What makes Thailand so unique?

webfact

1 minute ago, smew said:

Unique is filthy beaches, garbage everywhere in ditches, jet ski ripoffs, price ripoff because we are visitors, angry and vicious people if you disagree with them, lies and more lies.

Second realistic answer...

30 minutes ago, bkkgriz said:

You need to get out more. Koreans are unbelievably nationalistic and will go on for hours about their amazing country and culture. Oh, and don't forget the Brits who bring arrogance to a whole new level. Wow, bashing other nationalities is easy and fun. Thanks for turning me on to this mindless way of thinking.

You beat me to it, Korea and Japan think they are superior to everyone. If you've spent any time there or known any of their citizens you will know what I am talking about. The Thais pale in a comparison in their belief of uniqueness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KiwiKiwi said:

No, but then I don't have a line of fat elderly farangs telling everyone how beautiful and unique I am.

True, it's a part of the human condition. But it is like custard - it's lumpy. If you go to USA or Thailand you get more lumps.

Never noticed any difference. People are people.

2 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Simple. Go somewhere else.

Visiting a place you hate makes no sense.

Erm, parade, raining, sorry. If you don't visit, you can't tell if you love it or hate it. One man's meat is another man's poison, some hate the Thai characteristics, others feel right at home. Depends what you're used to and how high you set the bar.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, stevkob said:

You beat me to it, Korea and Japan think they are superior to everyone. If you've spent any time there or known any of their citizens you will know what I am talking about. The Thais pale in a comparison in their belief of uniqueness.

Or perhaps just proud of their own culture and don't want arrogant westerners telling them how to live....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Erm, parade, raining, sorry. If you don't visit, you can't tell if you love it or hate it. One man's meat is another man's poison, some hate the Thai characteristics, others feel right at home. Depends what you're used to and how high you set the bar.

Well true but if you hated it you don't go back or post on a Thai forum.

If you hated yoga would you post on a yoga forum just to express hate?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Justfine said:

Well true but if you hated it you don't go back or post on a Thai forum.

If you hated yoga would you post on a yoga forum just to express hate?

Not sure point 1 is right. I'm pretty sure it's a made-up response. Point 2 seems reasonable, but it the yoga forum is widely regarded as a place where yoga people go to whinge then you might.

Just now, KiwiKiwi said:

Not sure point 1 is right. I'm pretty sure it's a made-up response. Point 2 seems reasonable, but it the yoga forum is widely regarded as a place where yoga people go to whinge then you might.

Made up response is from you lol

It's illogical to keep visiting or living in a country you hate.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Silly tourists will lap this up and flock to Thailand on a "spiritual journey" to "find themselves" in the ancient ways. 

Or you could simply Google "how to make sticky rice w/mango", and save yourself a lot of money.  ?

Will those tourists give the impression of contentment with a look of wonder and bliss or an idiot with a vacant grin?

On 5/22/2018 at 1:53 AM, PatOngo said:

What separates Thailand from the rest of the world is it's unique education system...…...nowhere does it like Thailand!...………………...Who's the best?

what education system????  thats the problem, no education... creating image and saving face is more important..

26 minutes ago, stevkob said:

Guess their intelligence is developed to reject the 'muck' that could pollute them.

Where to begin...............watering the garden in the middle of monsoon is a decent starter. 

Hosing sand off the pavement in the middle of drought.....

Edited by carmine
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, murraynz said:

what education system????  thats the problem, no education... creating image and saving face is more important..

à¸�ลà¸�ารà¸�à¹�à¸�หารูà¸�ภาà¸�สำหรัà¸� sarcasm alert  I suspect  Pat Ongo was exercising his sarcastic talent.

1 hour ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Ir was a euphemism. Nothing healthy about AIDS or STD, or having to wear a condom because you don't trust the women to be clean.

Perhaps I'm just old.

Perhaps jaded would be a more suitable adjective.

It is possible to have sex without needing to wear a condom. That's all the information you're going to get.

18 hours ago, Darcula said:

Nothing like a local artisan wood-working episode to finish off a good story about Thailand. Truly a happy ending!

Happy ending???? I thought you can get it in a massage shop. 

Did I miss anything? 

17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps jaded would be a more suitable adjective.

It is possible to have sex without needing to wear a condom. That's all the information you're going to get.

Jaded? No.

And that's all the information I need or want. If you're married and have both had a HIV test, then there's only pox, clap. HPV chlamydia and a few others to worry about. If you've known her and been together exclusively for 10 years, then you ought to be safe, otherwise, look for unexplained absences, lots of shopping trips and demands for money, they're all indicators of a Thai 'husband' in the mix. Having a foreigner as an atm and a Thai man as a stud is common practice in Thailand, smiled upon by mums, dads, brothers, sisters and others who may be looking for a gratis motorcycle to crash. I suppose the word stud is a variable, given that Durex have to make a small size for Asian men.

And the word for today is... 'amoral'.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

1. The best English speaking people on this planet live in Isaan and work as English teachers, usually at government schools.

2. People here never lie. ( They could lose face if they did.) Anyway, it's better if you don't know all.

3. Thailand must have the most balcony bungee jumping activities in the world.

4. All Thai girls and women love us, foreigners, too much.

5. The educational system is so good that not even one students yet failed in 250 years. Bamboo sticks are used to have more fun in learning how to march.

In the beginning, there's only the educational hub, then the medical, now the article 4 hub of a little, unsatisfied and mentally underdeveloped soldier.

7. The former so skinny and sooo ugly girls become bigger and softer and rounder and rounder. like the American counterparts. And we can save a lot of money for pillows. 

8. You can live here over 20 years, and they still let you do all the fun stuff to get another visa and work permit for another year in paradise with more and more documents that are fun to fill out. 

9. Prizes of almost all have skyrocketed, but good luck that we don't have the burden to have too much money. 

10. Only foreigners are allowed to pay more to get into a national park, a swimming pool, or a morgue. 

11. A joke's hunting us, too many people now try to move around to feel safe.

12. There's so much Formalin in squid and some meat that we can use it for free, should something happen to us, or a relative. 

13. People who told you to fix something at your house turn up a month later to give you more time to enjoy this country. 

14. We may build houses for ten different Thai women at the same time, but if they tell us that we are not allowed on their land, we can't go into our houses and don't see them with their brothers in, or on our beds.

15. The beauties here don't care if we are old, fat, ugly, stupid and bold. They love us how we are. 

Oops, I think it's time to stop here before P. visits me with TAT.  

Come in Pinocchio, our Mum's calling.

• Like 1