Phuket Immigration - update certificate of residence

nabbie

Hi, today I went to report Phuket Immigration for 90-day notification as usual routine. I am told to update my certificate of residence. 

They gave me the slip showing the exact wording / spelling.

=======================================================

Document for certificate of Residence

In case of the owner or the possesor come to contact by self.

1. copy for the owner ID card.

2. copy registration for house.

3. copy contract for rent.

4. copy passport and visa.

in case of the owner or the possesor cant come to contact by self.

5. Letter of power of attorney with revenue stamp.

10 Bath and ducument No 1-4 

===================================================== 

So prepare to expect that before you go there.  

• Like 1

Hi, today I went to report Phuket Immigration for 90-day notification as usual routine. I am told to update my certificate of residence. 

They gave me the slip showing the exact wording / spelling.
=======================================================
Document for certificate of Residence

In case of the owner or the possesor come to contact by self.

1. copy for the owner ID card.
2. copy registration for house.
3. copy contract for rent.
4. copy passport and visa.

in case of the owner or the possesor cant come to contact by self.

5. Letter of power of attorney with revenue stamp.
10 Bath and ducument No 1-4 
 ===================================================== 

So prepare to expect that before you go there.  
Went there a few days ago and was not told to do This!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Did he pay 300 bht lol

Now you confuse more with money asked for free Certificate of Residence. Yet another Immigration scam ...

Don't confuse .... 1) house registration  2) 90 day report  3) Certificate of Residence

Not same same ... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Confusion between house registration and 90 day report,

Documents mentioned by OP needed for house registration. But 90 day report needs proof of house registration. Confused yet ....

Yes, that is what I am confused why the IO asks me for the certificate of residence instead of renewing my 90-day notification date.

My 90-day notification date : 17 May

I returned here from abroad on 1 June using re-entry.  

No residence address is changed.

I guess the reason the IO asks for the certificate of residence is because of the departure card has been changed. I will go there again to re-confirm my residence address is not changed (even I will prepare for C of R just in case)  & to renew 90-day notification date. Maybe different IO will say different.

Sharing this small experience is appreciated.    

Yes, that is what I am confused why the IO asks me for the certificate of residence instead of renewing my 90-day notification date.

I guess the reason the IO asks for the certificate of residence is because of the departure card has been changed. I will go there again to re-confirm my residence address is not changed (even I will prepare for C of R just in case)  & to renew 90-day notification date. Maybe different IO will say different.

Certificate of residence is not for registering your address it's for buying a car or motorbike!

2 hours ago, nabbie said:

You may have brought this upon yourself by reporting too early. A trip out of the country in theory restarts the 90 day clock therefore you shouldn't report until 1st August, however there have been reports of Immigration requesting a new address notification (not certificate of residence)  within 24 hours of return from a trip overseas.  

But there's so much confusion these days, not necessarily helped by numerous, often conflicting reports on TV, unfortunately. I'm sticking to the old rules until Immigration tell me otherwise.

@ nabbie. Getting back to the original post about the form changing- when did you last do this, ie before the recent visit?

I noticed that when I did my last one in Jan the names on the paper clipped to my passport had been transposed. I checked with the young lady who did it and it was confirmed that this was correct as the form had (as of Jan) changed. 

Just curious as to whether the form has changed YET AGAIN or if you hadn't updated for a while.

As an aside does anyone know where I can get the PoA Tax Stamps in Kamala or Patong as they are proving elusive and I really am not sure how to find the place (or suffer the incnveniencee) in Phuket Town

15 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

@ nabbie. Getting back to the original post about the form changing- when did you last do this, ie before the recent visit?

I noticed that when I did my last one in Jan the names on the paper clipped to my passport had been transposed. I checked with the young lady who did it and it was confirmed that this was correct as the form had (as of Jan) changed. 

Just curious as to whether the form has changed YET AGAIN or if you hadn't updated for a while.

As an aside does anyone know where I can get the PoA Tax Stamps in Kamala or Patong as they are proving elusive and I really am not sure how to find the place (or suffer the incnveniencee) in Phuket Town

Some of the bigger book stores sell the tax stamps otherwise you have to go the Phuket Regional Revenue Office in Phuket Town.

I don't think that you can buy them in Kamala or Patong.

The small shop at Phuket Immigration (where you can buy drinks etc) also has most of the time tax stamps but it is not guaranteed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

You may have brought this upon yourself by reporting too early. A trip out of the country in theory restarts the 90 day clock therefore you shouldn't report until 1st August, however there have been reports of Immigration requesting a new address notification (not certificate of residence)  within 24 hours of return from a trip overseas.  

But there's so much confusion these days, not necessarily helped by numerous, often conflicting reports on TV, unfortunately. I'm sticking to the old rules until Immigration tell me otherwise.

Yup, I agree with your comment (except it should be 1st September). I might be too early to report but my Re-Entry is my first time.

I am really not sure what to do next - maybe I should explain IO again that my residence address is still the same. To find out what the different/same IO will say today.  Thanks for your comment.     

1 hour ago, merijn said:

Just trying to clarify some things:

ADDRESS REGISTRATION.

The requirements as mentioned by the original poster is for the Address Registration.

This has officially to be done/updated within 24 Hrs whenever your address is changed. (return back to Thailand or after a hotel stay etc)

Although this address registration update is not always enforced by the IO when doing for example a extension based on retirement as long the address is not changed.

