A few questions about buying a new BMW in Thailand

On 6/9/2018 at 10:41 AM, BobBKK said:

I was going to buy a BMW but why pay 3m for a 1.2m car?  I just couldn't do it.

was going to ? yer right if you was going to you would have, the truth of the matter is you properly couldn't afford to spend or waste that sort of money. just be honest 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, catman20 said:

was going to ? yer right if you was going to you would have, the truth of the matter is you properly couldn't afford to spend or waste that sort of money. just be honest 

It is a myth.

Just compare the exact model with the exact spec for all "normal" BMW models, like 3, 5, 7, X3, X5, with the BMW Germany configurator. For the most you will pay around 20-25% more which isn't so bad, considering the ThaiVisa myth of paying double or tripe the initial amount.

7 hours ago, IsaanFam said:

It is a myth.

Just compare the exact model with the exact spec for all "normal" BMW models, like 3, 5, 7, X3, X5, with the BMW Germany configurator. For the most you will pay around 20-25% more which isn't so bad, considering the ThaiVisa myth of paying double or tripe the initial amount.

sorry to inform you that you are wrong i have a new BMW 430 i M sport convertible here in Thailand cost me 4.3 million = 100,000 sterling the same car costs 53,000 pounds in England. 

Is that paint or wrap?

That four was badass...

Yes wrap, original paint was difficult to maintain, I could let it glass coat but this is only good for 6 months and 2 glasscoats is about the price of a wrap.

Luk

Although this thread is meandering all the place...I ma now "here" and doing

my research.

Can people tell me what the hold against the Fortuner? Seem a lot of car for the money.

Mazda MX-5 looks quite nice too.

RAZZ

10 hours ago, catman20 said:

I beg your pardon?  I just sold my mini cooper and if I wanted a BMW and thought it was 'value' I could buy one. But trust a TVF poster to troll eh?  I have decided not to purchase as I abhor buying a car that's worth 1.5m and paying double to help the tax man. THAT is being honest.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, catman20 said:

sorry to inform you that you are wrong i have a new BMW 430 i M sport convertible here in Thailand cost me 4.3 million = 100,000 sterling the same car costs 53,000 pounds in England. 

That's right and if you want to waste 50,000 go ahead!  and if I choose not too that's my right it does not mean I don't have the 50,000. I'd be grateful if you rein in showing off about your wealth here and we get back ON TOPIC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Thats the thing with BMW, it brings out the worst aspects.The first post i wondered how the poster cant find a BM dealer on his own. Up to You.

Where I live up in the boonies, hidden away in a back street is a guy that deals in high end second hand European rides, even has a workshop to sort stuff.

I reckon he must have about 50 of all ages in stock. Mercs, BMW, Audi etc..

It is actually a very nice setup considering where it is. :thumbsup: Only about 200 yards from me and often see taxis going there, think folk from the airport which is 10 minutes away.

• Like 1

It’s all about.. do you want a ride or do you want a jewel? Value is not the sum of all parts, value is what you are ready to pay to fullfil your satisfaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

Where I live up in the boonies, hidden away in a back street is a guy that deals in high end second hand European rides, even has a workshop to sort stuff.
I reckon he must have about 50 of all ages in stock. Mercs, BMW, Audi etc..
It is actually a very nice setup considering where it is. :thumbsup: Only about 200 yards from me and often see taxis going there, think folk from the airport which is 10 minutes away.

I think I’ve been there, maybe 10-15 years ago.

Out behind the Nation Tower somewhere, yes?

When I was there they had some old US muscle cars as well...

7 minutes ago, luk AJ said:

It’s all about.. do you want a ride or do you want a jewel? Value is not the sum of all parts, value is what you are ready to pay to fullfil your satisfaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Jewel, we are talking Bavarian Motor Works here....?

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

I think I’ve been there, maybe 10-15 years ago.

Out behind the Nation Tower somewhere, yes?

When I was there they had some old US muscle cars as well...

No, near the lake/reservoir...

The OP hasnt replied, no surprise , but i see it attracts funny posts, even some from a cretin who says he only has his wifes Clonker.! . Those places you mention TA are realy interesting to see just how good they can re build nich market vehicles. Our Neighbour has found top end Volvo Estates only and gets more attention than BMs do.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, IsaanFam said:

It is a myth.

Correct, if you compare the base models sold in Europe vs the models sold here (ASEAN assembled) the price difference is big but if you will try to build the same car on the European configurator then all the difference will suddenly disappear, all of the European brands (BMW, Merc, Volvo) fill up the locally assembled ones with tons of optionals to close the price gap and bring up the perceived value of the car.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

The OP hasnt replied, no surprise , but i see it attracts funny posts, even some from a cretin who says he only has his wifes Clonker.! . Those places you mention TA are realy interesting to see just how good they can re build nich market vehicles. Our Neighbour has found top end Volvo Estates only and gets more attention than BMs do.

Red plates do...:stoner:

• Haha 1

Correct, if you compare the base models sold in Europe vs the models sold here (ASEAN assembled) the price difference is big but if you will try to build the same car on the European configurator then all the difference will suddenly disappear, all of the European brands (BMW, Merc, Volvo) fill up the locally assembled ones with tons of optionals to close the price gap and bring up the perceived value of the car.

You mean like the extra large engines?

I beg your pardon?  I just sold my mini cooper and if I wanted a BMW and thought it was 'value' I could buy one. But trust a TVF poster to troll eh?  I have decided not to purchase as I abhor buying a car that's worth 1.5m and paying double to help the tax man. THAT is being honest.

You do realize Mini Cooper = BMW ?

Luk

24 minutes ago, mogandave said:

You mean like the extra large engines?

The locally assembled cars are usually mounting 1.8-2.0 liters turbo engines (now even the mild hybrid versions) which pretty much the same as the Euro specs (only limited to 210-215 HP to get into a lower tax bracket).

For the rest of the engine lineup, the cars are brought in as CBU (Completely Built Units) from abroad so they are taxed like crazy....

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

That's right and if you want to waste 50,000 go ahead!  and if I choose not too that's my right it does not mean I don't have the 50,000. I'd be grateful if you rein in showing off about your wealth here and we get back ON TOPIC.

Bob i was answering the previous post which in turn may of taken me of topic but it was correcting the post re only that BMWs are only 25% more expensive here. 

I choose not too that's my right it does not mean I don't have the 50,000.

i dont think you have the 50,000  now thats SHOWING OFF ? thats why you sound a bit green Bob, think i hit a nerve. get over it Bob.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, catman20 said:

Bob i was answering the previous post which in turn may of taken me of topic but it was correcting the post re only that BMWs are only 25% more expensive here. 

i dont think you have the 50,000  now thats SHOWING OFF ? thats why you sound a bit green Bob, think i hit a nerve. get over it Bob.

And if we consider the lower gas and insurance prices here compared to Europe at the end of the day the overall driving cost per KM is pretty much the same...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, catman20 said:

Well I don't........bored.gif.54af947a1b1924858ded3ddda252f3a6.gif

9 minutes ago, AndreaPice said:

And if we consider the lower gas and insurance prices here compared to Europe at the end of the day the overall driving cost per KM is pretty much the same...

good point re the gas, got to get in plenty of KM to do that. insurance i think on a high end car is about the same i think