Dear Sir/madam: Sorry..... we don't accept ladyboys

webfact

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope.

It's not your decision.

If a transgender woman wishes to be addressed as she then that is her right.

Doesn't do me any harm to respect her wishes and I really don't get the vitriol it raises in others.

It is my decision to

1 free speech

2 think what I want

A male is a male. If a male pretends to be a female it's still a male. He is only fooling himself.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, teatree said:

This is a public forum.  If you want to have a private conversation then do so.  Otherwise, expect interjections in response to your comments.

Thank you, teacher!

I am expecting responses to my comments, but made it clear to a certain user (yesterday already) that I really don't care for an interaction with him anymore.

And since I am not answering his dumb, insulting and bigoted comments anymore, I though, he could grant me the same courtesy with my intelligent, to the point comments!

Guess, I was wrong!

Just now, Justfine said:

It is my decision to

1 free speech

2 think what I want

A male is a male. If a male pretends to be a female it's still a male. He is only fooling himself.

Doesn't change the fact that it was wrong to discriminate against this potential employee on the grounds she is a transgender woman.

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope.

It's not your decision.

If a transgender woman wishes to be addressed as she then that is her right.

Doesn't do me any harm to respect her wishes and I really don't get the vitriol it raises in others.

Would you enforce this by law?

I try to refer to a lb or Tom as she or he.

20 hours ago, greenchair said:

He's a man. He'll always be a man. He is a transgender male. Even if his knob is cut off with his danglers, he'll still be a male. The transgender that understand and accept this don't have the same problems as transgenders that insist they are a female and want everyone else to play pretend. What's wrong with saying, I'm a man and I like to behave feminiely and I'm fine with that. 

Get real. 

You really don't understand biology, do you?

• Like 2

I really don't understand the rampant homo- and transphobia on this thread!

Or as Louis CK once said: "No one is being gay (or trans, I might add) at you!"

So what do you care, how they live, what they identify as and what they want to be addressed at?

And as long as you are not forced to interact with them (which you are not), why would you care?

There is no dissent about the fact, that some jobs are not for women...men...or those who identify as either!

But if that is not made clear in the job-description (Looking for a bearded male- model...etc), then every person is per se okay to apply, based on the qualifications!

Of course, no one should be employed if there are more qualified candidates available- but also no one should be denied, if her/his qualifications are clearly good, just because of who they are or what/who they identify as.

And yes: please be so clever and lie, if you are biased against anyone!

Just think about, how you would think, if the company declined the candidate with the words "Sorry, we don't employ Negros or Jews etc..."

Oh wait...I guess, some of you wouldn't even have a problem with that, because...values!?

:coffee1: 

Edited by DM07
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DM07 said:

So a person, who for some reason, can not bare children is - by your own stupid definition- not a woman!

Many infertile women will thank you for that! 

The only thing you refuse to, is "educating yourself"!

Not surprising, though!

They still have the parts that define them as a woman. 

I do support transgender and their unusual predicament. 

But males that cut their penis off are not women. 

And females that sew on a penis are not men. 

An apple is always going to be an apple. 

An apple can never be a banana. 

People should just accept themselves for who they are and stop being a square peg trying to fit in a round hole. 

They are forever in conflict. They should really be refered to as transgender people. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, greenchair said:

People should just accept themselves for who they are and stop being a square peg trying to fit in a round hole. 

They are forever in conflict. They should really be refered to as transgender people. 

A) that was not the point you made! Not my problem!

B) Apples and Bananas fall very short in the field of human psychology 

C) There are things to the human psyche, that you (obviously) fail to understand or have no interest in - I find the later rather more disturbing, because being dumb is one thing. Being ignorant and simply don't care, a completely other story!

D) "People should just accept themselves..." First: yeah...it is just that easy! People with depressions should also accept, that they are a little sad, sometimes! What's the big deal?! Second: THEY accept themselves! They are transgender women or men! YOU (and the hater crowd on this thread) don't!) 

Edited by DM07
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

unless of course there is a post to be filled for a recruitment person for the SAS, a diplomat for Saudi Arabia or a marriage guidance councillor, it all depends on the job and why open a can of worms anyway, do we have to have a transgender toilette ? will the staff accept this person?, will my customers have a problem ? etc. easier to take someone less confused.

Recently took a leak in Central Shopping Plaza in Pattaya (nice toilets). As I finished, a ladyboy came out of one of the cubicles. She went across to the ladies toilets to wash her hands. Confusing but made me smile. It's the beauty of Thailand, everyone can go their own way without fear of being reproached by bigots.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Doesn't change the fact that it was wrong to discriminate against this potential employee on the grounds she is a transgender woman.

We might only differ on the ground that 'he' can never be a 'she'  it's in the chromosomes and no matter what he or she desires you can't change those!  However,  I do get that it is each persons choice but I can't go so far as to say he IS a she just that he/she wishes to live and be identified that way.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

We might only differ on the ground that 'he' can never be a 'she'  it's in the chromosomes and no matter what he or she desires you can't change those!  However,  I do get that it is each persons choice but I can't go so far as to say he IS a she just that he/she wishes to live and be identified that way.  

I see no reason why a persons wishes cannot be respected.

"he" and "she" are words we as a species have created as a pronoun.

I'm happy for anyone to choose the pronoun they feel identifies them.

Really not a problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, greenchair said:

What if a plant hybrid produced a banapple?

• Confused 1

Just now, Bluespunk said:

I see no reason why a persons wishes cannot be respected.

"he" and "she" are words we as a species have created as a pronoun.

I'm happy for anyone to choose the pronoun they feel identifies them.

Really not a problem.

