Thaksin wants to return home, says Chavalit

32 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

But the writing was on the wall. Prayuth isn't exactly new to this game. It was crystal clear from the beginning what he stands for, who pulls his strings and what to expect. Not to mention the way he grabbed power and the exact moment. Stupid gullible people often refuse to listen to people that do have the whole picture. Hatred always clouds the mind. 

Clear from the beginning. That's right!

http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2015922,00.html

http://www.dw.com/en/thailands-new-army-chief-takes-office/a-6066746

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

".........as well as instructing his lieutenants to shoot red shirts from the rail tracks above the temple  in the last days of the protest as well as burn Bangkok makes him far and away the worst thing that EVER happened to Thailand!!  "

I think you have two entities confused here mate.

Do you think the shootings from the BTS were done by the  Red shirts?

Yes totally - a few dead red shirts are collateral damage that make the other side look bad - Thaskin doesn’t care about red shirts there his minions and of no more value than the poor farmers his rabid sister ripped off and forced to take their one lives in the Shinawatra Pheu Thai rice scam

5 hours ago, bizboi said:

Yes totally - a few dead red shirts are collateral damage that make the other side look bad - Thaskin doesn’t care about red shirts there his minions and of no more value than the poor farmers his rabid sister ripped off and forced to take their one lives in the Shinawatra Pheu Thai rice scam

I always find interesting that the people who state that farmers have been ripped off by Yingluck are usually the same ones who opposed elections in 2014 because the rice scheme, as a populist policy, would have biased it.....:coffee1:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bangrak said:

You sound like the guys from TMD, disaster mitigation, the RID, all with a(?) finger in their ...nose: 'it is going to rain in Thailand', LOL, where, when, how much, just don't ask (they don't have a clue, just a fat, well paid job, with no responsibility, and a couple of gasping mia nois, and the adapted ego). I don't think you have the same kind of 'advantages', making your forecasts even more 'gratuitous', IMO that is... Hve another one on me, just make sure you're safe to drive, OK? 

Why get so personal?  You actually think get your head out of the sand that your opinion is any better than the rest of us.  This is a opinion forum!  If you think you know the answer please enlighten us all Mr. Know it all and please let me know what is actually going to happen!   Otherwise go back and apply your response to me to yourself! What is your factual forecast? Don't be a hypocrite  because you don't like what is being said. Now get your finger out of your nose!

• Like 1

Thaksin will eventually come but on his own terms and he will return to power, it's in the nature of the man, it's in the nature of Thailand.

And what are his terms?
Full amnesty, if not I will organise further violent protests. Burn city buses, pour blood outside government house, have a militant army equiped with guns and grenade launchers. Burn down shopping malls and town halls. During elections be allowed to buy peoples votes. Be above the law, own the police, install family into high, prominant positions in the government and the military. Run the country to benifet my businesses. Disrespect anyone I want because I'm the almighty Thaksin the popular pm. Rub salt into the wounds of a country that is trying to heal the divide.

Are these the Terms?

Then, come back, all is forgotten my friend. You're a great guy. How's your sister? She's done so much to help the poor farmers in Isan. Oh yes the 30 baht healthcare plan. I thought paracetemol cost 10 baht.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

10 hours ago, candide said:

Clear from the beginning would be since 1932 and 13 successful coups and 20 re-written constitution. Bewildering that some ignorant people still don’t see that the military has institutionized the political system and will continue to stage coups to maintain their grip on the behest of the elites. Thaksin is just a fraction of history of military brute dominance. Who will these ignorant fools blame when Thaksin is gone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Clear from the beginning would be since 1932 and 13 successful coups and 20 re-written constitution. Bewildering that some ignorant people still don’t see that the military has institutionized the political system and will continue to stage coups to maintain their grip on the behest of the elites. Thaksin is just a fraction of history of military brute dominance. Who will these ignorant fools blame when Thaksin is gone. 

Khun Eric, you know pretty well that nothing is white or black but all is in shades of grey.

So, allow me to attempt bringing some nuance to your damning post here about the military.

Could it be possible that since 1932, Siam/Thailand has not been able or willing to breed a class of decent, responsible, ethical politicians, limiting itself to let the most brutal, wealthy or crooked, ...or a combination of, grab and abuse power to enrich themself (and some pawns). The shocking excesses of bringing the army out of the barracks to avoid violent confrontations between different groups?

The army liking life outside the barracks and appreciating the material advantages this can bring, possibly being rather a corollary of the need for them to do something to protect the country, than the cause for doing that something (something = perpetrate a coup, here) to the country for themselves.

What do you think about it? 

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

And what are his terms?
Full amnesty, if not I will organise further violent protests. Burn city buses, pour blood outside government house, have a militant army equiped with guns and grenade launchers. Burn down shopping malls and town halls. During elections be allowed to buy peoples votes. Be above the law, own the police, install family into high, prominant positions in the government and the military. Run the country to benifet my businesses. Disrespect anyone I want because I'm the almighty Thaksin the popular pm. Rub salt into the wounds of a country that is trying to heal the divide.

