided to order some on-line, especially as they had a limited edition that included a nice tin with 'my' name on. And it is so strong that I can use a bag twice, maybe more but I don't, and even with postage that makes the superior tea half the price of Liptons.

20180518_111314.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I used to bring teabags back from the UK or Australia on my travels (and Marmite and Vegemite, but lets not go there). Because tea is indeed more expensive here. Plus it's not easy to find anything other than Liptons, which is the tea equivalent of McDonalds - universally available but crap. Thais just do not drink tea.

But Eureka! I'd been wanting to try Barry's tea for ages (note my name) and recently decided to order some on-line, especially as they had a limited edition that included a nice tin with 'my' name on. And it is so strong that I can use a bag twice, maybe more but I don't, and even with postage that makes the superior tea half the price of Liptons.

Edited by Panda13