Chiang Rai Cave Rescue Teams Hit By Electrical Leakage

webfact

Cave Rescue Teams Hit By Electrical Leakage

By Khaosod English

AP18179198725640-696x462.jpg

U.S. Special Operations Command Pacific Search and Rescue team personnel walk out of a cave where a young soccer team and their coach are believed to be missing, Thursday, June 28, 2018, in Mae Sai, Chiang Rai province. Photo: Sakchai Lalit/ Associated Press

CHIANG RAI – Chaos erupts at the entrance to a cave where 12 young footballers and their coach are missing after an accident reportedly took place, injuring an unknown number of rescue workers.

Ambulance sirens are heard in the area, suggesting that some were sent to the hospital. Preliminary media reports from the scene said several rescue workers have been wounded by an electrical leakage.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/06/29/cave-rescue-teams-hit-by-electrical-leakage/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-06-29

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Current word is there was no electrical issue - it was turned off as a person fainted and was feared to be electric caused.

Wow, the story keeps changing.  In a situation like this, however, where they are running so much power right through the water in which others are swimming, it would seem almost criminal not to have the electricity running through a good and functional GFCI circuit.  If it were thus protected, there would be little need to worry, and a tremendous reduction in risk.

Well, US News and World Report just claimed three people were removed by ambulance following the cry that went up about an electrical problem.  They called the electrical system in the cave "jerry-rigged" and I begin to wonder how much that contributes to the divers' desire to drain the water before entry.

8 minutes ago, AsianAtHeart said:

Well, US News and World Report just claimed three people were removed by ambulance following the cry that went up about an electrical problem.  They called the electrical system in the cave "jerry-rigged" and I begin to wonder how much that contributes to the divers' desire to drain the water before entry.

And that was a replay of an old AP report and that they turned electric off briefly in confusion means there was an electric fault in reporters mind.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

We had a 'pro' fit a electrical socket for us, he didn't even turn the electric off, but in all fairness despite him being drunk he only got 2 shocks. ?

A 'pro' should be somebody who knows what they're doing wherever they are and will be able to work with live cabling. My son in law teaches an electrical engineering course and frequently works on live circuits. Another friend of mine works as a hospital electrician and because of the importance of maintaining the supply usually works 'live'....still alive after more than 30 years on the job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

i was going to say this was going to happen but I didn't want to sound negative.

i just can't believe it.

Well, I've been politely reminded it's against the rools to speak disparagingly about Thais, who, as everyone knows are the salt of the earth.

So I'm not going to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

A 'pro' should be somebody who knows what they're doing wherever they are and will be able to work with live cabling. My son in law teaches an electrical engineering course and frequently works on live circuits. Another friend of mine works as a hospital electrician and because of the importance of maintaining the supply usually works 'live'....still alive after more than 30 years on the job.

That may well be, but I don't think being drunk helped his cause.

• Like 1

Electrical leakage, Obviously DC.

In explanation, I once had a trainee of Middle Eastern nationality who told me that the difference between AC and DC was that AC current ran through a wire and DC current ran through a pipe. Watching my jaw drop as to who had taught him this during classroom theory he added...."That's why submarines can run under water"

So electrical leakage MUST be DC.

See, you learn something new everyday....

• Haha 1

Strange, my Thai wife reported that the group of boys and their coach had been successfully recovered and that this was in the news. Children and parents united? Any possibility of getting complete and accurate information regarding the search efforts?

3 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

Strange, my Thai wife reported that the group of boys and their coach had been successfully recovered and that this was in the news. Children and parents united? Any possibility of getting complete and accurate information regarding the search efforts?

Ask your wife where she got the information? Im sure you will find she read some random Facebook post or Tweet

18 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Well, I've been politely reminded it's against the rools to speak disparagingly about Thais, who, as everyone knows are the salt of the earth.

So I'm not going to.

So why bother posting this drivel? 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

Ask you Wife who told her that and check out her source .

Seems that you are just spreading the false rumor 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

A paramedic said one rescue worker was affected and in safe condition. A report on MThai news site identified the injured person as a disaster prevention official.”

There are no comments that I can make which comply with forum rules on not being negative towards Thais. Life has prepared me for the actions of  Thais,  but alas, has not prepared me for the political-correctness-inspired polyanna-ism on display here this week.

Na Khrab.

• Like 1