Mob of villagers attack man who tried to rape autistic girl, 19

webfact

7 hours ago, Darcula said:

Couldn't control his excitement on seeing the police. What a relief!

Starting to think you are slightly off centre Darc.   Maybe this chap wanted a pee pee just as the old bill came along.  His little chap was out so he did with it what nature had in mind .  OK some went on his trousers , happens to all of us at some time.  Is there more to this story ?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SABloke said:

In this case, 'good' perhaps, but mob mentality is dangerous: A bunch of people took the word of a loudspeaker announcement that someone was guilty of a crime and then beat the crap out of him. Imagine someone's pissed off at you and to "get you" makes an announcement that you've done A or B. ?

You are 100% correct Sir. For all the reasons you give. 

BUT

In a Country where almost total Lawlessness abounds. Coupled with almost ineffective Policing. And inappropriate sentencing. This is what you get.

hue and cry

The pursuit of a felon announced with loud shouts to alert others who were then legally obliged to give chase.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, greenchair said:

A crime is a crime. 

The people involved in the beating really need to be arrested. 

Should be given medals. And maybe some rope to finish the job

Edited by Cancerian
Miss spell

8 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

No they weren't, according to the report. They tried to cover up the existance of the would-be rapist. They are complicit in the crime.

I can't understand why they were released then, eg why lie that they were not together, (has that been confirmed), i.e. they were actually all part of the same crew ? or could it be that this dipstick was on his own, or he disappeared from the crew and took advantage of the girl, knowing fully where she lived, as it was reported that he was there before, or could it be that they all wanted a go, but why weren't they there ? Where were they caught, why lie, too much confusion for my liking, but the cops wouldn't have let them go if they didn't think they were innocent and wouldn't be the first time TVF jump the gun on a story IMO. More info required !

5 hours ago, rkidlad said:

As much as the guy deserved a good beating, you just can't do it. It sets awful precedents in society when people think they can take the law into their own hands. Like a poster said before - if you can just get on a loudspeaker and have 100 people attack someone on your word, that's very dangerous. Live in an environment like that and everyone will just be on edge. As soon as you have an innocent person mistakenly attacked, you lose any and all credibility. 

Hold the person down and call the police. You have to look at the bigger picture. 

People tend to take the law into their own hands out of frustration when the law of the land is incapable of administering true justice!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

As much as the guy deserved a good beating, you just can't do it. It sets awful precedents in society when people think they can take the law into their own hands. Like a poster said before - if you can just get on a loudspeaker and have 100 people attack someone on your word, that's very dangerous. Live in an environment like that and everyone will just be on edge. As soon as you have an innocent person mistakenly attacked, you lose any and all credibility. 

Hold the person down and call the police. You have to look at the bigger picture. 

No need to hold him down in this case as it seems he wasn't capable of bolting, the locals made sure of that. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

Scum pure scum, police should have left him, let the villagers fix it.

There would be no need for incarceration or court.

Show mercy through justice as this man seems to have been in deep shit all his working career...:coffee1:

Edited by ttrd

1 minute ago, ttrd said:

Show mercy through justice as this man seems to have been in deep shit all his working career...:coffee1:

That's the same mercy he was to inflict on the poor girl, yes - well that's ok then. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Starting to think you are slightly off centre Darc.   Maybe this chap wanted a pee pee just as the old bill came along.  His little chap was out so he did with it what nature had in mind .  OK some went on his trousers , happens to all of us at some time.  Is there more to this story ?

Pee pee, I think most of us in here can be considered adults.... 

Just now, Artisi said:

Pee pee, I think most of us in here can be considered adults.... 

Based on the posts - definitely not....:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I recall a few year back some sunday rag in the uk published pics and names of convicted paedophiles. 

Several mobs of mentally  challenged great unwashed went on to put the windiws out of establishments with a shingle proclaiming 'pediatrician'.

Speaks volumes about many of the brits sadly ( not all some ). Good old back home eh.

Thats the problem with young thick hotheads and indignant old fogies...they want punishment now regardless of knowing all the facts.

In this instance it was a horrible crime but do we know all the facts.

For many on tv ( not all ) facts are a distraction when baying for blood commences. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rkidlad said:

And be happy with a 500 baht fine? Mob justice exists for a reason - without it, there is little justice.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

And be happy with a 500 baht fine? Mob justice exists for a reason - without it, there is little justice.

I doubt people’s first thought was he will only get a 500 baht fine. Their actions were visceral. 

Again, I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve a beating. I’m saying you have to look at the bigger picture. 

I just know that if my autistic daughter had earlier reported that the man had previously attempted to rape her, I would not leave her alone, especially while these dirtbags were littering humanity with their presence in the area.

21 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Just watched a programme

( BBC) reporting on PNG. The story was that one person claimed someone in the next village was a witch. First village mob went to the other village and burned all the houses. Later the people from the burned village went to the first village and burned all their houses. Years later it's still going on.

Hard to have much compassion for this guy. Sounds like vigilante justice, which is sometimes not a bad thing! The courts would have probably gone pretty easy on this worm. The villagers certainly did not. And as far as his co-workers go, certainly they had some sense of what was going on. Why were they waiting outside, which he was in the house alone with the girl? These kinds of beat downs are the kinds of things most people remember. I would refer to it as social reform. More than likely, it will result in a change of behavior, more respect for others, and a greater sense of caution, when it comes to really stepping over the line next time around. And society is all the better for it. Holding the person down, and calling the police, as stated above only works if you have an effective law enforcement system, and a competent, objective, fair judiciary. None of which exists here. When law enforcement becomes revenue collection, it does not inspire much confidence. And when the judiciary is weak, corrupt, anemic, and not fair minded, the same holds true. The people know what time it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Just watched a programme

( BBC) reporting on PNG. The story was that one person claimed someone in the next village was a witch. First village mob went to the other village and burned all the houses. Later the people from the burned village went to the first village and burned all their houses. Years later it's still going on.

PNG is one of the most primitive, violent, lawless, out of control countries on the planet. Not a good example to cite.