VIDEO: Quite possibly the worst bit of driving you will see

webfact

Offender thought he? was in the right - maybe forgot his glasses. Didn't realize it was a 4 lane road. 

See him flash his headlights, - no attempt to get out of the way. Was not texting or on the phone.

Or suicide attempt?

The camera car was driving to fast for the conditions.....as evidenced by the big spin when something unexpected happened....and of course driving out in the Thais favourite lane instead of the left lane.

White car was just normal Thai driving.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Absolutely... There was no reason for him to spin there !!

Just lack of basic driving and observation skills....

The camera show the on coming car is a long distance a way.

But the on coming car is very close traveling may be 90-100kmh & no ABS  ?

*yawn*

sorry but ssdd. Nothing in TL surprises me any more, I see croutons driving or riding on the wrong side of the road every day, ahile the police look on and don't bat an eyelid. I even saw a RTP office manning a barricade for some pooyay or other, direct a motorcycle and sidecar into the wrong lane, where I had to stop to avoid him. The policeman seemed genuinely not to know why I wound the window down and called him a useless <deleted>.

Where there's no sense there's no feeling, and he *was* being a useless <deleted>.

Edited by KiwiKiwi

5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Absolutely... There was no reason for him to spin there !!

Just lack of basic driving and observation skills....

So it was there fault!! . some people especially girls cannot control a car , there was a girl driving in this vehicle... I hope the passenger was ok . As the on lookers ask if she wanted to go to hospital.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

It sounds as if there were two women in the vehicle. I won't comment on the quality of the evasive action taken.

there was a woman driver listening to the conversation

It is the worst piece of driving only if you have a very short memory and don't remember the last video of the worst piece of driving you will ever see in which a truck driving on the wrong side of the road actually crashed into another driving in the opposite direction. A child was killed in that one. I would say that in the grand scheme of things this does not even make the top 100. 

• Like 2

Be fair to the driver ... she had just a couple of seconds to register her horror of the inane actions of one of Thailand's most wretched drivers. Yes, another driver would have fared better. Then again, how about the driver who froze?

I know this is Thailand and we all know the roads are dangerous but one has to ask such a moronic driver, what the <deleted> he was thinking. Honestly, I wonder under what circumstances anyone normal would even think of driving like that. Not only driving like that but flashing his lights in order to absolve himself of all possible blame and repercussions.

Drivers driving on the wrong side of the road is common here but they usually do so on the hard shoulder or frontage road. Unacceptable but a lot less dangerous.

We should all carry picked handles for the day we ever meet such an idiot and we can render his vehicle less aesthetically attractive. In the style of #teamaunts

Edited by todlad
typo
  • Like 1

After having lived here 34 years in 9 provinces I am convinced that nothing will ever change in my lifetime.The four different languages represent 4 different cultures and is almost impossible for the average Farang to understand. I spent one year 5 hours per day in the university in Bangkok learning everything Thai. The longer I stay here the less I know. My wife tells me that I don't understand Thailand and culture. Guess she is right. After all of these years what else is there that I need to know?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aviatorhi said:

Ayrton, I respect you acting like a dick towards someone who isn't as adept at staring down a car headed straight at them, in the wrong direction, on a provincial highway. I'm sure your experience on the F1 track would have precluded the result while the average schmuck is happy to just not have died.

Piss poor judgment on your part... that's for sure.

I also have to wonder regarding the ones piling on to how terrible driving is in Thailand... you're not going to change the place, if it's a big enough issue for you move on out, otherwise deal with it. Hardly see the point of anonymously suggesting testing and training. The european model of training is overkill to begin with. Basic (not you whiners complaining about which lane is for what, but speed, signaling, and registration/insurance) enforcement and required insurance premium skyrocketing after even a minor wreck would be the most prudent ways to solve these issues.

All that being said, it's not a big issue to me so I just deal with what it is.

and Im sure the 20000 dead each year would have the same retarded sentiment as well.............congratulations you have truly blended in.

ps, Ayrton isnt the best example really...

Edited by kannot
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

And you Sir, with your 1 inch thick specs and arthritic knees, would probably have slammed into the oncoming vehicle. I thought she did well, avoided a fatal head on collision, brought her vehicle to a stop with minimum damage, and her passengers all safe. 

Thats  luck, nothing else, no arthritic knees here and at least the brain still functions also, unlike some.

5 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

A clean pair of underwear, and the driver is good to go.  All is good...

Needed a change of undies AND a wheel alignment check after bumping up against the centre median Island like that.  Coming towards you that is one big problem.  Sometimes it takes a second or two to second to suspend disbelief and decide to just stop or check your mirrors before swerving TWICE.  At a closing speed of anything from 150km to 240km  one or two seconds uses up a lot of road.  And if the avoiding driver was a pickup, what sort of load did he have on?  It could have been 1 or 2 ton of Durian, pineapples or pigs stacked in cages going to market.  That is the part we don't know.  He might have done very well just to keep his load on and remain shiny side up. 

Where I live there is a side road 1/2 a km or so up 331 from a U-turn near the local Tesco.  But the next U-turn is 1.5 to 2 km up the road.  One guy in a truck similar to mine does not want to put that extra 3 or 4 km on his truck.  I often see him come out of Tesco.  He crosses the road at the U turn then drives up this hugely busy highway on the edge of the road but going the wrong way for over 1/2 a km to get to his side road.   One day.................

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

"Worst piece of driving I'll see?"

More like "Just another everyday example of driving in Thailand."

There should be zero tolerance of driving the wrong way, not one metre, starting with the cops.

Don't forget about the Bikes also, to Lazy to cross over, no head light, one day, one day, BAM! OHHH officer I didn't do anything wrong! That's ok The hospital bed will give you time to think it over or NOT!......

6 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

"Worst piece of driving I'll see?"

More like "Just another everyday example of driving in Thailand."

There should be zero tolerance of driving the wrong way, not one metre, starting with the cops.

True i have seen sheep drive better 

I have seen this happen a few times now. Idiots on the wrong side of the road. Everyday driving in Thailand what's new and they never get booked. I put it down to brain dead or no idea what they are doing or no, patience.

7 minutes ago, The Teacher said:

True i have seen sheep drive better 

oh is that what they call those guys in brown uniforms cops? Half of them would not know what day of the week it was let alone the traffic rules. But I saw my old mate cop at the traffic lights this morning having the lights changed to  Manual and he was having a whale of a time holding up the traffic Like a kid with a new toy. While he was having fun cars were doing U-turns at the lights where there was a big sign NO U-Turns Its better than kindergarten Guess he forgot to book them?