The folded paper that is stapled into the passport

Not sure what the name or form # is...

Anyway, I returned to Thailand on May 17.

So my 90 day reporting is 90 days from May 17.

But, the stapled piece of paper says-

"This is not an extension of stay. Please notify your address again on June 3, 2018.

Was this supposed to be changed when I re-entered?

If so, what do I do now?

TIA,

Charlie

3 hours ago, charliebadenhop said:

As always... Thanks Joe!

But is there not a second folded piece of paper stapled in your passport - which is the notification slip of the TM30 form submitted by your housemaster? If there is, then your immigration office may now require a fresh TM30 from your housemaster ASAP - although the need for one does vary from office to office. And it most certainly will not be an issue if your local office is Bangkok (Chaengwattana) since they do not enforce the TM30 requirement in any way.

Edited by OJAS

11 hours ago, OJAS said:

But is there not a second folded piece of paper stapled in your passport - which is the notification slip of the TM30 form submitted by your housemaster? If there is, then your immigration office may now require a fresh TM30 from your housemaster ASAP - although the need for one does vary from office to office. And it most certainly will not be an issue if your local office is Bangkok (Chaengwattana) since they do not enforce the TM30 requirement in any way.

Nor do Phitsanulok. 

I always leave the 90 day report notification stapled in my passport.

I work out the next due date to report, cross out the old date and enter the new date.

That way I have a reminder still stapled in my passport.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

Thanks Tanoshi, I didn't know if that was allowed.

Immigration aren't bothered, they'll use your new entry stamp to work out the 90 days and replace the old receipt (thrown in the bin) with a new report date. You can still make your next report up to 15 days before your next due date of 14th Aug, kindly worked out by UJ.

18 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

Thanks Tanoshi, I didn't know if that was allowed.

Not sure if it isn't allowed but I would prefer to leave the old 90-day report receipt/reminder in the passport and let the IO at the local Immigration Office remove/replace it when making the next 90 day report. Inasmuch as the IO at the outbound and inbound Immigration desks at airports and land borders ignores the 90-day receipt, if the receipt is 'missing', what is to prevent the less honest or more pedantic office IO having a cow about one not having reported before? Since we can't see what he is looking at on his screen, it would be his/her word against yours if the receipt is missing. These buggers love their paper trail as much and some like to find ways to fine the less savvy as it's easier than catching the openly dishonest. If they want to leave stuff stapled inside my passport, that's up to them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know which passport number to enter on the exit form TM 6 when leaving the country with a new passport having been 'checked in' to the country with the old one? I'm guessing the old passport number.

I don't think it matters which number is on it. I would put the old one since that is the one you entered on.

My TM6 has my old passport number on it already.

• Thanks 1

If you report to the Cholburi (Jomtien) Immigrations office, don't remove the paper.  They use the bar code on it to access & update our record at your next 90-day report without needing a TM.47.

I  removed one when leaving Thailand once since I figured the date on it was invalid any way.  I got a polite mini-lecture on my next 90-day report to leave the form there regardless.  I had to complete a TM.47 for him to be able to process my report and then he had to do entries in the computer.  Had I left the previous form in my passport, it would have been done much quicker.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know which passport number to enter on the exit form TM 6 when leaving the country with a new passport having been 'checked in' to the country with the old one? I'm guessing the old passport number.

When I left Thailand last time, I hadn't filled my passport number in the exit slip on TM6. Did't bring my old passport also, I put new number, No questions asked. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I always leave the 90 day report notification stapled in my passport.

I work out the next due date to report, cross out the old date and enter the new date.

That way I have a reminder still stapled in my passport.

If I understand you correct, you do not report 90 days? you simply cross over the old date and put a new?

3 hours ago, Eaglekott said:

If I understand you correct, you do not report 90 days? you simply cross over the old date and put a new?

No. You only make the 90 day report if staying 90 consecutive days in Thailand.

If you leave the Country, then re-enter your 90 day count automatically starts again from the day you re-entered.

When getting my 90 day report in Udon Thani. The Farang next to me

Was asked by IO where the departure card was in his passport. He said wasn’t given one when he arrived. He was told to sit down and wait. Don’t know what the outcome as I was finished. 

So that document for 90 days reports is still stapled to passports? Bloody hell.

Years ago when I lived in Thailand they stapled my last page so many times that it had eventually lost chunks and I got into trouble at airports where they  told me that my passport had been damaged and I was not supposed to travel with a damaged passports. Lol.  Especially at Suwarnabhumi were they picky and I was told they would not let me back in with that damaged passport. I told them that the damage had been caused by their immigration services but who cared?

It's truly hilarious. Anyways, heading back soon (with a new passport) so I will have to find a way to stop this stapling exercise.