Will local girls prefer me with or without a tan?

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree with the first answer.

Apart from that, if you are really serious about this, would you really avoid the sun if some girls would prefer you a little whiter?

Would you want to go out with a girl if she only likes the white version of you and not the dark version?

If you don't do it completely wrong there should be more than enough Thai girls available to you. If half of them would prefer you whiter and you forget about them there will be still more than enough of them...

I wouldn't overly-stress myself to avoid the sun, but I'm also not going to be oblivious to certain advantages that I can leverage. 

Plus, I wouldn't "marry" any girl that would physically discriminate anyone seriously.

Thanks for your replies. I did initially state in my opening post that I am only talking about physical looks. I wasn't referring to a person's quality character or personality.

I was just wondering if keeping a lighter complexion (since it wouldn't be that hard for me to safely and naturally go darker) would draw more glances my way ( and keep them there).

• Haha 1

You could always buy a bottle or sun tan lotion? They even sell it here. Invariably even if you get Red/Brown/ Black , it wont be even all over. If you just put a little on the back of your neck / on your nose  etc  its gonna look much  better than not using any, not to mention avoiding sunstroke. My GF was obsessed with being white, now shes seen ( internet) all the western models/girls with dark skin, and wants to be like that now ! (Suits me) . A  sort of ' Even All Over'  'Honey/Coffee ' colour IMHO is perfect for the girls. She says doesn't care about what colour my skin is, ( Yeah yeah as long as the bank notes are brown haha). Most Thai girls are non too keen on Indians for various reasons btw.

Edited by Rolanddrums
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rolanddrums said:

You could always buy a bottle or sun tan lotion? They even sell it here.

If we are going to believe that the OP is for real then RD has the answer; sun tan lotion. 

The OPoster could splash in on all over and go out to try his luck; keeping a note of all and any particularly interesting encounters. After a decent trial period (say one month) he would wash off the tanning cream and go out natural; taking care not to let the sun's rays get through otherwise the trial would be compromised. 

Compare notes of the two experiences and report back to TVForum so we can all be wiser.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Some of the posts on ThaiVisa recently, Its difficult to tell

if the poster is asking a genuine question,or is just taking

the piss.

regards worgeordie

Ooops, are we meant to take the posts in The Pub seriously?

Edited by chrisinth
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, InterestedSugoya said:

I wouldn't overly-stress myself to avoid the sun, but I'm also not going to be oblivious to certain advantages that I can leverage. 

Plus, I wouldn't "marry" any girl that would physically discriminate anyone seriously.

A twist, many Thai men, especially late teens, twenties, and more avoid the sun for the exact same reason, they want to be as white as possible.

Why:

- It's the expectation and values of Thais - white is higher class, more attractive, etc etc.

- Girls will find me more attractive if I have white / whiter skin.

(And maybe more)

This morning it was " Do Thai women like men who are taller than them?"; now it's " Will they prefer me with or without a tan?" when the question should be:

"I'm very hairy so should I get a full body wax done or just a  Brazil  before my G/F and I do it?"

• Haha 2