Ais 1-2 Call Credit Deductions?

alixjames

I've been using 1-2call pay as you go for several months now. I have been noticing that my credit seems to be deducting itself. I'm being charged correctly for texts and calls but amounts roughly around 20b disappear from time to time. I know its not a massive amount but it is annoying! I am using a Sony Ericsson S700i and often get messages (not txts) popping up on the screen when the phone is idle - they are not readable as mostly are just squares...I see some English characters in them like 'WIT' and other stuff I cant remember off hand. I have the option to press ok - but I just press the return key to cancel whatever it says. I also receive messages basically only containing the word 'ring' - something about a 'push message' - it seems to invite me to connect to the internet. I just delete these messages, but it seems to deduct some money not long after I get one of these :S

Hope I'm making sense its hard to explain. I have no calling melodies on my phone when I call it. Does anyone know of anything else I could be subscribed to or what I could do to find out what is going on. Hope someone can help,

alix

If you stay permanent in Thailand better you use a "normal" Simcard and not 12call? It's not that the normal is more cheap than 12call, even you can get the record of your total outgoing and incoming calls which isn't possible by 12call!

It's a fact that you have to pay for incoming SMS messages if the sender do not pay for it! Some of this "services" is use to send "bulk" messages via SMS. It's not so much different from Bulk- and Spam- E-Mail services. Some companies paying for this and if only a few from 1000 messages are answered they make some money already!

It's a terrible and bad business but it is business! And you have to pay your part of it because you using a wide open "door" to let them come in!!

Call 1175. Tell them you do NOT want any of the extra services OR messages from AIS/advertisers Etc.. In your phone menu you can also cancel any "provider services".

That should fix your problem.

It COULD be that you have 1 of the packages that comes with a monthly fee and then you would need to change the package. 1175 can do that for you too. And yes; they speak English.

Cheers!

Call 1175. Tell them you do NOT want any of the extra services OR messages from AIS/advertisers Etc.. In your phone menu you can also cancel any "provider services".

That should fix your problem.

It COULD be that you have 1 of the packages that comes with a monthly fee and then you would need to change the package. 1175 can do that for you too. And yes; they speak English.

Cheers!

i got the TGF to call them and several requests now still getting spam.

some plans deduct a fee every month to continue with the plan, the default plan with 12call sux, i changed mine and get free calls 10pm to 10am, have a dtac service as well 5am to 5pm free calls and both together cost around 300b per month, it suits my usage well and rarely go over the 300b

i have a list of the plans for 12call in english if anyone wants them please pm me

With 1-2-Call new promotions are added all the time, and old ones are phased out. At any one time there may be 4 ~ 7 promotions running simultaneously.

Dial *777 from your phone, press 1 for English, and you can hear descriptions of all the promotions, hear which promotion you currently have and change to a different promotion. In general you should check every 30 days, towards the end of a month or at the begining of the following month.

You can also request the details, in English, of all the promotions by sending an email to [email protected]

You can also request all operator-originated messages be sent in English.

My guess is that the OP is inadvertently subscribing to some service (wallpaper, ringtone, calling melody, internet access, etc.) for which there is a charge.