Clear a long overstay!?

19 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

I hope you are aware that whoever corrupt official you bribed has your PP info and probably your address info in Thailand. Be prepared for more to come...

Further, I guess it's alway possible someone will query the illegal in/out stamps because of shape / misshape compared to the real stamps and lots more.

Like telling a lie, there's always the chance some tiny action, a few words spoken some, an idle item that looks fine but for some strange reason sparks attention and the lie teller gets caught out.

If this happens re your stamps you may well suddenly be the center of attention and charged with fraud / bribing an officer... 

Edited by scorecard
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Further, I guess it's alway possible someone will query the illegal in/out stamps because of shape / misshape compared to the real stamps and lots more.

Like telling a lie, there's always the chance some tiny action, a few words spoken some, an idle item that looks fine but for some strange reason sparks attention and the lie teller gets caught out.

If this happens re your stamps you may well suddenly be the center of attention and charged with fraud / bribing an officer... 

2003 springs to mind. ?

• Like 1

12 years how long does your passport last for in the U.K. it’s 10 years which is good compared to other countries. 12 years OV and there’s me worried about my 2 day being late for my 90 day reporting 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I would guess he had a new blank passport with no stamps in it. Then that new passport left the country without being stamped, then it entered another country and returned to Thailand with a new entry stamp being done.

That seems to be the only way.

Still, thinking about it the old passport has to be stamped out twelve years ago.

Would the embassy involved issue a new passport to replace one that would have been a minimum of two years out of date or wouldn't they care about the fact that the holder would have been here illegally for years?

I still see future problems for the passport holder.

Edited by overherebc

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

I hope you are aware that whoever corrupt official you bribed has your PP info and probably your address info in Thailand. Be prepared for more to come...

Or get a new Passport soonest! :shock1:

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

I have a mental picture of a passport with 12 years worth of stamps missing or did someone sit down in front of a computer and enter the required number of out/in journeys and then add all the stamps and date them?

Or would it be stamped out on the due date 12 years ago and then a new entry 12 years later.

If the later is the case how would that fit as most passports have a max 10 year validity?

To many questions to be answered.

Spain seems to be the only place that issues lifetime passports but only if you are 70 +.

You can renew your passport by mail from Bangkok, while you're on overstay, I've done the same thing. At the UK passport building (Trendy on soi 13) they didn't care what my overstay status was. Then I picked up my new passport, the old one had the corner cut off, and when I finally left the country (after saving tons of money and hassle) I showed them the old one, overstay stamp was put in the new one, and off I went, with the officers all smiles and giggles. 

I feel happy for you ! These law are stupid and if I had the balls I would have also overstayed.

Which you the best and the worst to anybody who will reply you that you should be deported and banned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1