Are these the Terms?

Then, come back, all is forgotten my friend. You're a great guy. How's your sister? She's done so much to help the poor farmers in Isan. Oh yes the 30 baht healthcare plan. I thought paracetemol cost 10 baht.

Possibly, anything is possible here although I doubt he will be so coarse in his conditions, he will wait for a favourable political environment then march in as Thailand's saviour, distributing high posts and fat envelopes before he deals with those of his enemies who haven't yet left for Dubai or London.

On 19/05/2018 at 7:25 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

Thaksin is never coming back; that is the lesson from the events of 2013 (before Suthep's rent-a-mob took over).

Is that a fair outcome? THAT is the fascinating question (although moot). Is Thaksin much/any different from a hundred/eight hundred/three thousand other Hi-Sos or Military Officers? Is there any 'legitimacy' to his 'conviction'? If there is 'legitimacy' to his 'conviction', would it not be proper or just for hundreds/thousands of other Hi-Sos or Military Officers to be tried and sentenced as well?

Future historians, if they are permitted to write as they choose, are going to have a field day with this question.

I don't think he is that different, but he got caught. There are more serious cases against him he deserves to be in jail (so do other corrupt people). I just wish they treated all corrupt people the same... Mr tick tack look at my watch should be one of them. Thaksin was indeed singled out because the elite hated him, but his crimes were real. I can't wait what the outcome will be of the more serious charges against him. I seriously hate all corrupt officials and feel they mostly get off far to lenient. 

What bothers me the most is that corrupt officials (see the theft of money for the poor) only get sacked and lose pension and if lucky have to pay money back. I never see criminal charges, if I were to walk into a 711 and steal id go to jail (unless i settle it with 711)

12 hours ago, bizboi said:

Drawing a long bow here, friend. So far as I'm aware, the only people saying it wasn't the army were... the army.

And, well, they would say that, wouldn't they?

Still, if your looking for material to support a Shin-hater's conspiracy theory, then I suppose you could do worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

I know nothing about the role of the military and state as being ambiguous. The role of the military should be clear as day in that their principal responsibility is to the state and the people. Politics should not be their role and it’s also beyond the scope of military competence. The participation of the military officers in politics undermines their professionalism. Military officers must remain politically neutral and their profession should exists to serve the state; not to undermine the state. 

The military here here is total unprofessional and corrupted since 1932 and has become a state within a state and need to reform. They have masterminded confrontations to stage coups and re-written laws that reduce people participation to allow them to continue to dominate. Shame you can’t see through the charade repeated 13 times and still think the military is noble. 

Indeed. And, in my view, people doubting what an army should be doing and what the Thai army has been doing, and whom they serve, then they just hven't been paying proper attention. The only people supporting the Thai army in Thailand are redneck Thais (usually Sino-Thais) and redneck foreigners, many of whom ran away from liberal governments back 'ome. Either way, taken in sum, the IQ of any 100 of them isn't very much. My opinion.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

And what are his terms?

Are these the Terms?

Personally, you describe what all the former leaders but doing in some form or another. It seem to fit Chan O, to a T right now. Believe me I don't care who run the place they all belong to the same swamp ( popular word ) and have their own best interest just giving the Thai people crumbs.

It is just my opinion, but he waited until the HM was gone he is asking nicely and has his own supporters and pretty much know anyone who doesn't get with the old school program gets framed, basically there isn't a political figure that isn't a crook in some form in this country.

He is coming and I believe he will set up shop up North,  Thais are pretty much sick and tired of Chan O... he is nothing but a puppet to the current! 

Again, this is just a opinion no different than anything that has been posted so far.

2 hours ago, missoura said:

Found this old sign from Bangkok in 2005. To my way of thinking, the Thais are still complaining about the same cracked eggs in 2018.

Thaksin sign.JPG

Is it already 13 years already!  2 coups, 1 silent coup, 3 Shin ex-PM ousted constitutionally and another ex-PM have to relinquish his position for his cooking show. They throw everything at him including the proverbial kitchen sink and his party is still popular. Maybe the sign does have significance that those complains have not gone away and have in fact became worse under junta rule. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Thaksin will eventually come but on his own terms and he will return to power, it's in the nature of the man, it's in the nature of Thailand.

Never...

The Junta will not relinquish control until he and the reds are dead and cremated one way or another...

5 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Personally, you describe what all the former leaders but doing in some form or another. It seem to fit Chan O, to a T right now. Believe me I don't care who run the place they all belong to the same swamp ( popular word ) and have their own best interest just giving the Thai people crumbs.

It is just my opinion, but he waited until the HM was gone he is asking nicely and has his own supporters and pretty much know anyone who doesn't get with the old school program gets framed, basically there isn't a political figure that isn't a crook in some form in this country.

He is coming and I believe he will set up shop up North,  Thais are pretty much sick and tired of Chan O... he is nothing but a puppet to the current! 

Again, this is just a opinion no different than anything that has been posted so far.

I think you're wrong but I hope and pray you are proved right. Thailand certainly needs him providing he can stay more honest than last time.