No fee

No changes at all based on Non O Imm visa.  

1 hour ago, merijn said:

90 DAY REPORTING

This has to be done every 90 days after receiving your initial extension or after returning back into the country.

( this 90 day reporting is sometimes also updated by the IO when doing a new extension)

For doing this no extra paperwork is required except your passport and a (up to date) address registration slip in your passport.

No Fee

I guess my next 90 days report will be 1st September  (I re-entered on 1st June).   

1 hour ago, merijn said:

PROOF OF RESIDENCE

This Proof Of Residence certificate can be required when using other government agencies like doing you Thai DL or registering a motorbike or car for example.

This certificate is not required for doing immigration activities.

Officially no fee but they can try.

I will ignore that in despite IO advises me that but I will check again today. 

I also keep my new departure card with passport/visa. 

44 minutes ago, nabbie said:

No changes at all based on Non O Imm visa.  

I guess my next 90 days report will be 1st September  (I re-entered on 1st June).   

I will ignore that in despite IO advises me that but I will check again today. 

I also keep my new departure card with passport/visa. 

So did you register your address after your latest return to Phuket?

I got the same piece of paper doing a 90 Day report at counter number 1yesterday.

Serious IO said make new address notification, this one old.

Yes mine was done in 2 09 2015. He said need updating for my passport.

So it will be done.

They make the rules and do not disobey them.

You will come up very short now, if you tell the IO how to do his or her work.

Edited by Inepto Cracy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi again, I just got back from Phuket Immigration,

You are all correct that I must register my house address after I returned here using Re-Entry.

In despite, there is a powercut during my processing for 5 minutes, all went well. And the old 90-day slip is replaced by the new one without date. He explained me there is already a Re-Entry stamp with date. That is it. 

By the way, thank you very much for your help & please close this enquiry.     

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

I got the same piece of paper doing a 90 Day report at counter number 1yesterday.

Serious IO said make new address notification, this one old.

Yes mine was done in 2 09 2015. He said need updating for my passport.

So it will be done.

They make the rules and do not disobey them.

You will come up very short now, if you tell the IO how to do his or her work.

Did you leave Thailand or stay in a hotel etc after 2 09 2015 ?

In that case you should indeed update your address registration.

Other possibility is is that the immigration database was screwed up.

I had this one time in which the address was changed to a address where i never heard of.

5 minutes ago, merijn said:

Did you leave Thailand or stay in a hotel etc after 2 09 2015 ?

In that case you should indeed update your address registration.

Other possibility is is that the immigration database was screwed up.

I had this one time in which the address was changed to a address where i never heard of.

Ok, yes I go out of Thailand once a year. I have stayed at quite a few different hotels around Thailand since 2015. I am on a Permit to Stay due to Retirement with multiple entry.

So Not a problem to update this on my next 90 days, as it is the same day I have to do the whole yearly Permit to Stay re Retirement and do a Multiple Entry Stamp the same day. Then the come back tomorrow for your passport.

I wish that after 12 years of living here, we could get an ID type Immigration card and just come and swipe the thing through a reader every 90 days, if nothing has changed.

Ok back to reality now.

11 minutes ago, nabbie said:

Hi again, I just got back from Phuket Immigration,

You are all correct that I must register my house address after I returned here using Re-Entry.

In despite, there is a powercut during my processing for 5 minutes, all went well. And the old 90-day slip is replaced by the new one without date. He explained me there is already a Re-Entry stamp with date. That is it.  

By the way, thank you very much for your help & please close this enquiry.     

"And the old 90-day slip is replaced by the new one without date. He explained me there is already a Re-Entry stamp with date. "

A 90 days report without a new 'report before date'? Very, very strange, I think there may be some misunderstanding here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

"And the old 90-day slip is replaced by the new one without date. He explained me there is already a Re-Entry stamp with date. "

A 90 days report without a new 'report before date'? Very, very strange, I think there may be some misunderstanding here.

Sorry for confusing, I realise there are two notification slips in my passport. The old one for 90-days is still there and another notification is about alien's address.     

5 hours ago, madmitch said:

I too had read about going to do a TM30 within 24 hours of landing in Phuket.

I asked the IO when I came in on the 31st May and she told me no need, just 90 day report from 31st May.

2 minutes ago, nabbie said:

Sorry for confusing, I realise there are two notification slips in my passport. The old one for 90-days is still there and another notification is about alien's address.     

Yes, that's what I thought, and which was the cause of the confusion from the beginning.

Your old address notification had to be redone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nurseynutcase said:

I too had read about going to do a TM30 within 24 hours of landing in Phuket.

I asked the IO when I came in on the 31st May and she told me no need, just 90 day report from 31st May.

You'll probably find that the Ins at the airport and those at the Immigration Office are on totally different wavelengths!

What you've said is what always used to be the case (assuming you mean reporting at the end of August). 

I said on another thread that between now and my retirement extension I'm leaving the country four times, staying a few weeks in another province and staying in hotels in Thailand. I won't need another 90 day report before then and I certainly have no intention of reporting my address every time I get back to Phuket!

When you fill in your arrival card at immigration you fill in the address where you will be staying. The io inputs this info nto the computer. 

Wby would you dupicate this by going to to immigration again to fill out a tm 30