Eight die in motorway crash

snoop1130

Eight die in motorway crash

By The Nation

f62e65a9e1690ad0c2e6a55b9ad00470.jpeg

Photo courtesy of @js100radio

Eight people were killed and four others wounded in a multiple-vehicle crash at Chonburi on the Bangkok inbound lane of Motor Way on Friday everning.

The accident involving an 18-wheel truck, a 10-wheel-truck, a sedan and a pick-up truck at the 57+800 kilometre marker took place at 7pm, resulting in a severe traffic jam.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30346816

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-6-1

39 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

I am sorry for the  dead peoples' families, but am curious as to why the scene is in  broad daylight at 7pm on Friday June 1st.  Isn't it nearly dark at that time down in Chonburi area?

Although I can't find an exact description it's obviously a wrong time.

Some sources say 18:00h, other 18:30h.

The images in the reports show that it gets dark during the rescue/clean up.

So 18:00h could be correct.

• Like 1

I was wondering... It had been a relatively quiet few days on the vehicular road deaths front.  But in the end, the law of averages is always going to prevail.

RIP to the victims here and all the other senseless, avoidable road deaths around these parts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cadbury said:

So we can take it that the traffic jam was the worst part of the incident. Not the loss of human life or anything like that. What hope is there if this is the attitude toward fatal road accidents?

None! When things happen on a daily base they are considered 'normal' after a while.

This such a regular occurrence in Thailand the article mentions a traffic jam as if that is significant when 8 people have died

Edited by Dave67
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Get Real said:

Looks to me like the sedan is the winner in this crash competition. Looking forward to the next inevetable one.

Most people look forward to things like Christmas

13 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Most people look forward to things like Christmas

Yeah, I know. It´s thoose traditional types, that ain´t aware of all the new fantastic and modern things that awaits the ones who would open their eyes.

RIP. Its up to the people to decide whether they want to continue the road carnage or not. Until people take ownership and responsibility for their personal safety and the safety of their community , then these accidents will continue. Speed, apathy towards obeying road rules, lack of driving skills, poor vehicle maintenance and zero care factor for other people all contribute to these tragedies. 

• Like 2