I don't disagree. But you agree they can never BE another sex as evolution and physiology has decreed their sex at birth they can only 'choose' to be identified as such. However much my beloved cat thinks she's a human, and identifies as such, does not make her one.

9 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I don't disagree. But you agree they can never BE another sex as evolution and physiology has decreed their sex at birth they can only 'choose' to be identified as such. However much my beloved cat thinks she's a human, and identifies as such, does not make her one.

If a transgender woman wishes to be a she, that's fine with me.

It really is.

• Like 1

Just now, Justfine said:

A he can't be a she. Shes are born shes.

Pretend doesn't count.

Well I am trying to get to the point, and many LBs insist they are 'she's',  that biologically they cannot be a 'she' but if they want to identify that way then why not and we can protect that right.

If a white person wants to identify as black (and this has happened) it doesn't change their skin colour or the biological facts.

7 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Well I am trying to get to the point, and many LBs insist they are 'she's',  that biologically they cannot be a 'she' but if they want to identify that way then why not and we can protect that right.

If a white person wants to identify as black (and this has happened) it doesn't change their skin colour or the biological facts.

Sorry, but this is a false equivalency!

You don't get born in a "white" body and "feel black"!

That just does not happen.

You may adopt a "black"- lifestyle...although, I have no idea, what that might look like...but it is a LIFESTYLE and thereby a choice! 

Again: no one wakes up one day and thinks "I feel kind of womany, today and I think, I will start to wear dresses and dwell in the joys of menstruation!"

59 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Regular people  Bigoted dinosaurs (i.e. Trumptards) are sick of pc stuff and won't change to please minorities the majority.

Edited for accuracy.

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

However much my beloved cat thinks she's a human, and identifies as such, does not make her one.

True, but it shouldn't prevent you from treating her as human (as per her wishes) and expecting others to do the same! ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2018 at 8:51 AM, greenchair said:

There are many companies that lose a lot of business because their staff are ladymen. Then there are many companies that gain a lot of business because they hire mostly or all ladymen. It depends on the needs of the company and their customer base. It's ludicrous not to consider the grassroots issues. They are over 18, they are not boys at all. They are men. Or transgender men to be precise. Most understand this and prosper very well in the areas of life where they can excel. Such as healthcare services, in the beauty industry, elderly care, fashion, jewellery. A company that was involved in male body building might not be suitable. Be who you are and get over it for goodness sake. 

They are men. Or transgender men to be precise.

Don't you mean transgender women.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Several issues are being conflated here.

While I agree that gender is generally immutable and does not change simply because one wants it to be so I also have deep sympathy with this ladyboy. Here's why.

In the west we are constantly hearing news about whiny feminists, trans people and social justice warriors complaining that they want to be known by weird made-up pronouns or other negligible imputations against their feelings.

Meanwhile here in Thailand, ladyboys do not complain endlessly or attempt to force acceptance on others. They generally just get on with their lives so all credit to them.

An employer under Thai Labour law does not have the option of discriminating against someone based on age, gender or ethnicity. It's really as simple as that. No ifs, no buts . . .

Ladyboys, supposing they have the necessary experience and/or credentials for the job are capable of performing that job. The nonsense about them being more likely to flirt etc is just that; nonsense. There may be individuals of all genders who are less likely to be professional, but that's it!

Be glad you live in Thailand where you can at least voice your concerns over political correctness and transgender people. In the west you posters who "discriminate" would probably be getting tracked by your ISP as we speak, only to be sacked from your jobs later.

Thank God for Thailand and Ladyboys, I say!  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/19/2018 at 2:28 PM, Just Weird said:

Of course they know who they are, we all know who we are, it's what they are that is the subject.

Katoeys want everyone to pretend, just like they do, that they are women, that they are something that they are not.  They are not women, they are men, and if they cannot fit into a normal society because of their own choice to be abnormal, and their own pretence, that is no one's fault but their own and they should learn to live with it.

<deleted> where do you get off

(A) insisting ladyboys are pretending? Do you know any? None that I have met are trying to fool anyone. They are men who live their lives as women and are often better at it than genetic women! They do not pretend except rarely.

(B) Deciding you are the arbiter of "normal or abnormal" 

It's not a matter of choice, it's who they are. Just as you are a bigot, so they are ladyboys. You can hide it and so can they . . . .but should either of you have to hide your true selves?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RawboneFunksta said:

Another wrong headed post.

A high percentage of the hookers you may see in Pattaya or around soi 4 in Bangkok may be violent BUT most typical Thai ladyboys are not violent. I have to say that I have met hundreds and never experienced violence. 

It's interesting that "straight" men have such an axe to grind about ladyboys.

What do you care?

This post is simply about someone standing up to discrimination.

Most of you would be quick to complain about Thailand's dual pricing in National Parks and that's far less crucial to your existence.

Jeez! 

Why are you so angry about ladyboys?

Perhaps your body is saying . . .

Body: mmmnn I am excited by that ladyboy.

Mind: Oh God, I'm gay!!!!!

Body: Punches ladyboy or has sex with ladyboy

Mind: overcome with guilt and posts intolerant remarks on TV

You met hundreds but reckon others are gay? 55555

Average people don't hang out with hundreds of ladyboys.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, RawboneFunksta said:

<deleted> where do you get off

(A) insisting ladyboys are pretending? Do you know any? None that I have met are trying to fool anyone. They are men who live their lives as women and are often better at it than genetic women! They do not pretend except rarely.

(B) Deciding you are the arbiter of "normal or abnormal" 

It's not a matter of choice, it's who they are. Just as you are a bigot, so they are ladyboys. You can hide it and so can they . . . .but should either of you have to hide your true selves?

So you're the expert on ladyboys hey? Ok. 

Good luck with your chosen lifestyle.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1