Man gives fruit to condemned pig - and 14,000 sentimental shares is the result!

webfact

Man gives fruit to condemned pig - and 14,000 sentimental shares is the result!

7pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Fourteen thousand "depressed yet stoical Thais" shared a picture of a man on a motorcycle giving a pig on the way to the abattoir a share of his fruit.

Manager said it was called "Piggy's last meal" after it appeared on Facebook on the site of Raisara Pream Pream.

They said in their headline that the touching picture caused sadness for the fate of the pig but was tinged with the realistic expectation that such things are meant to be.

Spare a thought for "Jao Moo" as you tuck into your Krapow Moo or pork chops today....

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-05
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Western countries do the same thing ☹️.

It's horrifying, and many years in the future (possibly centuries) will be seen as barbaric as it actually is.

Edit - Our definition of 'civilised' changes over the centuries, so I'm pretty sure that farming animals for food will be considered as barbaric as fox hunting/dog or cock fighting in the future, along with 'farming' animals to kill them...

We're 'supposed' to be the 'superior' species??!! LOL....

I agree. Although western countries have much stricter laws on how they slaughter and they really treat animals abysmally here and in other Asian countries. It's the hypocrisy I hate

"the realistic expectation that such things are meant to be"

Who say's?  it is not 'meant to be' and those Thai bleeding hearts need to stop being so hypocritical.  There is nothing more nauseating than someone claiming to be an 'animal lover' and killing them by proxy to eat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

It's horrifying, and many years in the future (possibly centuries) will be seen as barbaric as it actually is.

Edit - Our definition of 'civilised' changes over the centuries, so I'm pretty sure that farming animals for food will be considered as barbaric as fox hunting/dog or cock fighting in the future, along with 'farming' animals to kill them...

Maybe in the future we will grow meat (I believe they are testing this now). I know its cruel and all but I just like my piece of chicken / pork  or beef once in a while. We might be getting more civilized but in our wars the precious century more people have died as in other wars when we were not so advanced. So are we truly so civilized ?

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

If there is much of a future ... looks like we're on the way to extinction ...

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Haha 1

The slaughterhouse requires an empty  stomach, mainly for health reasons. Seems many here have never been to an Abattoir or understand the slaughter process. However that does not stop them contributing uninformed discussion content!!

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 2:57 PM, wirat69 said:

The slaughterhouse requires an empty  stomach, mainly for health reasons. Seems many here have never been to an Abattoir or understand the slaughter process. However that does not stop them contributing uninformed discussion content!!

Agree entirely with this.

My background has been in farming since 1961.    

I first saw the real slaughter process of animals for the table back in the 1960's, nothing much has really changed except for the names we give to each process.      At least all those years ago the breeding / rearing / growing etc. was a little more humane, now much is factory farming with all it's ills. 

What also happens is that the slaughterhouse waste, including feathers etc. is often processed in to animal feed.

I have been a vegetarian since the 70's and a vegan for many years, the least I could do was to try and teach compassion from the farm side.

Modern advertising showing happy cows and milk or smiling chickens and eggs, even down to "antibiotic free" etc. are nothing less than bad jokes.

Humans will always eat meat.    At least if there is some compassion on the farms the animals will be more healthy, grow more quickly, less deaths and, the farmer will save money on medicines etc., make more profit from having more animals and better quality animals to sell.

Soylent Green and Quatermass 2 always come to mind.     There was a book written back in 1936 entitled War With The Newts which had a not too dissimilar story.