What happened to Lay tomato flovoured crisps?

thaibeachlovers

On 5/23/2018 at 12:44 PM, David Walden said:

I apologise... I am just trying to bate a few people to get some tongue in cheek replies,  Much better fun then talking about 50 or so people killed on the roads in Thailand today.

One of the things I don't like about crisps/chips is the way they blow out of your hand when you're trying to eat them when riding your motorbike. 

Is there a special technique?

Edited by overherebc

17 minutes ago, overherebc said:

One of the things I don't like about crisps/chips is the way they blow out of your hand when you're trying to eat them when riding your motorbike. 

Is there a special technique?

This is where the tubes could come in handy ... if a designer could make a device that holds the tube and a phone in one hand then you can take the crisps as required with the other, leaving a 5 year old child to steer the motorcy...Easy !!

15 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

This is where the tubes could come in handy ... if a designer could make a device that holds the tube and a phone in one hand then you can take the crisps as required with the other, leaving a 5 year old child to steer the motorcy...Easy !!

As the policeman said when someone reported a large hole in the road 'I'll look into that.'

?????

• Like 1

On 5/22/2018 at 9:41 AM, spidermike007 said:

Avoid the flavored chips, at all costs. They are all filled with junk ingredients. Plain lays in Thailand is now made with rice bran oil, which is a very high quality oil, with almost no unsaturated fat, and no added junk. But, when you add in the ingredients they put in nearly all of the flavored chips, you are adding alot of poison to your diet. Leave the flavored nonsense to the Thais. Eat the original ones, and live a few years longer.

Seems like the bacon and cheese ones are now also made with "rice bran oil which is a very high quality oil"..... 

They may have a few extra flavourings but I don't think you would live a few extra years eating the plain tasteless ones.... 

Not as if chips are supposed to be healthy anyway, is it? 

15273265550555095730362414592523.jpg

1527326614035338747129319808583.jpg

15 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Seems like the bacon and cheese ones are now also made with "rice bran oil which is a very high quality oil"..... 

They may have a few extra flavourings but I don't think you would live a few extra years eating the plain tasteless ones.... 

Not as if chips are supposed to be healthy anyway, is it? 

15273265550555095730362414592523.jpg

1527326614035338747129319808583.jpg

If that ingredient list works for you, go for it. Personally I find it very scary. What on earth is wrong with plain potato chips. I find them delicious.

Controversial additives

The additives in question are from the following key categories: 

• Colours (code numbers in the 100 range) that add or restore colour to foods. 
  • Preservatives (200 range) that help protect against food deterioration caused by micro-organisms. 
  • Antioxidants (300 range) that slow or prevent the oxidative deterioration of foods, such as when fats and oils go rancid. 
  • Artificial sweeteners (including intense sweeteners in the 900 range, and bulk sweeteners such as sorbitol, 420) impart a sweet taste for fewer kilojoules than sugar. 
  • Flavour enhancers (mainly in the 600 range) that improve the flavour and/or aroma of food.

https://www.choice.com.au/food-and-drink/food-warnings-and-safety/food-additives/articles/food-additives-you-should-avoid

On 5/27/2018 at 8:12 AM, spidermike007 said:

If that ingredient list works for you, go for it. Personally I find it very scary. What on earth is wrong with plain potato chips. I find them delicious.

Controversial additives

The additives in question are from the following key categories: 

• Colours (code numbers in the 100 range) that add or restore colour to foods. 
  • Preservatives (200 range) that help protect against food deterioration caused by micro-organisms. 
  • Antioxidants (300 range) that slow or prevent the oxidative deterioration of foods, such as when fats and oils go rancid. 
  • Artificial sweeteners (including intense sweeteners in the 900 range, and bulk sweeteners such as sorbitol, 420) impart a sweet taste for fewer kilojoules than sugar. 
  • Flavour enhancers (mainly in the 600 range) that improve the flavour and/or aroma of food.

https://www.choice.com.au/food-and-drink/food-warnings-and-safety/food-additives/articles/food-additives-you-should-avoid

I'd rather eat no crisps than tasteless crisps tbh 

I only eat the them about once a month so I don't think the chemical flavourings will be my downfall

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 11:14 AM, Kwasaki said:

You can do that here just buy a newspaper.

Does anyone remember looking for the blue paper salt bag in Smiths crisps.

You are going back quite a bit there, but yes, I remember them well. As for Lays, its a triumph of marketing over quality. If you want really good crisps, buy Kettle (I like the sea salt but here again the Backyard barbeque flavour has disappeared).

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, pennine said:

You are going back quite a bit there, but yes, I remember them well. As for Lays, its a triumph of marketing over quality. If you want really good crisps, buy Kettle (I like the sea salt but here again the Backyard barbeque flavour has disappeared).

Yeah going back 65 years or more.

Never heard of Kettle crisps, I've never bothered looking I just grab Lay's crisps in shops.

Edited by Kwasaki