Anyone see Magnum Gold (caramel) ice creams anywhere?

SooKee

Saw these first time in Phuket about 2 years ago.  Almost got addicted to them but not seen them since in either Chiang Mai, Pattaya or Bangkok despite searching almost every store I can think of.  Just interested to see if anyone has come across them, or does.

I think they cost a bit more, can't really recall.  I'm wondering if they were were something they were trialling here in LOS but maybe didn't catch on enough.  They're still available in Europe.

Buddy of mine in Pattaya has aslo been on a mission the last few days as he's keen to try them.  He's tried loads of places and different outlets.  No sign.  He's messaged the company (Walls IIRC) on their FB page and is waiting for a reply.  I've just about given up, currently switched to the Hazelnut.

15 hours ago, Woldenersen said:

I guess this was just some limited edition maybe?

Yes, I believe you are correct. They have their regular flavours, and then 1 limited edition flavour which is around for a few months before rotating to the next one. Latest I've seen was Tiremasu, and now back to White Almond Gold. Perhaps Caramel will pop up again soon.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snooky said:

Video looks good.  My favorite was Chocolate Truffle but have not seen them for a couple of years.  Wish they would come back again.

I loved that one. For some reason they dropped several flavours, which are still available overseas. Like so many things in Thailand there is limited choice unfortunately. And the price of those that are available has jumped 25 percent in one go to 50 baht.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Probably gone to the same place as Lay tomato flavoured crisps.

.....and Blackcurrant flavour Sunquick (a very good Ribena replacement) ?

Edited by SooKee

39 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The 7/11 in Nong Hoi has them. I prefer the Classic, caramel is too sweet.

Some unwelcome information. A Magnum has as many calories as the average full meal.

Surely under Thai libel laws they could sue you for revealing that. Damages their reputation and all that ???

On 5/20/2018 at 4:30 PM, topt said:

Were in most 7/11s in Pattaya but not looked/noticed recently as prefer Almond. Also weren't they 10 baht more than the other Magnum types? 

7/11 in Phuket had them but haven't looked recently.

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2018 at 12:16 PM, SooKee said:

.....and Blackcurrant flavour Sunquick (a very good Ribena replacement) ?

Yea sad to see that one go but in tops there is an alternative bickfords blackcurrant.

• Like 1

Yea sad to see that one go but in tops there is an alternative bickfords blackcurrant.
Will have to try that. Think I've seen it TBH, maybe in Villa, never thought about it but I have used the Bickfords Lime before which is very good.

Sent using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Will have to try that. Think I've seen it TBH, maybe in Villa, never thought about it but I have used the Bickfords Lime before which is very good.

Sent using Tapatalk

What does TBH mean ? I have seen it in Tops not in Big C.. don't come much in either villa or Tesco. Strange that it disappeared. But it was never available at Makro.. maybe the volume they sold was not enough ?