Thai woman falls to death from Pattaya apartment building - Australian boyfriend held for questioning

webfact

7 hours ago, chippendale said:

To the commenters above ... make up your mind, CSI Thaivisa. :coffee1: She jumped, slipped or was pushed?

..well, only one person needs to make up their mind and that is the Coroner..best wait for that..RIP young woman.

4 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Well if you had a choice why not go to a higher floor as is the case in most 'jumpers' to ensure certainty?  anyway there are much better methods don't you think?  Everyone here is assuming all is 'as it seems' and we don't know.

You mean like when you live on the fifth floor and are suicidal, you just go knock a door a few floors higher and ask, do you mind I jump from your balcony?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, oldrunner said:

With the number of "jumps" being reported, it seems that most are the result of alcohol, depression, failed romance,or unrequited love. Unlike other forms of death, jumping from heights is almost always an irrevocable decision.

As they are are over the world . Depression is a terrible affliction 

Ask one who knows 

• Like 1

I see in the video a medic giving the woman body compressions. She had fallen from a height and likely the woman had broken ribs and internal bleeding. I`m no medical expert but surely pushing hard on her body with compressions would have made her injuries much worse and lowered her chances of survival even more.

In most of these cases I fail to see how it`s possible to accidentally fall from a balcony unless actually climbing onto the railings and why I consider many of these deaths suspicious or possibly deliberate suicidal jumps.

• Thanks 1

Not going to speculate who, why , what or if.

Will note, Thai women trying to commit or committing suicide is NOT an uncommon behavior when relationships go sour or about to go sour or sometimes just to get attention.

Some 15 years ago, i had rent by day gf, who threatened to jump from 26th floor after spending 2 nights together, because i did not want to rent her for another night.

I opened the balcony door for her, thankfully she did not do that, instead she grabbed knife and started slashing her wrists.

RIP young lady as for the guy, hope you get a fair deal, if not guilty

• Like 2

Threeeyedraven blinded on two of them.

Sad - for anyone who has to part in this way.

Also for many Farungs who drop mysteriously from high rise buildings.

Except their girlfriends / bf are always asleep when it happens, and are not held for questioning.

Sleeze and booze and cash are to be blamed for disasters of this sort.

This case is the first I read where roles have been exchanged.

Let those who still haven't understood still learn from the mistakes of others.

R.I.P. 

My wife said the two witnesses being interviewed at the end of the video said the man was not on the balcony when the girl jumped (?).  He came out on the balcony calling her name when she didn't come back in the condo.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

While not conclusive, his demeanor seems to of genuine concern. You can hear him tell her to keep breathing and asks where is the ambulance. RIP Wilawil. I hope for everyone's sake, this was a tragic accident.

Never trust an australian..... 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

You mean like when you live on the fifth floor and are suicidal, you just go knock a door a few floors higher and ask, do you mind I jump from your balcony?

Well I think most people do a little planning but it's possible you are right and she 'just decided' but there are several possibilities. I think jumping from a 5th floor is strange. I also provided a link that sets out the stats on how high and the % chance of dying etc. If she chose to take that high risk of ending up paraplegic and alive then she would have to be very seriously disturbed or on drugs etc. 

Virtually all ex bar girls living with fa-lung boyfriends/husbands  have a history of domestic chaos going all the way back to when they were children. Suicide is always going to be an option.

These women come from the lowest social demographic.

Edited by lanista
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, lanista said:

Virtually all ex bar girls living with fa-lung boyfriends/husbands  have a history of domestic chaos going all the way back to when they were children. Suicide is always going to be an option.

That is something of a sweeping statement  -   any evidence for it?

Do we take it that non-ex-bar girls are immune from said domestic chaos.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, smedly said:

How about actually contributing the thread instead slandering off other members

First of all, if written its libel.

secondly, many thai visa members deserve a slap for their moronic speculation - especially in matter like this.

And, third, the post that so offends you is offering actual commentary on the theread topic and responses, so far as i can see its you who contributes nothing.

11 hours ago, tryasimight said:

What's not good? What am I missing? 

The balcony railings run horizontally rather than vertically, so they can be climbed like a ladder..

The poster who provided the picture alluded to this.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Fifth floor?  highly unlikely she just jumped?  RiP

From listening to the Thais speaking after the poor lady is taken away to hospital / the morgue, they are definitely saying 'chan si' or 4th floor. You can also identify the men saying that 'the farang (boyfriend) wasn't in the room with her and that she was seen to have fallen or maybe jumped' ... in any case, RIP.

Edited by CanterbrigianBangkoker
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HooHaa said:

First of all, if written its libel.

secondly, many thai visa members deserve a slap for their moronic speculation - especially in matter like this.

And, third, the post that so offends you is offering actual commentary on the theread topic and responses, so far as i can see its you who contributes nothing.

it was a useless post (just like your HooHaa) discussing other forum members and contributing nothing to the topic, something that goes on a lot these days on TVF, people have every right to speculate their own "on topic" opinions - some have a much better idea of what goes on in this country than others

Yes she just fell off the balcony - right ?

RIP

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

it was a useless post (just like your HooHaa) discussing other forum members and contributing nothing to the topic, something that goes on a lot these days on TVF, people have every right to speculate their own "on topic" opinions - some have a much better idea of what goes on in this country than others

Yes she just fell off the balcony - right ?

RIP

Only  thing we can be 100% sure of is she hit the ground and died and most likely that's all we will be sure of. RIP

19 hours ago, lanista said:

I have to agree with you here , but we don't know if she was a bar girl . 

But be careful starting a long term relationship with a bar girl , her  past can be pretty messed up . 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 4:23 PM, lanng khao said:

Mint mansion?, is says min in the OP, thought I could smell something not right..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Probably transliterated from the police report. Means the same thing. 

3 hours ago, balo said:

I have to agree with you here , but we don't know if she was a bar girl . 

But be careful starting a long term relationship with a bar girl , her  past can be pretty messed up . 

Most of the girls who comes from a poorer family in Thailand, I would say had a messed up childhood. The risk they had a messed up adult start as well is quite high in a country like Thailand, where womans rights is non existent!

Edited by Hummin

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Most of the girls who comes from a poorer family in Thailand, I would say had a messed up childhood. The risk they had a messed up adult start as well is quite high in a country like Thailand, where womans rights is non existent!

Yes, women in the west with those rights are all so happy.

Let's face it, the whole world is messed up and hardly any children escape a messed up childhood.

I don't know anyone under 30 years old that boasts a happy childhood, or a future to which they look forward.

But this lady,

Did she fall? Did she jump? or was she pushed?

Edited by BritManToo