if anyone attacks my dog

As a side note....LOS does have Rabies, I never touch or go near a cat or dog unless I know it's history...

I have a very big lady dog that scares the shit out of Thai folk who come to my house, they know the score....Perhaps tourists know the score in LOS too...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Julia Ey said:

Thanks for your opinions, guys. So if people like you just stand near me, I will kick you. Only cause I dont like you. Promise! ?

Here we go again! Another one that can´t realize the differens between humans and other animals. Go buy a t-shirt. You know, the one with the print "People a Iove, and the answer is: Dogs"
I guess you already own one.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

there is a life sentence on hitting a Thai dog, usualy it is the thai -owner who will execute the death penalty the first moment you walk unarmed in an dark street ..........

Dogs from Yorkshire however have no Thai id ,so they are not protected by this law ......

Pretty clear ,isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Julia Ey said:

no, my dog is absolutely friendly. 

Oh, dear...….. I'm afraid, dear lady, that maybe your idea of how friendly your doggie woggie might be - may not be the same idea as the poor tourist that is unlucky enough to be the centre of unwanted attention because of your foul animal.

I absolutely detest those clueless dog owners who cannot see that not everyone is a 'coochie-coo'  dog lover.  The number of times a colleague's, or even family's pet has jumped up on to me, unexpectedly, (which I loathe), - only to say " Oh don't worry - he's only playing....."

I can imagine that you, as the owner of this mutt, is only too willing to let it , (and I mean, 'it'), lick your face, etc, even after the damn thing has just had it's tongue slapping and lapping away at it's sphincter!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Sorry I can't reference a law for you but I can definitely say a natural trait of a Yorkshire terrier  is to be highly territorial.

Dogs are usually friendly to owners/masters but may not be so with all others.

Do you  always keep your dog on a leash when away from your property.    

Where did the biting take place?

Are dogs not required to be on a leash (constrained) when on public land?

5 hours ago, johng said:

Thailand has quite a draconian new(ish) animal cruelty law  with punishment harsher than for kicking a human in the head...you could cause this tourist quite a bit of trouble.

If the dog is "absolutely friendly" why would anyone want to kick it ?

A friendly Yorkie???? Unless of course it knows you. Yappy little things.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 1

Yorkshire terriers were bred to kill rats and mice in the Yorkshire woolen mills, although small they are not a docile dog, I know my mother had one and it bit the Insurance man on his weekly visits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notmyself said:

Are dogs not required to be on a leash (constrained) when on public land?

I also read something like that in the ThaiVisa news feed recently, but I think it's in specified, or signposted, areas.

5 minutes ago, khunPer said:

I also read something like that in the ThaiVisa news feed recently, but I think it's in specified, or signposted, areas.

Oh right... cheers. I take the view of self defence whereby if I am attacked or in serious danger of being attacked then my wellbeing comes first.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, notmyself said:

Oh right... cheers. I take the view of self defence whereby if I am attacked or in serious danger of being attacked then my wellbeing comes first.

Me to...?