Chiang Rai: Rescuers make progress on day seven

rooster59

Just now, Basil B said:

Great news...

If it were me rescuing (and it was not in a cave or anywhere else without a phone signal)I would hand them a phone a say call home...

This pic is about as good as a pic gets. Wow! Awesome!

Safe to say, the whole world cheers this rescue.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dabhand said:

CNN showing now. Appears to be three of the boys plus the coach, but not sure. Big smiles and appear to be in remarkable condition. Just wonderful news!!

this is an old pic, according to the live news now . listening now to the broadcast

Edited by kevvy

Please do not post the old picture of the boys , they could be in a terrible state , not smiling like this and need medical help . 

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, neeray said:

Ditto. Too many negative thinkers gave up too soon. Logic indicated to me that success would eventually prevail. This is a win for Thailand and the world. Goes to show how countries working together can do more than those who isolate.

Agree...……...I also could not see how they should have died, what with a good cave temp, water to drink (albeit muddy) and some high ground on which to sit, so it was a matter of time IMO, and great news prevailed.

10 hours ago, kevvy said:

so what will the haters say now  who said  they will have died ...…

And I don't understand comments like this above; where does "haters" come into it??? They were stating their belief that the kids could be dead...…….negative thinking yes (as Neeray has said) but "hating"? I think you'd have to be pretty twisted to wish the boys dead because of hate??

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, champers said:

Everyone would love to see them do a lap of honour before the World Cup Final on the 15th in Moscow. Make it happen FIFA.

First they need to be removed from where they are to safety and then to hospital for a full check up.

That may take some time to achieve.

35 minutes ago, billd766 said:

First they need to be removed from where they are to safety and then to hospital for a full check up.

That may take some time to achieve.

Gee, you don't say.

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Not that they "could" be dead (obvious to everyone) but that they WERE dead, asserted quite definitively by some posters. One even demanded that the search be halted.

I will not attempt to fatthom what motivates that sort of thing but it certainly isn't love/compassion nor is it a grasp of solid facts.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Easy to fathom - 

vacuum - between the ears. 

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Not that they "could" be dead (obvious to everyone) but that they WERE dead, asserted quite definitively by some posters. One even demanded that the search be halted.

I will not attempt to fatthom what motivates that sort of thing but it certainly isn't love/compassion nor is it a grasp of solid facts.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, some posters.

But not all people that expressed pessimism about their odds said they were DEFINITELY dead.

People should not put those groups in the same boat. 

I still think my pessimism was quite rational. Of course, I am thrilled I was wrong. I think people all over the world are rejoicing in their survival even though it's true their ordeal is far from OVER. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, xylophone said:

And I don't understand comments like this above; where does "haters" come into it???

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

That wasn't quite where I was coming from with my post and I'll try to explain..........

Even if some posters did suggest they were dead (luckily they weren't) that is what they believed and why they posted it. 

However the link between that and other posts about "the haters" is hard to fathom, because it is a non sequitur and a post about the boys being dead, in no way indicates that the poster is a "hater" – – I just don't see the link?

6 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Wow. Really, who would have said that? Damn, I must have missed something in my speed reading. :sad:

Without going back to check, I would suggest more than 1 promoted the idea of calling the search off.

• Like 1