Edited by KiwiKiwi

10 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Drawing a long bow here, friend. So far as I'm aware, the only people saying it wasn't the army were... the army.

And, well, they would say that, wouldn't they?

Still, if your looking for material to support a Shin-hater's conspiracy theory, then I suppose you could do worse.

Where as you no doubt have a vested interest in saying your Shin demi god can do no wrong and pulling down the blinkers to the point of total denial - well done though for keeping the army conspiracy theories and red shirt mumblings continuing to echo down the years !!! Where would thailand be without doting red shirt supporting TV posters like you!!?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Is it already 13 years already!  2 coups, 1 silent coup, 3 Shin ex-PM ousted constitutionally and another ex-PM have to relinquish his position for his cooking show. They throw everything at him including the proverbial kitchen sink and his party is still popular. Maybe the sign does have significance that those complains have not gone away and have in fact became worse under junta rule. 

13 years and not missed the criminal for a single day.

His party will remain popular for as long as he throws money at his simple-minded supporters.

I saw him, and his circus, at a rally in Siem Reap a few years back.

Egotist he is, Messiah he certainly isn’t.

• Like 1

13 years and not missed the criminal for a single day.

His party will remain popular for as long as he throws money at his simple-minded supporters.

I saw him, and his circus, at a rally in Siem Reap a few years back.

Egotist he is, Messiah he certainly isn’t.
Simple minded supporters, that term disqualifies anything you have to say. It is the decade old `uneducated voters' the yellows been throwing our way.. They are too stupid to realize the utter stupidity of such remarks, that and the utter idiots they now got. I know who lacks education, respect and common knowledge and no it is not people voting for Thaksin.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Simple minded supporters, that term disqualifies anything you have to say. It is the decade old `uneducated voters' the yellows been throwing our way.. They are too stupid to realize the utter stupidity of such remarks, that and the utter idiots they now got. I know who lacks education, respect and common knowledge and no it is not people voting for Thaksin.

Yes-tho' as a simple minded mantra it has served the "elite" very well and appeals to the innate snobbery of the Thai class system (absolutely stifling) and therefore will be around for a long time yet.

7 hours ago, Basil B said:

Never...

The Junta will not relinquish control until he and the reds are dead and cremated one way or another...

They won't want to relinquish the heroin of power but they may have no choice, another year of the junta and all it  will take is a spark, Thai's are not known for being phlegmatic.

9 hours ago, bizboi said:

Where as you no doubt have a vested interest in saying your Shin demi god can do no wrong and pulling down the blinkers to the point of total denial - well done though for keeping the army conspiracy theories and red shirt mumblings continuing to echo down the years !!! Where would thailand be without doting red shirt supporting TV posters like you!!?

What a lot of nonsense. I have never said or even suggested that the Shins are blameless, and I do not subscribe to conspiracy theories.

And if you keep trying to be offensive I shall add you to my ignore list. It's up to you, grow up and make discussions like an adult or go away please. There's already way too much dross on TV, nobody needs more of it.

Yes, well done! Yes Thaksin Shinawatra can do no wrong. He's still a billionaire. He is still popular with Thai's living in the North and North-East of Thailand. He still makes the headlines in Thailand. As for conspiracy theories they're everywhere these days. Why can't posters say what they want, express their beliefs are you brainwashed, really believe in this reset, restart, reform bs that Suthep spouted. Where is the reform? Taking the power from the people? Having a senate controlled by the military. Having a PM choosen by the military. Banning protests against the government. Having your facebook and other social media monitored for decent.

For me I don't want Thaksin back but I also don't want the junta ruling either. I want full democracy. One man, one vote. No interference from the red or yellow camps. Move on to pastures green.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 4:59 PM, sandrew33 said:

The land transaction wasnt unlawful. Did you even read the single article I referred you to? Did you read about the change to the laws AFTER he was deposed? (From memory the authority for the seizing of assets and for much of the "new" interpretation of old law was a military announcement (number 30) which essentially applied a morals test (whose morals?). 

The Supreme Court found that Thaksin was a defacto supervisor of a fund regarding the land transaction despite this clearly not being the case. It creatively interpreted a provision outside the written word on authority from the Junta despite clear earlier written advice from the relevant agency pointing out that the transaction was lawful. And as the article suggests why was the massively overpaid price from 1995 never investigated? That was a clear use of government funds to bail out a umm VIP from a family that influences the current regime. 

I've dismantled with one article post all of your weak assertions and you want to now argue semantics because you've got nothing left. 

You point to me where the explanations I provded to you in that article are wrong? 

I'll wait.... 

Are you talking about this link that you posted, but that was directed at another poster? http://www.newmandala.org/a-response-to-vanina-sucharitkul/

If so there is still no new law, but if there is another link please do share I must have missed it then.

7 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

quote from your post

"They are too stupid to realize the utter stupidity of such remarks, that and the utter idiots they now got. I know who lacks education, respect and common knowledge and no it is not people voting for Thaksin."

You using that that term surely disqualifies anything you have to say for exactly the same reason.

• Like 2