Chiang Rai: Rescuers make progress on day seven

rooster59

13 minutes ago, sjeng said:

If its that difficult to reach   these poor lads, how in the world can they bring them out alive without drilling a huge hole to the outside world.The rainy season is not over yet. 

You can't just drill a huge hole inside a mountain without roads to get the heavy equipment to the drill place. Helicopters can't carry that, can they? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BangkokSausage said:

Dude an emergency is never an emergency untill... Well it's an emergency. No big rain no emergency, kind of obvious really

Until you can show us a link to where a team has found the boys then they are on a level playing field with the Thais.

That's the cold hard truth. Nobody said they shouldn't have been brought in but many have said they are superior and will get em out. Turned out to be total nonsense!

Let me put it to you a different way. Your son doesn't return in the evening after going with 12 friends in a cave. It rains and he doesn't come home. As a father when does this constitute an emergency where everything possible needs to be done to find him. You seem to imply LOS has the worlds best emergency response teams/equipment. That is simply not true. They admitted as much but far too late. Lets move on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sjeng said:

THE QUESTION IS HOW CAN THEY TAKE THEM OUT OF THE CAVE IF ITS SO DIFFICULT TO REACH THEM. 

I'm afraid that they are a couple of days too late. If they can't reach them, so how could the kids reach the Pattaya beach chamber? The rescue would be depending on their consciousness. 

Just now, jenny2017 said:

You can't just drill a huge hole inside a mountain without roads to get the heavy equipment to the drill place. Helicopters can't carry that, can they? 

You could use Helicopters to bring in a good sized drilling rig, obviously the loads are broken down to be manageable for the chopper, problem is where do you put the drilling rig & equipment needed, will the ground bear the weight, also looks to be very uneven?

• Thanks 1

IMHO, there won't be survivors and it would be wise to be careful that not more lives are being wasted. The "electrical problem" just recently could have easily taken many lives.  

When I saw the British rescuers walking around to search for tunnels to get inside, I was asking my wife why the Thais didn't think about that before.

Very similar to mechanics who fix a car, but don't look why the car broke down. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sjeng said:

If its that difficult to reach   these poor lads, how in the world can they bring them out alive without drilling a huge hole to the outside world.The rainy season is not over yet. 

Prioritise! stage 1, reach them and sustain/assist them, stage 2, get them out, its doable ? 

• Like 2

I read a report on one of the TVF threads just now that there is one possible shaft they found that goes down at least 60m... The next sentence they say other shafts are too shallow since there's almost 1000m of overlying rock.

So if the translation is accurate this suggest even the 60m shaft still has over 900m down to go.  (I saw something on one of the Thai broadcast channels as well that there was over 900m of overlying rock as well, although was unable to understand the commentary.)

If they do find any survivors it may be easier to put them in a full face mask and drag them through the flooded passages, than wait until they've drilled down over 900m - and the chamber could easily be missed at that distance.

In the worst case, recovery of any bodies will be much easier if that's what it comes to, but provided they've not drowned in trying to swim out, there should be a reasonable chance that they're simply sitting it out. 

• Like 1

I am sure the boys and coach will be banging on the walls with sticks and shouting to get any attention. May be worth an attempt if they stop the equipments and drop detection devices to just listen every now and then. 

27 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I am sure the boys and coach will be banging on the walls with sticks and shouting to get any attention. May be worth an attempt if they stop the equipments and drop detection devices to just listen every now and then. 

I think if alive at this point they would way be too weak to do much banging or shouting. 

Aside from the physical threats, it's hard to imagine the psychological stress of being in that situation even more so for young children. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Let me put it to you a different way. Your son doesn't return in the evening after going with 12 friends in a cave. It rains and he doesn't come home. As a father when does this constitute an emergency where everything possible needs to be done to find him. You seem to imply LOS has the worlds best emergency response teams/equipment. That is simply not true. They admitted as much but far too late. Letfors move on.

actually Im saying there is no  method for preventing all emergancies IN ANY countries.

for posters to suggest there methods are the best because they are oz  or murican are not reading home newspapers. tragedies are a regular occurance for a multitude of reasons. The blame for this will be on the coach an mother nature' not rescue teams 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BangkokSausage said:

It wasn't an emergency then. Without heavy rain they would have walked out anyway.

The rain makes it an emergency. The great white hope have done nothing.

Just the facts emoji6.png

Will you explain YOUR version of the facts? With links and references of course.

You must be living on the site and talking to everybody.

Of course if you have no REAL facts to present, then your post is quite simply negative and total BS.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's entirely predictable after so much time and no people found (living or dead) that the fake news and rumor mills would be up and running. Vacuums need to be filled. 

Does that include those vacuums between some peoples ears?

3 hours ago, BangkokSausage said:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Will you explain YOUR version of the facts? With links and references of course.

You must be living on the site and talking to everybody.

Of course if you have no REAL facts to present, then your post is quite simply negative and total BS.
Are you living in a cave yourself?

Facts!

Useless 1st world teams have produced zero results!
Wake up!
  • Like 2

On 6/30/2018 at 10:12 PM, InfinityandBeyond said:

Why do you keep talking to yourself? You have claimed there was a "miracle." 

I don't think enquiring as to what that "miracle" is constitutes harrassment. 

You made the original claim. Myself and other posters whom you have brushed off as stupid are just curious. Not harrassing you. Just tell the world, what is the "miracle?"

Have you got a life use it

On 6/30/2018 at 10:12 PM, InfinityandBeyond said:

Why do you keep talking to yourself? You have claimed there was a "miracle." 

I don't think enquiring as to what that "miracle" is constitutes harrassment. 

You made the original claim. Myself and other posters whom you have brushed off as stupid are just curious. Not harrassing you. Just tell the world, what is the "miracle?"

Funny little man